PDA

View Full Version : XD vs. Glock

BradA
06-24-09, 20:20
Ok whats the deal, it seems to me like everyone on here loves to bash the XD. Not knocking Glock cause they make a great paper weight, just kidding. But come on I got my first XD in 2002. I have since put over 10,000 rounds through it and only 1 stove pipe. I tried almost everything to make it mess up when I first got it. I ran 10 boxes of Blazer ammo through it w/o cleaning and never had a problem. I have since bought 3 more an XD45 and a XDm40 and a XD357. 2" or less groups out of the box at 30' you cannot complain about that on a side arm that cost less than $1000. Only thing I can complain about any of my XD's is the 45 will kill your hearing w/o protection unlike my 1911? Have tried several different Glocks and dont like the way they feel to me. So lay off the XD's and Springfield in general.

IrishDevil
06-24-09, 20:39
I wouldn't say anyone here is "bashing", just stating known issues. Don't marry your gear.

BradA
06-24-09, 20:41
I guess im the only one here that hasent had a single problem out of any of the XD's that I have then.

RogerinTPA
06-24-09, 20:54
Ok whats the deal, it seems to me like everyone on here loves to bash the XD. Not knocking Glock cause they make a great paper weight, just kidding. But come on I got my first XD in 2002. I have since put over 10,000 rounds through it and only 1 stove pipe. I tried almost everything to make it mess up when I first got it. I ran 10 boxes of Blazer ammo through it w/o cleaning and never had a problem. I have since bought 3 more an XD45 and a XDm40 and a XD357. 2" or less groups out of the box at 30' you cannot complain about that on a side arm that cost less than $1000. Only thing I can complain about any of my XD's is the 45 will kill your hearing w/o protection unlike my 1911? Have tried several different Glocks and dont like the way they feel to me.

First of all Welcome to M4C. Secondly, If your XD works for you, then more power to you. Why are you so butt hurt with unfavorable opinions of your chosen handgun? I wouldn't consider it bashing, just user experiences that don't happen to agree with yours. Your comparison has been discussed to death and I'm pretty sure you will not be changing ANY opinions here. Your's is an opinion of one. Not shared by most here. I recommend you trade up to the S&W M&P series...:) One of my M&Ps has over 5000 rounds of Wolf though it and still hasn't been cleaned, with no problems...so what. FYI Shooting firearms without hear protection does not toughen your ears. Continue to do so and eventually, it won't bother you at all. ;)

So lay off the XD's and Springfield in general.

This being your second post, sounds like you're Trolling to me and I sincerely hope you are joking....But suppose we don't ??? What are you prepared to do? Turn us in to the XD Forum? Hold your breath until you turn blue?:p Lighten up Frances, you'll last longer here if you tone it down a few notches.

BradA
06-24-09, 20:57
Not a fan of S&W auto's just something about them I dont like. What did I hurt your feelings that I dont like your choice in a glock.

roberto232
06-24-09, 21:10
You know it doesn’t matter what you talk about…….guns, cars, cameras, computer……..It’s all the same, they are all mass manufactured and you can at one time or another get a lemon. So one group will say great loving thing about a product but a group that is unfortunate enough to purchase one of the lemons then get a “bad taste” in their mouth.

Then of course you have to throw in the individuality…..everyone likes different things…..if you don’t believe that, then do a pic search on AR’s, all the photos are different……..sights colors you name it, I love looking at them to see what everyone else does different from mine, some have even given me great ideas……….God Bless our Individuality and God BLESS AMERICA

:D

roberto232
06-24-09, 21:11
And for the record I own two Glocks and two XD’s they all shoot great

BradA
06-24-09, 21:15
Dont have a thing against Glock. I just dont care for the angle of the grip. I tend to shoot low with them every time. Laugh all you want but my first choice will always be my old beat up Colt Trooper 357. Dont care who or what you are I trust it to stop it every time!

RogerinTPA
06-24-09, 21:19
Not a fan of S&W auto's just something about them I dont like. Good on you. Be well.

What did I hurt your feelings that I dont like your choice in a glock.

Nope, not at all. If you re-read my post, I never stated anything about the Glock.;)

06-24-09, 21:33
Facts are what matters, not emotion, when dealing with gun reliability, accuracy, and real world application issues. The majority of shooters prefer Glock. They are reliable as can be. I love HK but will admit Glock makes a DAMN good gun, i.e.- G17, G19. Many individuals, well respected and that have earned their stripes, would put their life in a Glocks "hands."

