PDA

View Full Version : CCF RaceFrames ready for shipment end of January

M4arc
01-20-07, 06:14
I received this email yesterday and thought that some here might be interested:

We are happy to announce that we will be shipping product at the end of this month.

First to be shipped will be Stainless Frames, for the G17/17L/22/24/31/34/35 & 37 models followed by aluminum for the G17/22/24/34 & 35 in mid to late February.

We do want to thank you for your patience in this extended wait.

At your convenience, if you will call your order in over the next two weeks, we will take the order but will not process it until we have the frames packaged, ready for shipment.

Again, thanks for your patience

Larry Gaglio
CCF RaceFrames LLC
PO Box 29009
Richmond, VA 23242
Voice: 804-622-4277
Fax: 804-740-9599
larry@ccfraceframes.com
www.ccfraceframes.com

Dport
01-20-07, 07:48
I got the same email. Earlier this month they were unable to list any dealers that would be carrying their frames.

HotRod9mm
01-20-07, 21:37
I got the same email. Earlier this month they were unable to list any dealers that would be carrying their frames.

That's because Larry is such a dumb ass that he wants distributors to purchase 5000 frames per year?????? :eek:

About the purchase, I hear Glock legal will have something to say before the first frame is shipped.

:cool:

SuicideHz
01-20-07, 22:25
SS before Al? That's also stupid IMHO.

Dport
01-21-07, 07:52
That's because Larry is such a dumb ass that he wants distributors to purchase 5000 frames per year?????? :eek:

About the purchase, I hear Glock legal will have something to say before the first frame is shipped.

So I had better order one before Glock puts the slap down on it huh?;)

What about Caspian's slides?

HotRod9mm
01-21-07, 10:25
What about Caspian's slides?

The slide is not the gun so as far as I know Glock does not have issues with that. The lower Larry is making IS the gun. Now if he was smart and made his own internal parts that were different from Glock's, it might be ok.

Gaston gets a little cranky when parts from other Guns work in his(case in point, Sigma). He does not care about the aftermarket parts industry, to quote Gaston "My gun is prefect and those parts just bastardize my gun". But then if the engineers at Glock make Gaston believe he thought of it first then it is ok to put that part on his gun(i.e. extended slide stop, extended mag catch, NS, +2).

Now I have not talked with anyone at Glock in 5-6 months and they MAY have taken a different position since then so we will just wait and see.

Nathan_Bell
01-21-07, 11:39
The slide is not the gun so as far as I know Glock does not have issues with that. The lower Larry is making IS the gun. Now if he was smart and made his own internal parts that were different from Glock's, it might be ok.

Gaston gets a little cranky when parts from other Guns work in his(case in point, Sigma). He does not care about the aftermarket parts industry, to quote Gaston "My gun is prefect and those parts just bastardize my gun". But then if the engineers at Glock make Gaston believe he thought of it first then it is ok to put that part on his gun(i.e. extended slide stop, extended mag catch, NS, +2).

Now I have not talked with anyone at Glock in 5-6 months and they MAY have taken a different position since then so we will just wait and see.

Does Glock really believe what he says or it is hype to move his product?

SuicideHz
01-21-07, 14:16
What's the Sigma got to do with it? Do Glock parts work in the Sigmas and SV40E s and such? We had a guy in the shop using a .40 version to practice qualifying for a job at the mill. He couldn't get confident because of the 8 pound trigger pull. If we can make his pistol better by swapping in Glock parts, it would be nice.

BTW- they issue him a Walther P99 40.

M4arc
01-21-07, 16:58
What's the Sigma got to do with it? Do Glock parts work in the Sigmas and SV40E s and such? We had a guy in the shop using a .40 version to practice qualifying for a job at the mill. He couldn't get confident because of the 8 pound trigger pull. If we can make his pistol better by swapping in Glock parts, it would be nice.

BTW- they issue him a Walther P99 40.

Because GLOCK took legal action against S&W because many of the GLOCK parts, including the barrels worked in the Sigma.

SuicideHz
01-21-07, 17:16
I understood that I guess. I just wanted to know if any parts could be swapped that would HELP that damn Sigma...

M4arc
01-21-07, 17:20
I understood that I guess. I just wanted to know if any parts could be swapped that would HELP that damn Sigma...

No, there's no help for the Sigma. The only cure is the M&P ;)

Dport
01-21-07, 17:35
Someone said 8# trigger pull for the Sigma? I guess they improved on the trigger pull over the years. An old boss of mine had one, his was 12# if it was an ounce. He also had to cut the front sight in half to get the elevation where it needed to be.

