PDA

View Full Version : Springfield XD .45

FlyingHunter
12-03-06, 22:00
I've been a long time 1911 guy and trust my Colt Commander as my carry gun. To my own amazement/confusion, I could not resist the new Springfield XD 4" in .45acp of course, and had a blast shooting it this weekend. About 200 rds later, its functioned at 100%,accurate, and I like the fact that I can tote 14rds. Has anyone else had a chance to shoot an XD? Opinions....

trio
12-03-06, 22:14
i had one, and carried it for a while...i like it a lot...point well, shot well, etc etc...

honestly the only reason i sold mine was because i have limited gun money, and i "needed" another 1911...

if i had money to play with, i would definitely buy another

jeffscout
12-03-06, 22:52
I just found this group, first post here.

I own and carry a XD9 subcompact and love it. I have shot about 100 rounds through a friend's XD45 and they are great guns. I'd love to see Springfield put out a single stack .45 subcompact on the XD platform.

Jeff

Chris_C
12-04-06, 07:30
I have at least 2500+ rounds through this one. I have had only two fail to loads...Took the mag's apart and cleaned them out, runs like a champ. This is a 40, not 45. I shoot production with it 1x a times a month at my club, also my carry.

I got it early on, when the OD's hit the market. The black finish wore out in about 1/2 a heart beat. SA since fixed those issues. I had the slide chromed. If I didn't already own another 45 ACP. I would get one. I shoot the crap out of my 40 and my not so much my 1911.

Great gun, great platform. Very few complaints on it...

http://www.plantoneforme.com/chris/xdpic1.JPG

shark31
12-06-06, 15:50
How are the slides and other parts on these .45's treated? I have a compact .40 that is a rust bucket, seriously it is worse than my blued series 80. I have to keep it soaking wet with lube. My only other complaint is that noone to my knowledge makes an aftermarket barrel for one, anyone have any leads?:confused:

Chris_C
12-06-06, 17:02
If you can be away from your SA for a few weeks, SA will refinish it for you. They have fixed the problem of the slides rusting by looking at them new SA XD's do not have that problem.

Ridgerunner665
05-15-09, 18:49
How are the slides and other parts on these .45's treated? I have a compact .40 that is a rust bucket, seriously it is worse than my blued series 80. I have to keep it soaking wet with lube. My only other complaint is that noone to my knowledge makes an aftermarket barrel for one, anyone have any leads?:confused:

None of these problems exist anymore...barrels are available.

And the slides and barrels are coated with Melonite (same as the M&P's)...have been ever since the introduction of the XD 45. However, the previous models were not treated with Melonite until after the XD 45 came out.

G34Shooter
05-16-09, 12:23
None of these problems exist anymore...barrels are available.

And the slides and barrels are coated with Melonite (same as the M&P's)...have been ever since the introduction of the XD 45. However, the previous models were not treated with Melonite until after the XD 45 came out.

Ridgerunner, why are you bumping 2-3 year old XD threads? :rolleyes:

Ridgerunner665
05-16-09, 14:25
Updating the info...people still search for this stuff from time to time.