PDA

View Full Version : AR45 (New Update)

David Thomas
12-28-06, 22:23
I don't reload for .223, but I do for .45!:D

Same here!

I would love to see a quality 45 acp upper for the AR platform.

TangoChaser
01-01-07, 01:57
On a side note. Oly makes a 6", .45 barrel for those who are interested in a short suppressed upper or a pistol configuration.

Spooky130
01-01-07, 10:57
And to think I was about to sell 12 brand new GG mags...

Spooky

TangoChaser
01-02-07, 22:10
I read that also but I believe it to be written by someone who has never used a GG nor the mags.

Unlike the Thompson's double-column, dual-feed magazine, the Grease Gun used a double-column design that narrowed to a single-cartridge width at the feed end of the magazine. This meant that cartridges in the double-column magazine had to overcome friction in order to reach feeding position

WTF? All magazines have to overcome some friction. The GG mags start to narrow about 1 1/2 from the feed lips like all double stack pistol mags. If you take off the extra cover, welded near the top of the mag, you will see indents in the mag that ease the transition from double to single feed. Just like on a Paraordnance .45 pistol mag.

required a loading device to fill the magazine to capacity

No sh*t. I've never loaded one to capacity without a loader. You can take a few coils off the spring to make it easier to load and it will still function fine.

The magazine design was also sensitive to dirt and debris.

Again, WTF? There are no round count holes in the mag body and the base plate fits fairly snug. The only way dirt and debris can enter the mag is through the top. No less subject to dirt than any other mag and better than those with round count holes.

The U.S. Army later issued plastic caps or covers to keep loaded spare magazines from picking up excess dirt and to protect the feed lips, but this proved to be an incomplete solution.

The feed lips do not need protection. They are double width feed lips due to the extra thick cover that surrounds the top 1/4 of the mag. Incomplete solution to what? The GG mags are no more suseptable to dirt than current M16 mags. Welcome to combat conditions.

The M3 grease gun may have had durability issues but the mags I own have fed thousands of rounds without so much as a hic-up. The only issue I've encountered is the vast number of manufacturers that made these mags. I measured 10 new in the wrap mags and none were perfectly square.

The AR45 magwell is perfecly square ( as much as can be on a CNC milling machine). I've had to adjust all the GG mags I bought by squeezing them ever so gently in a vice until they dropped free from the magwell when released. Other than that, I haven't had a single issue with the 15+ mags I've been using. I've also not seen a difference in reliability between the blued mags nor the parkerized mags.

And as a last note, the AR45 mag release will work with either the "D" shaped mag slotted mags and the rectangle slotted mags. This was designed into the mag release during initial prtotyping so all GG mags could be used.

Did you know there were 2 different mag catch slots and 2 different finishes on GG mags?

rob_s
01-03-07, 05:09
Nope, I don't know nothing 'bout nothing when it comes to this subject. That's why I started looking around to do some research on where I could buy GG mags and stumbled on the wikipedia article I quoted.

Could someone provide a link to a retailer that stocks, or currently has in stock, GG mags?

Thanks for the response TC.

TangoChaser
01-04-07, 14:23
e-gunparts.com and sarco.com have GG mags. e-guns are $21 and change and Sarcos are $19.95 last time I checked.

TangoChaser
01-06-07, 13:52
Bad News. Due to circumstances out of our control, the AR45 will not be displayed at the SHOT Show. DeGroat will not have a table at the show and I don't know anyone elsewho would be willing to display it for me.

TangoChaser
03-16-07, 19:45
Great news. Ameetec Arms is looking at licensing the AR45 for production. Please contact them and help me convince them it is worth their time to make these.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=150&t=154182

WillC
03-17-07, 02:11
So did you come up with the idea in Kosovo or Iraq? Im confused.

Patrick Floyd
03-18-07, 12:57
Thanks for the info! I need to get one of those!

TangoChaser
03-19-07, 09:45
So did you come up with the idea in Kosovo or Iraq? Im confused.