Of course, he insisted that it was as good as my Glock at 1/2 the price.:rolleyes:

SuicideHz
01-21-07, 20:23
yeah, we were thinking 8# on this guy's. It was a long 8# though- not short and crisp by any stretch of the imagination!

HotRod9mm
01-21-07, 20:45
Because GLOCK took legal action against S&W because many of the GLOCK parts, including the barrels worked in the Sigma.

How mant parts would interchange?

:D

John Fettes
01-22-07, 22:03
#1. I thought that Glock's problem with the Sigma was that he/they felt that S&W had infringed on their patent(s).

#2. IMLTHO, if Glock had frames with multiple sized backstraps like the M&P and some other handguns, there would be limited interest in the CCR frames. I'd have no interest in them.

John

M4arc
01-23-07, 05:55
How mant parts would interchange?

:D

My statement was poorly worded. I know that the barrel was interchangeable and the take down was identical to the GLOCK but I'm not sure if, nor have I ever heard of, other parts being interchangeable. My bad. :o

HotRod9mm
01-23-07, 09:43
..... other parts being interchangeable.

Actually it was a trivia question. Many parts were interchangeable and will function in a Glock. That is why Glock sued and won. Court docs were sealed but besides a HUGE settlement, rumor is when S&W sells one Glock gets a ck.

I was at SHOT when the suit was going on and in the Glock booth they had a 7' to 8' tall cardboard cutout of a G22. Gaston had the employees put black tape over the S&W logo on the slide. Now you know why the S&W, ACP, SIG logo no longer appear on the slides.

Care to take a guess as to how many parts interchange? :D

M4arc
01-23-07, 09:58
I'll say 15 parts were interchangeable.

HotRod9mm
01-23-07, 10:23
I'll say 15 parts were interchangeable.

WOW! That is really close to what I remember. :D

Dport
01-23-07, 11:05
Well, we will see if these frames are worth their salt. Got a SS frame on order now. Hopefully, it will arrive before Glock's legal department finds Richmond.

xringking
04-26-07, 22:22
I was not aware that anybody received a ccf frame yet? but according to the website effective july 30 pricing on either aluminun or stainless frame will increase to $349.00

graffex
04-27-07, 14:27
Well, we will see if these frames are worth their salt. Got a SS frame on order now. Hopefully, it will arrive before Glock's legal department finds Richmond.

Have you received your frame yet Dport?

Dport
04-27-07, 16:59
Have you received your frame yet Dport?

Decided to go the M&P route.

graffex
04-27-07, 17:21
Decided to go the M&P route.

I hear you.

I'm really thinking about trading in my Glock17 and picking up a M&P 9mm.

TY44934
05-22-07, 14:35
Though it would be cool to replace the frame on my Glock 35 with the CCF, then add the Caspian slide, KKM barrel & Lightning Strike trigger - only, then it would not quite be a glock anymore, would it?

Read on be.com that a few frames have shipped & that the added weight cuts felt recoil. No plans to get one personally. Let the games begin.

xringking
06-08-07, 21:11
ccf raceframes website says(# After January, 2008, we should have distributors setup and orders will have to go through a dealer.

Robb Jensen
06-09-07, 05:29
Though it would be cool to replace the frame on my Glock 35 with the CCF, then add the Caspian slide, KKM barrel & Lightning Strike trigger - only, then it would not quite be a glock anymore, would it?

Read on be.com that a few frames have shipped & that the added weight cuts felt recoil. No plans to get one personally. Let the games begin.

Because I'm torn between lightening up my STI Limited gun up a lot or just selling it. I don't know what a lightening job would cost or if it would be even worth it. When I started shooting USPSA a heavy gun was a benefit to me, but after getting a lot faster and better skilled a heavy gun actually slows me down and using a heavy gun is harder to transition with between targets. I discovered this when going back to Production and shooting a M&P9 and a Glock 17. My speed between targets was much faster and smoother with a Production gun. Now in my 3rd year of USPSA shooting I've figured out that I shoot accurately enough (most of the time) and plenty fast enough. Most of my inefficiency is between target arrays and I have a slower my draw and reload speed (hey I'm a slow learner ;) ) than most in my classification (B class Limited and Production). I find that while similar skilled shooters to me draw and reload much faster than I do I can usually still beat or match their times on large field stages. I really need to work on my draw and reload speed when I do that it'll probably help me up to A and then Master class.

So Douglas I'm thinking of building my G31 into a Limited gun. I have a Glock 22 .40 barrel for it. I would get the CCF frame and then have the slide milled a lot lighter, maybe make it look kind sort of like a Brazos. This should make it work with a 13lb recoil spring very well, shoot very flat and wouldn't have as much crap to break as my STI.