PDA

View Full Version : P30 Mags

Palmguy
07-03-09, 13:53
Perhaps my Google-fu sucks, but I'm having a hell of a time locating any P30 magazines in stock anywhere. Anyone know of a decent source?

Thanks...

kmrtnsn
07-03-09, 16:00
Aren't P30 and USPc mags the same?

Mark71
07-03-09, 16:12
Aren't P30 and USPc mags the same?

They are basically the same magazine except that the P30 magazine is slightly longer to fit the extra 2 rounds.

The P30 magazine will work and function 100% in the 9mm USPc and P2000 (although they stick out slightly and do not fit flush). The USPc and P2000 magazines are the same and are interchangeable in either gun. These mags will not work in the P30 as they are too short.

ToddG
07-03-09, 17:27
Anyone know of a decent source?

HK USA has been waiting months to get a shipment from Der Fatherland. There is probably some little shop in Gooberville, Arkansas with 50 of the things in a box somewhere, but otherwise there are none to be had.

I found two the last time I was at their HQ in Virginia, and managed to get out the door with one ... they insisted on keeping the other because it was the only one they had for media, etc.

Luckily, a very kind benefactor from M4C hooked me up with a half dozen spares until HK's shipment finally comes in. It was supposed to be May. Then it was supposed to be June. Now it's supposed to be July. I think Vegas is now putting odds on which will happen first, P30 magazines going on sale or the Cubs winning the World Series.

chadbag
07-03-09, 18:03
Der Fatherland.

Das Fatherland (Vaterland)

Sorry

Chad

Palmguy
07-03-09, 18:11
HK USA has been waiting months to get a shipment from Der Fatherland. There is probably some little shop in Gooberville, Arkansas with 50 of the things in a box somewhere, but otherwise there are none to be had.

I found two the last time I was at their HQ in Virginia, and managed to get out the door with one ... they insisted on keeping the other because it was the only one they had for media, etc.

Luckily, a very kind benefactor from M4C hooked me up with a half dozen spares until HK's shipment finally comes in. It was supposed to be May. Then it was supposed to be June. Now it's supposed to be July. I think Vegas is now putting odds on which will happen first, P30 magazines going on sale or the Cubs winning the World Series.

:eek:

Damn. If this turns into a long term scenario I may have to take that into consideration as to my choice in pistols...which sucks, because I'm pretty impressed with the P30.

Question for you Todd, I've not had both side by side, but you are certainly the resident M&P guru and probably the same on the P30; are the M&P9 and P30 the same in overall height/grip length? Not jumping ship yet but I'm curious.

ToddG
07-03-09, 18:34
Damn. If this turns into a long term scenario I may have to take that into consideration as to my choice in pistols...which sucks, because I'm pretty impressed with the P30.

That's totally reasonable. Gun isn't much use to you if you've only got two mags for it ... at least, not if you are someone who trains seriously. HK knows the demand is there, but they're having to pick their battles with Germany and I don't think this is one that's come to a head yet.

are the M&P9 and P30 the same in overall height/grip length? Not jumping ship yet but I'm curious.

M&P9 height (w/std sights): 5.5"
P30 height (w/std sights): 5.43"

If you put the smallest side panels and the smallest backstrap on the P30, it is smaller in grip circumference than the M&P9 w/small backstrap. Not sure how many pygmies are actually small enough to need that, but ...

gtmtnbiker98
07-03-09, 22:39
It's a shame, I only have six P30 mags and I had to buy three pistols to get them.:confused: Hopefully HKI gets their communication together with HK Germany. I need magazines!!!!!!!

ToddG
07-03-09, 22:49
I've got eleven.

Two came with the test gun. Two came with the spare. One I stole during armorer class. Six came from the good samaritan mentioned above.

Two of them live in the gun and in a mag pouch. Eight of them are for range training. The eleventh I've planted in the backyard in hopes it will either bud into more magazines, or grow into a 20-rounder.

Palmguy
07-04-09, 00:00
That's totally reasonable. Gun isn't much use to you if you've only got two mags for it ... at least, not if you are someone who trains seriously. HK knows the demand is there, but they're having to pick their battles with Germany and I don't think this is one that's come to a head yet.

M&P9 height (w/std sights): 5.5"
P30 height (w/std sights): 5.43"

If you put the smallest side panels and the smallest backstrap on the P30, it is smaller in grip circumference than the M&P9 w/small backstrap. Not sure how many pygmies are actually small enough to need that, but ...

Thank you sir, I appreciate the input.