PDA

View Full Version : Colt RECALL!!!

d90king
07-01-09, 14:33
Just a heads up for those of you with 1911's that where built in the last few years... I am hoping that they will just send parts if any of mine fall within the date codes. I think most of mine are safe though except for a Combat Elite...

http://www.coltsmfg.com/recall.aspx

bkb0000
07-01-09, 15:23
there's a lot of things i dont like about colt as a company- a LOT. but there's something to be said for a level of pride and elitism like theirs.

good job, colt. most manufacturers would not have gone that far.

d90king
07-01-09, 16:59
there's a lot of things i dont like about colt as a company- a LOT. but there's something to be said for a level of pride and elitism like theirs.

good job, colt. most manufacturers would not have gone that far.

Thats the sign of a good company, stepping up when there is a problem.... They aren't that elitist anymore... now that they are using CNC machines...:p

RyanB
07-01-09, 20:30
Colt is much better run lately, which is a shame, I know people who were waiting to buy them out on the courthouse steps when they went bankrupt again.

Dunderway
07-01-09, 23:39
I've really wanted to buy a S70 Repro lately, but won't do it sight-unseen. God I wish Colt or a U.S. manufacturer had a .gov contract for basic 1911. The U.S. could really use a 1911 that passes government inspection again.

RyanB
07-02-09, 00:09
The repros are better than the originals, but the last time the government procured 1911s en masse from Colt was 1945.

Dunderway
07-02-09, 00:25
The repros are better than the originals, but the last time the government procured 1911s en masse from Colt was 1945.

They seem really nice, but I've seen too many QC issues to order one off the internet. I don't have a lot of experience with them, but I've never seen a rattlie old WWII era Cold or Rem Rand (unmonkeyed with) that wasn't 100% reliable.