PDA

View Full Version : M&P40c

Shotdown
07-05-09, 14:02
Well I decided to pull the trigger again and purchase an M&P40c. I'm a bit nervous since my first fullsize M&P had mag drop issues. However, this gun is very comfortable to shoot and I wanted something that fits in my hand better. I carry a G27 now but I don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon just in case any problems arise with the M&P.

Anyway, the serial prefix is MPV6xxx. Can anyone tell me anything about it (any issues)? Also, how'd did I do? I paid $485 for it with NS, 3 mags, a Galco holster and 2 boxes of Speer Gold Dot. The gun has 300 rds through her.

ccoker
07-06-09, 11:03
I love my wife's Compact 9
been flawless
I think you did real good on that

Shotdown
07-06-09, 23:02
Awesome. Anyone else?

Buckaroo
07-07-09, 08:16
I love my 40c and have had no problems with it (well other than the rear sight that tried to fall off in a match after I had a local "smith" put night sights on for me). It has eaten every kind of ammo I have found to try.

I probably have over 2000 rounds through mine and picked up a 9c for my kid. He doesn't like it as well as the FS 9 due to the smaller grip (he is 16 and still learning to get a good grip on a weapon).

On the 9c I discovered that I should not knock the mag on its back after loading (I somehow got the idea that this would "seat" the rounds better :rolleyes:) I found that this caused the rounds to fail to feed properly.

I really like the M&P ergonomics (switched from Glocks) and the ability to easily add a Crimson Trace grip. Trigger improvement is my next quest but I am cheap and cautious about modifications on carry weapons.

Buckaroo

Shotdown
07-07-09, 15:30
Good to know about the mags. Yeah I really liked that fullsize .40. I used it for IDPA and it preformed flawlessly up until the mag drop issue. It ate everything as well, uncluding reloads from HSM.

I picked up the compact today and it feels really nice in my hand. I can't wait to try it out. I may add some CT grips to it later on down the road.

ghost762
07-08-09, 20:19
I'm thinking of getting one also to replace my S&W model 410.

woodandsteel
07-09-09, 10:29
You picked out a nice handgun. I was at a gun store a few weeks back and almost bought one of those. It was going to be an anniversary gift to the wife. But, my wife insists on carrying one with the thumb safety. The only ones that they had at the gun store were the standard M&P 40c's without the thumb safety.

I was really impressed with the overall feel of the gun itself.

I hope you have good luck with it. Keep us posted on how well it works for you.