I originally came up with the idea in Kosovo in 2002 but I didn't do anything with the idea. I spent my time working up the idea for the A1 carry handles that CNC Gunsmithing makes. I actually sat down and put my thoughts and design ideas on paper in Iraq in 2004 after a long search for high capacity .45 magazines. The mag search yielded 4 mags, the Thompson, grease gun, Riesing, and the Spectre .45.

I settled on the grease gun mag because they were cheap, very robust, and the center feed worked better with the Oly .45 system.

In 2004, I contacted Justin at CNC Gunsmithing to help me make a prototype. He designed the unique mag catch and made the whole thing work.

Hawgleg44
05-03-07, 08:55
My friend completed one of Justin's AR45's. I have an Olympic with converted Uzi mags and have been pretty happy with it, until I got a chance to shoot his.

With the GG mags, you get a larger capacity, cheaper mags, and it's as easy to load the last round as it is the first! Forget about a mag loader, you don't need one.

I'm on Justin's list now to get one of his AR45 lowers to complete, and from what I hear, he only needs one or two more people willing to buy. And, the thread on ARFDC lists a manufacturer who is willing to completed and register it for only $75! I'll do it myself, but for anyone who doesn't have access to a milling machine, this is a steal.

Here are a few pics of his:
http://www.cqbarms.com/photos/albums/userpics/normal_Mike_AR45_2%7E0.jpg

http://www.cqbarms.com/photos/albums/userpics/normal_Mike_AR45_1%7E0.jpg

NCPatrolAR
05-03-07, 16:33
I'm in for a completed one of these. I have 40+ GG mags already.

Hawgleg44
05-03-07, 21:29
I'm in for a completed one of these. I have 40+ GG mags already.

Good luck getting a completed AR45 lower! Ameetec seems to be dragging their feet on the deal, and say they can't make enough money on them as it stands now and want to make changes to the mag catch and go to a forged lower instead. The last thing they posted was that they would like to sell them for around $400, then they said they couldn't make enough money on them.

If you want one, the best thing to do would be to get a 10% from Justin and have the manufacturer posted on ARFDC complete and register it for you for $75. You would still come out ahead than if Ameetec was producing them, and you would have the full quality billet lower with the original mag catch.

TangoChaser
06-18-07, 21:04
I just spoke to Warren of Ameetec Arms via email. He has yet to respond to why he never sent payment for the AR45 lower or the barrel. His plan was to replace the lower he took with a preproduction lower and a new barrel from Oly. That was not the agreement. He also does not have a contract authorizing him to make preproduction AR45 lower receivers. He has since made my AR45 lower into a Post Sample full auto lower. Now it is gone.

As of now, Tango Chaser Tactical, LLC and CNCGuns have severed all ties with Ameetec Arms and canceled all verbal contracts and agreements to license the rights to manufacture the AR45 lower receiver. Ameetec Arms does not have the authority or the licensed rights to make any AR45 lowers to include preproduction models.

This did not have to come to this. All that was needed was for Warren Mee to display some integrity and comply with the verbal agreement we had for him to purchase the parts he took from me over 2 months ago.

The rest of this saga can be found on AR15.com.

Tango Chaser, OUT.

C4IGrant
06-19-07, 08:10
I just spoke to Warren of Ameetec Arms via email. He has yet to respond to why he never sent payment for the AR45 lower or the barrel. His plan was to replace the lower he took with a preproduction lower and a new barrel from Oly. That was not the agreement. He also does not have a contract authorizing him to make preproduction AR45 lower receivers. He has since made my AR45 lower into a Post Sample full auto lower. Now it is gone.

As of now, Tango Chaser Tactical, LLC and CNCGuns have severed all ties with Ameetec Arms and canceled all verbal contracts and agreements to license the rights to manufacture the AR45 lower receiver. Ameetec Arms does not have the authority or the licensed rights to make any AR45 lowers to include preproduction models.

This did not have to come to this. All that was needed was for Warren Mee to display some integrity and comply with the verbal agreement we had for him to purchase the parts he took from me over 2 months ago.

