PDA

View Full Version : XD 45's....

Hawkeye
01-15-07, 18:19
What do you think of them?

Nathan_Bell
01-15-07, 18:31
I've got a 4" ish bbl. It points very well, it feels much smaller in my hand than my G21's do, and seems to be comfortable to a wider range of people I shoot with than the G21.

I have about 250 rounds through it, so not a big sample for any reliabilty claims, but it has not had any malfs. Bought the gun brandy spanking new, did my standard new gun inspect/clean on it then took it shooting. THe first two mags had me a bit worried, as it was not keeping 5 round inside a paper plate at 15 yds.
After the second mag it started to settle down, and now is shooting remarkably well for a factory gun.

It has not replaced my glocks, as they are what I grab to go shooting and what i use as my CCW, but if I can get the trigger time I want this summer with it, it might.

trio
01-15-07, 22:26
i had one and liked it...carried it for a while...

i went through a phase where all i had were 1911 derivative pistols...

when i started to diversify again i was really thinking about the xd45 again...

then gotm4 convinced me to try the M&P and I havent looked back...

when does the damnable .45 M&P come out??? :D

MAP
01-16-07, 15:59
i had one and liked it...carried it for a while...

i went through a phase where all i had were 1911 derivative pistols...

when i started to diversify again i was really thinking about the xd45 again...

then gotm4 convinced me to try the M&P and I havent looked back...

February :)

Hawkeye
01-16-07, 17:25

I talked to a friend at S&W today, and he indicated about 3 months, on the FDE framed 45's, maybe a week or two sooner on the standard framed ones.

graffex
01-16-07, 19:02
I've shot the XD 45 service and Tactical models a few times. That being said I love them. They're comfortable, accurate, and reliable. The only thing keeping me from buying one is the fact that you can't get replacement parts through Springfield. They make you return the pistol so they can fix it under there warranty which I think is a joke. Until then I probably wont own one but so far I'd say it's my favorite .45

I'm keeping my eye on the new HK45, M&P 45, and FN45. Hopefully they can deliver a high-capacity .45 that fits the hand well, is reliable, and has available replacement parts for maintenance.

FlyingHunter
01-16-07, 20:37
Love the XD45. I've been a 1911 guy for a long time - a Colt Commander modified by Marc Morganti - great gun. However, recently purchased a XD45 and had Scott Springer @ Springer precision improve(greatly) the trigger and add the new TFO Tru-Glo sights - holy cow those are the best sights I've ever seen. It's now my new CCW gun. I've shot around 350 rds (300 Win FMJ and 50rds Rem GS 230gr.) Zero malfunctions. I have average size hands and it fits well. Hard to argue with 14rds that hit where you aim.