PDA

View Full Version : POF P-415 Upper?

FJB
12-31-06, 23:55
I have a POF upper and have shot numerous others, talking inexcess of 3,000 rnds on a 9.25 without cleaning or a malfunction and over 1,000 on a 14.5 in an intense six hour training and durability testing session that included using a Gemtech can. The POFs have proved extremely reliable and durable. However, I share MASP7's thoughts regarding the POF uppers. I am not a fan of the Predator rail and the new Vltor VIS II for the 5.56 uppers may be the answer for that issue. That all said the POF 415/416 uppers are worth the money spent if you want a piston upper or even their complete rifles.

I have shot the Lietner & Wise and it was an excellent product that excuded quality, using a Noveske barrel etc. BMW of piston ARs.

I have only handled the HK 416s so can't comment only to concur with MASP7 on its outward appearance.

S/F

MASP7
01-01-07, 15:16
I haven't saw anything on the Vltor VIS II, but I'm currently working on a mod for the Vltor CASV-EL to fit it onto a POF 415.

BSHNT2015
01-06-07, 10:13
I was at a carbine school recently in SoCal, a student was shooting it and it performed as advertised-very good. My co-worker has one and I took it out and it ran flawless, no problems, and little maintenance. I have seen the HK but not shot it, this is the same with the LW system. I couldn't get in line fast enough.

The arguement is, is this new system any better then the traditional AR set up? Well I can say I didn't need to spend a hour or so cleaning the AR, the accurancy was decent to very good, and the trend seems to be headed that way with companies like HK and Colt investing into the system.

I like to see POF, HK and Colt make it in 6.8MM and 308. The 308 seems to first
in production. Too many toys. Good luck.

MASP7
01-19-07, 16:22
Quick pic of the POF 415 with the Vltor CASV Rail.

http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/album//00000356/POF_Vltor2_50.JPG