The rest of this saga can be found on AR15.com.

Tango Chaser, OUT.

Warren screwing someone??? Say it isn't so!

C4

Voodoochild
06-19-07, 22:25
Damn sorry to hear that man. Good luck with everything.

TangoChaser
06-20-07, 10:54
Ok, here we go.

Posted by Warren:

Ok, now that I can get to a computer while I'm visiting family out of state. Let me start by saying that it was a pleasure working with Tangochaser until his Alzheimer started to set in. First of all, he sent us a couple of lowers for re-anodizing and said that one of them was for us to do with as we wished. Including T&E, photos, advertising, etc. So that's what we did. We had reworked one, engraved it, completed it into a complete rifle, and tested it, and SBRd it. None of which was out of reach from what he said. During our discussions, there was no mention that we couldn't do any of those. In fact, we worked it out to the point that he wanted a replacement from our first run. That was fine by me seeing that he sacrificed one to us for the cause. Now, he says we stole it from him. The options were to replace it or pay for it, and we agreed on replacement. Only to find out that he had remorse and says he wanted money instead. Which is it? Damn dude, make up your mind. Once you give something to someone, it's not tactfull to ask for it back, especially once we've altered it. On another note, he decided to cause this commotion while I was out of state on leave with family. All his complaining and whining while I have not had the chance to answer. THat's just messed up. Money is not the issue and I'll be glad to send it to him. Now that I've explained myself, you all can be the judge.

We will on the other hand be offering an 45acp lower that will be a little different and not infringing on his design. So please stay tuned.

Now the truth.

Here he says he will buy it. Nuff Said.

Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:58 AM
To: warren@ameetecarms.com
Subject: AR45

Warren,

Any luck with the forgings? Did you get a chance to contact my local
machinist for mag catches?

Have you given any thought to outright buying my AR45 that you SBR'd? I
mentioned a price in a previous email.

Bill

re: AR45

Sent:
Tue 4/24/07 8:48 PM
Reply-to:
warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
putnamw@hotmail.com

Yeah, I'll call your machinest later this week. We're slammed. I'll buy your lower and pay for it or replace it with another....whichever you want. I'll have to wait til payday as it'll be taken out of my check then. I'll keep you posted.

Warren H. Mee

Here he says we will settle up next week. Never happened.

Sent:
Sat 4/28/07 5:22 AM
Reply-to:
warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
putnamw@hotmail.com

Yup, got your stuff packed up so I'll send it back along with your receiver that came back from anodizing. It'll go out Monday. Thanks and we'll settle up next week.

Warren H. Mee

Here he confirms he will buy the barrel. May 1st.

Sent:
Tue 5/01/07 12:30 AM
Reply-to:
warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
putnamw@hotmail.com

Got the lower that was reanodized and upper and parts and stock ready to ship out. I lost your address again. Email it to me so that I can get them back to you and out tomorrow. Thanks. I'll buy the lower and barrel. Thanks

Warren H. Mee

Another blow off on payment.

RE: AR45

Sent:
Sat 5/05/07 5:30 AM
Reply-to:
warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
putnamw@hotmail.com

I did. I'll have to get some money together to send you for the lower and barrel. thanks Bill and I hope this is somewhat successful so that we can buy some Margaritas. heheh

Warren H. Mee

I sent this proposal.

Warren,

I have proposal for you. I have in my possesion a 10% AR45 lower in the white. I does have CNC Gunsmithing engraved on it in 2 spots that can be easily wled over and ground flush.

Would you be interested in swapping my lower you still have for this one? This would allow you to have an AR45 lower with no marking except your own. I would really like to have my serial #1 lower back.

If this is no acceptable, can you give me a status on payment for the lower, barrel, and buffer you still have?