My research and reading leads me to feel Glock is a handgun choice many professionals, be it Mil or LE, would have no problem making. Don't have one, but am going to try out a G17 and/or G19 based on all I have read, heard, etc., even considering I just spent close to 2K on some fine HK handguns.

The XD does not have the pedigree of a Glock, period. If you really feel an XD is as good as a Glock, I suggest you do a little research. The vast majority of people with real world experience do not hold your opinion. Just b/c your ONE XD has done well, it does not mean all have done well. Glock has a long track record of performing not well, but superbly.

You are on a website with some of the world's most experienced gunners, watch how you conduct yourself.

RojasTKD
06-24-09, 21:36
Dont have a thing against Glock. I just dont care for the angle of the grip. I tend to shoot low with them every time. Laugh all you want but my first choice will always be my old beat up Colt Trooper 357. Dont care who or what you are I trust it to stop it every time!

I don't like Glock either. There grip angle just make me want nothing to do with it. I also once owned a XD-40, I didn't have an issue with it and in fact chose it over a Glock 23 because it fit my hand better and the Glock extreme grip angle.

But I have to say it seem like you coming in here with a chip on you shoulder. I've never felt like people here where uniformly crapping on the XD. Every one post their personal OPINION, about various firearms (in my opinion the Glock has a suckie grip angle and I will never own one, some will agree some won't). But to start you time here admonishing everyone because you feel personally insulted because some dare not share you affinity for you chosen handgun if not a good way to start you time on this board.

This board is full of many knowledgeable people and has a lot to offer. Calling you the forum is fairly ridiculous.

rharris2163, never mentioned Glock in his reply, witch was a rather non combative reply, and you respond with a childish statement. I don't like Glock either, but I don't have a stick up my butt about it.

BradA
06-24-09, 21:42
Watch how I conduct myself? And I may not be the worlds expert on shooting but by no means was I born last night. I do not disagree that Glock has a very long and even better track record. It is just not my choice, based on my experience with them. They dont feel right in my hand. Ive read on here people complaning about the XD but no one seems to have any specific complaints. I know several people that shoot XD's and Glocks and havent herd of any problems that were not shooter related with a XD. Started all this just a little curious as to why most that love a Glock seem to hate an XD.

06-24-09, 21:49
:(:(:(:(:(

BradA
06-24-09, 21:55
I understand there are many on this site that know more than I do. That was my decision for joining. I wasent trying to step on anyones toes when I posted this. I understand that Glock has been around a lot longer than the XD/HS2000. Everyone on here may be right and with the exception of my XD9, the 3 other that I have only have had a few hundred rounds ran through them so far. all other XD's may just be crap. I was curious as to why most that I read were complaning about the XD but they didnt list any specific gripes about it. Hey im all for learning something new. But just because I just joined this site today dont assume that I dont know anything.

RogerinTPA
06-24-09, 22:02
Watch how I conduct myself? And I may not be the worlds expert on shooting but by no means was I born last night. I do not disagree that Glock has a very long and even better track record. It is just not my choice, based on my experience with them. They dont feel right in my hand. Ive read on here people complaning about the XD but no one seems to have any specific complaints. I know several people that shoot XD's and Glocks and havent herd of any problems that were not shooter related with a XD. Started all this just a little curious as to why most that love a Glock seem to hate an XD.

Most folks don't hate any weapons. Most people appreciate and respect them, at least here anyway.

Glocks are more proven, reliable, and have a very long track record. I used to own one and I too hate the grip, but it was a very reliable weapon.

A simple search of the handgun forum would have answered your questions concerning this "dead horse' discussion. Spend more time reading before starting an argument right out of the gate.

PlatoCATM
06-24-09, 22:08
If you want specific complaints about the XD then use the search function to read the issues ad nauseam. Starting off in a forum by dismissing the knowledge base of the established members (not me, but industry pro's who actually know) is not a good introduction. If your sole purpose to join this forum--which revolves around the M4 BTW--was to defend the XD then have fun while it lasts.

