PDA

View Full Version : CMC trigger pack

mark5pt56
01-09-07, 22:38
So, is anyone using this? What are your experiences so far with it? Round count, durability, etc.

How is the comparison with the new POF type?

I don't know alot about either and if I do anything non standard, want it to be durable and non adjustable, less to loosen, etc.

I'm real funny about triggers, don't monkey with them, just pull them. I'm leary about anything with work done to it.

What do you say?

Mark

C4IGrant
01-10-07, 07:58
They are not durable and can go into FA. :D

If you want a quality drop in, look at the new POF trigger. For a quality, combat rated 2 stage, look at KAC and Geissele.

C4

M4Guru
01-10-07, 10:34
I have had good luck with these triggers:

1. Colt mil-spec trigger parts
2. Geissele
3. LMT standard. Never tried their match trigger.

I have had bad luck with:

1. CMC
2. Knights...I have swapped out at least a dozen of the in 18 months. The one's we've been issued don't like moderately high round counts
3. Rock River 2 stage
4. Armalite
5. Jewell
6. Jard

mark5pt56
01-10-07, 11:05
There's a considerable difference in the Colt trigger vs. the others. The CMT ones are ahead of the others. Bushmasters in my experience are durable, but are gritty as can be.

Are the Geissele's adjustable and use standard pins?

I don't want anything that's babied

Mark

M4Guru
01-10-07, 11:11
I would imgaine if Frank put his name on the Timney drop-in, it's a sturdy trigger as well. I want to try one.

The Geisslele I use is a DMR trigger, which is not adjustable AFAIK.

Kisara
01-10-07, 14:24
I've seen one go down (G-MAN) at a Trident Concepts carbine course, and another go down (AR15FAN) at a carbine class by 10-8 Consulting.

"I heard it on the internet" is one thing. Seeing is believing!

mark5pt56
01-10-07, 15:18
I think I've heard enough to not buy one.

Scratch that idea of one!

Back to the board.

Loner
01-10-07, 23:11
what's a good combat match trigger for a full auto lower aside form KAC? I currently use a JP fire control kit w/ tactical springs but with a stock colt disconnector and hammer, not bad, but I'm looking for an alternative. Any suggestions?

Bulldog1967
01-11-07, 10:55
Mine doubled at a Blackwater class a few years ago. :mad:

DrMark
01-11-07, 11:59
If you want a quality drop in, look at the new POF trigger. For a quality, combat rated 2 stage, look at KAC and Geissele.

My personal preference is for single-stage triggers, so that points towards the new Timney/POF trigger.

There's a lot of people who would like a trigger that offers less creep, better reset, less overtravel, and perhaps lighter pull weight than the factory Colt/LMT/CMT/etc triggers, but without giving up reliability/durability. Hopefully the Timney/POF will be that trigger.

Dport
01-11-07, 14:56
Mine doubled at a Blackwater class a few years ago. :mad:
I remember that. I was looking into a CMC trigger until then. I remember that after you posted your experience on TOS a bunch of other people seemed to come forward with similar experiences.

M4Guru
01-11-07, 20:55
what's a good combat match trigger for a full auto lower aside form KAC? I currently use a JP fire control kit w/ tactical springs but with a stock colt disconnector and hammer, not bad, but I'm looking for an alternative. Any suggestions?

IMO, there isn't a good alternative to a mil-spec full auto trigger group. I don't recommend the KAC triggers but most folks will tell you that's your best bet. YMMV.

Nathan_Bell
01-11-07, 21:26
IMO, there isn't a good alternative to a mil-spec full auto trigger group. I don't recommend the KAC triggers but most folks will tell you that's your best bet. YMMV.

I have heard that some KAC's going TU in the sandbox, I had assumed it was due to grit wear from the environment. From your statement I am assuming the grit wear is not the issue, but the unit itself?

M4Guru
01-12-07, 09:24
The three I've had on my own work guns broke on the range. Well, two broke and one wouldn't remain set where I had it.

My feelings are that "match" and "going back and forth covere in carbon and dirt at 750-900RPM" just don't play well together.

Bulldog1967
01-12-07, 14:28
I've since replaced mine with a Giselle DMR and have not looked back.

Dozer
01-12-07, 16:44
I've since replaced mine with a Giselle DMR and have not looked back.

I just installed mine and it feels 200% better than stock. I can't wait to go shoot.

S/F
Libardo

Shihan
10-02-07, 18:35
Anyone have a report on the POF/ Timney trigger?

chp5
10-02-07, 21:09
I have a CMC flat, single stage FCG in one of my lowers. I use that lower for shooting 5.56, 9mm and .22lr. I probably have 8k+ total rounds with the trigger and it's been great. YMMV

C4IGrant
10-03-07, 08:37
Anyone have a report on the POF/ Timney trigger?

I use these and think they are one of the better drop's available.

C4

Mike91A
10-03-07, 09:15
Sold my CMC and am going with Gieselles new 2 stage when available..

SHIVAN
10-03-07, 09:22
I think they are really good for a bench shooting range gun.

I could tell just by the time I had one, ~300rds, that it wasn't meant for high round count "working" carbines.

It did not fail in my limited use, and it felt very good for "precise" shooting.

GONIF
10-03-07, 11:40
I have a Timney 3 lb and it is working fine ,just put another 200 rounds through it this morning. 600 or so rounds total . very smooth and light. I have been told the Timney is what POF is useing. :D