Thanks,

Bill

His answer.

re: AR45 Swap

Sent:
Sun 5/27/07 12:06 AM
Reply-to:
warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
putnamw@hotmail.com

Bill:

I'll send you payment this week. Remember I already engraved it AMEETEC and logo and info. Also it's an SBR. I'll send you back your buffer too as I have hundreds of these 45 buffers I made. Thanks

Warren H. Mee

Payment never sent.

re: AR46 Payment

Sent:
Sat 6/09/07 7:52 PM
Reply-to:
warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
putnamw@hotmail.com

Bill:

I got a new barrel and your buffer coming to you next week. And I'll pay for the lower. Thanks

Warren H. Mee

Basically a lie as in the next post he says he hasn't received the barrel yet and how was he planning to get it to me the next week when he is on vacation? And again he says he will pay for the lower.

RE: AR46 Payment

Sent:
Mon 6/18/07 5:16 PM
Reply-to:
warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
putnamw@hotmail.com

Bill:

I'm in Hawaii. Sorry for the lack of communication, but we are making progress with the project. I have not received the barrel yet and was waiting on the other parts to send you the payment and parts together. Didn't mean to be this way, but please accept my sincere apology.

Warren H. Mee

Don't want your apology, I want the money for the barrel, buffer and lower. You have the buffer, if you have the barel send it and the money and I'll shut up.

And now comes the threat to keep my lower and not pay for it in the next post.

Sent:
Mon 6/18/07 9:28 PM
Reply-to:
warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
putnamw@hotmail.com

Bill:

Thanks for the communication. I'm taking time out of my day with my relatives to address your concerns. The reason I ordered more barrels is that I wanted to build more repoir with Olympic with their 45 stuff. I also order more that that. Anyways, I would undue the SBR, but since we last spoke of replacing the lower or paying for it, I went ahead and converted it to a POST Dealer sample to run in full auto to see if it could handle that, since I had some local PDs requesting this research to find out whether or not it could handle it. We are 3-4 weeks away from having a preproduction sample in my hands at which time, I'll send that one to you. I expected the package from OLY to come in by Tuesday last week, but it didn't and I had to fly out on WEDS. So it might be at the shop now. I can go ahead and send the barrel and buffer to you when I get back or have someone go to the shop for me and ship it to you. Please keep me informed.

Warren H. Mee

And, one more "I'll send the money" diatribe.

Sent:
Tue 6/19/07 4:27 AM
Reply-to:
warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
putnamw@hotmail.com

Bill:

That's fine and I understand you and your partner's view. I'm sorry that it had to go like this, but I'm not making any threats. Just want you to see my point of view. It was my mistake not gettiing the payment out to you on a timely fashion, my bad. Just been slammed with the possibility of 1022 ban arising. We really do have something in the works for the pre-production. If things don't pan out between us, then we'll go ahead and modify our product so that we don't incorporate anything you guys designed. If you'll be so kind to forward me your address, I'll send payment for the lower and have someone send you the barrel that supposedly arrived at our shop in Gilbert.

Take care and best of luck with your product. Sorry things didn't work out.

Warren H. Mee

I didn't know you were on vacation when I started these posts. I found out from another website where you told someone else you were on vacation and it was confirmed by the detective that went to Ameetec Arms looking for you. I was pissed as I couldn't figure out how you were going to ship parts and money from Hawaii and I was pissed that you could pay for a Hawaii trip but not a mere $510 for parts you've been telling me for 2 months you'd buy. All I knew was you blew me off for the fourth time on payment.

It took the Gilbert PD showing up at Ameetec Arms for you to email back and I still don't have my money/parts.

If a barrel, my buffer and $300 show up at my house in the next week, I'll shut up and go away. All I want is reimbursment for the lower you "mistakenly" took as you say you didn't think I wanted it back.

Hawgleg44
06-20-07, 11:37
Unbelieveable. He's acting the same way about shipping your parts and payment for the lower like he did in his thread about production of the AR45. On again, off again, can't afford it, it's a go, wait a minute, still looking into it.

I'm glad to see his banner's been pulled from ARFDC.

Sorry you're going through all of this crap.

Dport
06-20-07, 21:21
Warren screwing someone??? Say it isn't so!

