PDA

View Full Version : HK 45c

murphy j
07-05-09, 20:13
Picked up a used one a week or so ago. It didn't look abused and only slightly used. I've got a couple hundred rounds of ball down it and think it's a pretty good shooter. Since it was used, it didn't have everything from the factory with it. I basically got a box, gun, 2 mags and the cable lock. Anyone know where I can get a manual? I've checked the HK site, but couldn't find the download for it. I also don't know what all it's supposed to come from the factory with, so a little help there would be nice. Anyway.....if any members here are owners and would like to let me know their experiences with the pistol, I'd like to hear what you have to say. Thanks.

ToddG
07-05-09, 20:20
HK45/HK45c manual (http://www.kerensky.net/pdf/hk45.pdf)

murphy j
07-05-09, 20:28
Thanks Todd!

IrishDevil
07-05-09, 20:44
Sounds like you have everything, but the additional back straps. I'm not sure they're available for purchase seperately or not. If you even want/need them.

The size is stamped on the inside of the back strap. Push out the pin at the bottom of the grip and it slides off.

murphy j
07-05-09, 21:27
Sounds like you have everything, but the additional back straps. I'm not sure they're available for purchase seperately or not. If you even want/need them.

I probably don't need them, but would be interested in feeling the difference between the different sizes. The gun fits pretty good in my hand with the one that's in there. One of the reasons I decided to get the gun is the similarity in controls and percieved fit to my 1911. I'll probably end up checking out an M&P 45 now :D.

loupav
07-06-09, 09:25
Congrats on your new pistol. Shoot it in good health.

I'm a big fan of HK's in .45 I have a few USP's and two HK45's. Both full size.

HK45
07-06-09, 16:43
After buying two HK 45's i was not in a hurry to buy the c model. Wish I would have gotten them sooner though. I can really pound out the .45 quickly and accurately wit the c. I think it's because the lip on the bottom of the mag holds my hand in better so I don't get the same muzzle flip I get on the full size. my only complaint with the c is that it feels little top heavy and unbalanced to me with t sorter grip. I still shoot the M&P .45s better than either Hk though...