BradA
06-24-09, 22:12
Wasent tryin to start an argument. Just dont undersatnd what the deal with downing the XD is. If there is some specific complaints I would love to know. And if it is such a "dead horse" as you put it then exercise your freedom and ignore it. No one forced you into this discussion. God forbid that someone could care less about something that you want to talk about. Because it seems to me that this discussion has been a waste of your precious time. Like I said I joined this site because I realize that a lot of people know more about certain things than I do. And if I can splend a little time on here and learn a thing or two and discuss different opinions then great, im all for that.

RojasTKD
06-24-09, 22:20
I understand there are many on this site that know more than I do. That was my decision for joining. I wasent trying to step on anyones toes when I posted this. I understand that Glock has been around a lot longer than the XD/HS2000. Everyone on here may be right and with the exception of my XD9, the 3 other that I have only have had a few hundred rounds ran through them so far. all other XD's may just be crap. I was curious as to why most that I read were complaning about the XD but they didnt list any specific gripes about it. Hey im all for learning something new. But just because I just joined this site today dont assume that I dont know anything.

Never said you didn't know anything. Just that you came across as having a chip on you shoulder. Now, one of the problems with the internet is that what you right and how it's interpreted may not always match up.

To me, and I believe others, it seem as you where come out swinging from the start. If that was not you intent I apologize for my misunderstanding. Non the less, you response to rharris2163 was not in a spirit of respectfulness.

Welcome to M4C, and may well all learn, grow and be kind to each other.

RogerinTPA
06-24-09, 22:25
Wasent tryin to start an argument. Just dont undersatnd what the deal with downing the XD is. If there is some specific complaints I would love to know. And if it is such a "dead horse" as you put it then exercise your freedom and ignore it. No one forced you into this discussion. God forbid that someone could care less about something that you want to talk about. Because it seems to me that this discussion has been a waste of your precious time. Like I said I joined this site because I realize that a lot of people know more about certain things than I do. And if I can splend a little time on here and learn a thing or two and discuss different opinions then great, im all for that.

If you have anything new and innovative in your discussion, we are all for it. Sounding like a broken record because you didn't understand the various threads about your topic, because your feelings were hurt in your initial statement, or not being aware of the search feature, doesn't enhance our collective learning curve, only our irritation curve. Blinding yourself with emotional attachment doesn't make us all trade in our guns for your favorite.

Quite frankly, we don't want to hear the same discussion posed every time someone new shows up, over and over and over again. Do us all a favor and use the search function and read, then contribute to that thread, with your irritations of why we are all wrong about the XD.

BradA
06-24-09, 22:34
I did try and search XD and it came back with nothing. It is very possible since I am new to this site that I may not have listed the keywords in my search right as I just put in "XD". I did not come in here trying to start an argument. Like I said if there is something specific about the XD that I have not experienced then I would love to know about it. If I have come across a little harsh then I do apologize. Never suggested that my choice in the XD is the perfect choice for everyone. The S&W MP was suggested to me. My dad has a MP40 that he carries and I have tried it many times, but there is something about it that I dont care for. Dont know what it is. I just prefer a 1911 or the XD for an automatic. But I will drop it. Did put up another post about optics for my AR and would love feedback on that. Thanks

RogerinTPA
06-24-09, 22:53
This thread is entitled "Why didn't the XD take off?"

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=23601&highlight=handgun

It should explain it all.

Outlander Systems
06-24-09, 22:59
:rolleyes:

Is it just me, or have more and more and more of these types of threads been popping up lately?

BradA
06-24-09, 23:02
rharris thanks for the link. I will check it out.

Gibbles
06-24-09, 23:50
I never cared for glocks much, but I bought a G21 anyways, after I got it setup with sights I like and I started shooting it and doing lots of dryfire practice, and after I had issues with a 1911 and hammer bite during a match, luckly I had my G21 in the truck and I got the OK for the swap as long as I downloaded the mags, it took me a few stages but I started to get the hang of it and now I shoot all matches with that pistol.
I even installed beavertail on that 1911, but the G21 just works for me, now I own a G30 for carry and a Import marked G19 that I carry often.

Grip angle not to bad, and it did not take me to long to adjust from a 1911, I hear that the G17 has the strange angle compaired to their other pistols.

I thought seriously about an XD when I bought my G21, but in the end I heard that Springfield wanted to do all warranty work on their guns and I could not get spare parts anywhere, so that turned me off on the XD.

yrac
06-25-09, 04:50
This topic has been discussed extensively, and yet another thread about it provides no value.