PDA

View Full Version : $439 M&P's For Anyone Interested...

Razorhunter
06-27-09, 22:09
Only three models to choose from, but excellent pricing, since this is an order they placed back in the fall of 2008, and are only just now receiving, they are apparently able to offer these three models at previous pricing of last fall. (per the email that was sent to my inbox)
SO, they are passing the savings on to their customers. This price is DELIVERED TOO.

NO MAG SAFETY models too, which are a must, IMO. Aside from that, I have no use for this savings, as I'm a .45ACP guy, and not looking to add another caliber to the stable.. (although the M&P 9's and 40's have been tempting me for quite some time)

Anyhow, I just received this notification, so thought I'd pass it along to you guys.
Hope no one minds. Good deal, hope someone finds this useful...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_39_850

bkb0000
06-27-09, 23:35
if i hadn't just picked up a G17 i'd snatch up that full size in a heartbeat.. still tempted to.

I'm a recent convert from .45 to 9mm- don't even own .45 anymore.. so the temptation is great.

i'll pass the info along, though- good lookin out, paul.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-28-09, 00:14
How is Bud's Gun shop to deal with? Are they kind of competitors with CDNN?

Powder_Burn
06-28-09, 00:35
Both are easy to deal with but I prefer Bud's since their prices are competitive and the website has good status tracking features. You can buy from either with confidence.

Shotdown
06-28-09, 01:02
Great price. If they had an M&P40c, I'd be on it.

Razorhunter
06-28-09, 01:09
You can do the ENTIRE checkout process of buying a firearm online with BUDS (I think you can do EVERYTHING). That is, IF your FFL is already on file with them, and let me tell you guys, Buds has literally EVERY FFL across teh nation on their FFL list, so if you use a fairly common FFL (and even many tiny, no-name FFL's are on file there), then you stand about an 8 out of 10 chance that Buds already has your FFL on file.
I think you just type in your zip code, and the website brings up all the FFL's they have on file in that area already.
I was IMPRESSED at the little, country-bumpkin FFL's from down here in GA, that Buds had on their list.
SO, I didn't even have to fax them FFL info. It was already on file!
They literally get swamped with calls/emails every day, so they STRONGLY encourage you to use the website only. It WORKS, and WORKS WELL too...

chadbag
06-28-09, 03:40
Just a note:

they charge $5 for insurance.

The price shown is a cash price.

If you opt for insurance and use a credit card the total is (at least it was for me when I did a test run through -- did not actually complete the order)

$457.17

Also, they display an AMEX picture but do not take AMEX according to the list of cards accepted.

addition: I am not an FFL so I am making this note as a customer service, not as any sort of competition since I don't sell guns I don't compete against Buds on this. If I had some spare cash I would get one myself.

brianc142
06-28-09, 07:56
This is very tempting. Great price.

maximus83
06-28-09, 08:51
That $439 is a great price on an M&P, considering it's the SHIPPED price. I doubt you'll find much better. I got my first M&P at this price, plus I got the $50 and two mags rebate; that was a sweet deal!

I've dealt with Buds for years, and apart from a couple of relatively minor nits on two purchases, the majority of the purchases I've had with them (including quite a few of my recent guns over the last 3 years) have gone smoothly and I'd do it again. One thing about Bud's is, while they often have the lowest prices you can find, they have a LOT of payment options and it can be confusing for a first-timer. Which option you choose will affect not only the price, but in some cases, how quickly you can receive your order.

The best way to go if you want the lowest cash price, is to choose the "money order/personal check" option when you pay (they also take your major credit card info when you choose this option, just to hold your purchase item while they wait to receive your payment). If you're in a hurry, use a money order not a check: they wait a long time for checks to clear. I've found that the extra $1 to $2 for a Post Office money order is well spent, they ship your order immediately upon receipt.

hhmorant
06-28-09, 12:01
That's a great price, thanks for posting it.

I bought my full-size M&P from Buds a while back and had no problems at all with them.

designman
06-28-09, 21:47
I've seen the ad for the M&P 9c at Bud's, but it doesn't say if the model they
have on sale has the mag. safety. Does anyone know?

Thank you!

maximus83
06-29-09, 09:29
I've seen the ad for the M&P 9c at Bud's, but it doesn't say if the model they
have on sale has the mag. safety. Does anyone know?

Thank you!

Bud's usually includes the S&W model # of the pistol. The current 9c they have in stock (besides the one with CT laser grips) is model # 206304, which has a thumb safety, and according to the S&W product catalog, NO mag safety.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/71/products_id/57866