C4

I sense a total lack of surprise.

99medic
06-22-07, 01:11
TangoChaser,

I was wondering if there is going to be a re-design of the bolt catch so the bolt can hold open on the last round.

TangoChaser
06-23-07, 23:57
It's not a blot catch problem. It is a mag problem. The GG mags do not have a provision for a last round hold open feature. It is the follower on the mag that actuates the bolt hold open.One could be designed by modifying the mags but that negates the purpose of the AR45. We designed it to use unmodified mags.

The bolt will lock to the rear for loading, youjust have to do it manually.

jwh02017
07-01-07, 19:24
Since there is a continued interest in the AR45 lower receivers, I'm making another run of the 10%'ers. I started the machining this weekend and I hope to have them completed by the end of July. Since I don't have a firearm manufacturing license, I can't complete them to 100%. But you can contact www.khalan.com as they can bring the 10% to 100% for you. You can get more details at the bottom of this link... http://www.cncguns.com/projects/AR45lower.html

Here's a video I took showing the difference between the silenced and un-silenced AR45.... AR45 Video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2165917770864957703&q=ar45)

Thanks,
Justin

Below is a pic of the 1st operation being machined...
http://www.cncguns.com/images/AR45 - 10 percent - 1st op.jpg

Here's a pic of what the 10%'ers look like...
http://www.cncguns.com/images/P2120418.JPG

And here's a pic of my personal AR45 SBR w/ silencer...
http://www.cncguns.com/images/P9240491.jpg

Hawgleg44
08-14-07, 23:33
I just got my e-mail from Khalan Manufacturing today saying my completed AR45, with the DPMS LPK installed, was shipped out to my dealer today. I'll be sure to post pics and a range report soon.

Thanks Tangochaser, Justin and Mitchell for getting this project and partnership together!

I do have one problem though.........I only have 12 GG mags! I need at least 8 more to make me happy!!!!!!!!!!!

TangoChaser
08-29-07, 10:35
First batch of AR45 lowers are complete and all but a few have been shipped to the customers from Khalan. A second batch is in the works as we speak.

Oly ran out of barrels so I set up a deal with Kurt at KKF to custom make barrles for .45 uppers. He is making a few from blanks on hand but he has already contacted his barrel supplier and they are ramping up for full production within the next few weeks.

I'm still accepting .45 upper orders but there is a 2-3 week turn around as we wait for the barrels to be made.

Joseywales
09-04-07, 19:20
It's cool, but absolutely the last thing I need is an AR that shoots more expensive ammo.

It's hard enough for me to keep enough .45 around for 1911's.

With the prices we have today, it is a wash.

Heavy Metal
09-04-07, 19:56
Regarding the magazines, does anyone have an opinion on this statement? (found here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3_Grease_Gun))

Peter Kokalis wrote that.

Razoreye
09-04-07, 21:41
:D Anyone got the ARFCOM drama link?

I'm sure it is 20+ pages of bullshit.

Hawgleg44
09-05-07, 19:04
The M3 GG mag being a "weak link". I sure don't see it that way. Tell that to all the people using them to feed .45acp Macs, especially supressed Macs, at over 1100rpm! Dual column mags going to a single column, like the GG does have one advantage over the dual column Uzi style mags. When you drop them, the cartridges don't spurt out of them like a fountain!

I'm loading my GG mags for my AR45 just fine without a mag loader. The only mag I've ever wanted a loader for when loading has been a STEN mag. IMO, especially with the larger size of the .45acp, the GG mags are easy to load without a mag tool. And my mags aren't some old, used mags with weak springs, either. They were mostly NIW until I got my AR45 in a few weeks ago.

If someone decides not to buy an AR45 due to the GG mags, they are definately missing out on the best .45acp AR option out there for what I believe is basically a non-issue.

TangoChaser
04-09-08, 22:00
AR45 update.

Warren Mee gets out of federal prison in August. Went to jail over some realestate thing I'm told. Serves him right. He sold Ameetec Arms to the new owner of American Spirit Arms. ASA got Ameetecs entire inventory minus, you guessed it, the AR45 lower he got from me. So where does a felon hide a AR45 lower?

Khalan Weaponry was given authorization to complete AR45 10% lowers to 100% for customers, then promptly screwed most of the customers. He is still sitting on lowers that were paid for back in Sept. 2007. He won't answer phone calls or emails. He said he started shipping lowers from the 2007 batch 2 this last week but most customers have still not seen their lowers.

If anyone here is still interested in an AR45 lower, I recommend you buy a 10% lower from Justin and find a competent machinist to help you finish it. Do not send it to Khalan Weaponry. There is no telling when the batch 3 guys will see thier lowers.

Justin and I are working on a solution.

Impact
04-09-08, 23:17
dang dude..ur learning business the hard way...:(

TangoChaser
05-28-08, 04:20
Found another company interested in the AR45 lower. Waiting for them to send the non-disclosure agreement back. After all that's happened, I'm not getting excited just yet, but it looks promising.

We did find another small shop willing to finish customer supplied 10% receivers but we are waiting on a finished sample before we recommend them to customers.

Hawgleg44
05-28-08, 08:22
Damn, I'm lucky I got in on the first batch with a single digit serial number!

TangoChaser
05-29-08, 00:43
AR45 manufacturing attempts;

DeGroat Armaments - After waiting 6 months for them to sign the contract, they finally admitted they didn't have a 07 FFL.

Ameetec Arms - Stole my prototype, eventually paid me for it after I filed theft charges against the owner. Owner now in federal prison on unrelated charges.

Khalan Weaponry - First batch of 30 lowers were perfect. Been sitting on batch 2 and batch 3 lowers for over 6 months. Won't respond to customers emails or phone calls. I will be seeing the owner in person in the near future.

ASA - Returned the non-disclosure agreement (NDA) but has not responded to my emails to get project going. Will not contact my partner to get the blueprints and a sample. Wants my partner to call him. He has done so and the owner is never there. They called me and now they won't make a move to call my partner to get what they need to do a cost analysis.

Next company - Contacted me about making the AR45. Sent owner the NDA for signature a month ago and he still has not returned it even after I called once to see what the hold up was. No response to IMs to company employee either.

What the f*ck is wrong with business people these days? No integrity or honor.

LonghunterCO
05-30-08, 10:44

DeGroat Armaments - After waiting 6 months for them to sign the contract, they finally admitted they didn't have a 07 FFL.

Ameetec Arms - Stole my prototype, eventually paid me for it after I filed theft charges against the owner. Owner now in federal prison on unrelated charges.

Khalan Weaponry - First batch of 30 lowers were perfect. Been sitting on batch 2 and batch 3 lowers for over 6 months. Won't respond to customers emails or phone calls. I will be seeing the owner in person in the near future.

ASA - Returned the non-disclosure agreement (NDA) but has not responded to my emails to get project going. Will not contact my partner to get the blueprints and a sample. Wants my partner to call him. He has done so and the owner is never there. They called me and now they won't make a move to call my partner to get what they need to do a cost analysis.

Next company - Contacted me about making the AR45. Sent owner the NDA for signature a month ago and he still has not returned it even after I called once to see what the hold up was. No response to IMs to company employee either.

That is discouraging :confused: .

Renegade
05-30-08, 12:26

Firearms Industry has a a lot of problems. Not just what you have found, but look at all the folks that have put money down on stuff over the years and have nothing to show for it. Shameful.

flanntastic
05-30-08, 16:56

try Terry with Superior Arms, they are a small set up, but a full machine shop, and Terry is a class act.

Saginaw79
05-30-08, 18:43
I've been wanting one ever since I heard they existed but have held off do to one thing or another.

Kinda glad I did, hope you get it worked out as I really want one!

redtazdog
05-31-08, 15:56
I bet my SRT 45 Integeral upper will be done before the 45 lower that
I ordered 3 months before.