PDA

View Full Version : OH SNAP - AA CONVERSION

bgoode
07-06-09, 14:14
The gods must be looking out for me! I didnt think these would EVER be around for a while so I snagged a CCMG conversion kit for the AR with the funds I had for this G19 conversion!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/bgoode/22Conversion.jpg

Since I was out of funds the wife let me use our family funds to get it before it walked off :)

DANG - ITS A GOOD MONDAY!

SeriousStudent
07-06-09, 14:26
Outstanding luck for you, sir. :)

Did she find it online, or was it in a local store? I have been hunting for that exact kit myself.

bgoode
07-06-09, 14:30
The local Pawn / Gunstore had one. There actually a good gunshop. They used to be all pawn and bought out a local gunshop that went out of business. Now there the best gunshop within a 40 min drive from me. I stop in weekly as their 5 min down the road.

I LUCKED OUT TODAY.

SeriousStudent
07-06-09, 14:39
Very nice! Advantage Arms has a notice on their website, that they plan to sell direct via the web in September. I'll probably have to wait until then.

I did see a kit at a local gun show several weeks ago, but it was $100 over MSRP. :eek:

John_Wayne777
07-06-09, 14:44
I've been on backorder from TopGlock since November.

Getting a wee bit peeved....

bgoode
07-06-09, 14:47
It was $285 but they knocked off from $299. They knock down the price because I buy a little all the time when I can from them.

Mark71
07-06-09, 14:54
Congrats on picking up the AA kit. They are lots of fun to shoot and are a great low cost training aid. Shoot quality ammo through the kit and you will have zero issues. I have been shooting nothing but CCI 40 grain HV Mini Mags and have never had a single issue with the thousands of rounds fired.

bgoode
07-06-09, 15:00
I have a few Mini Mags so ill plan to use that with this kit.

SeriousStudent
07-06-09, 15:15
I've been on backorder from TopGlock since November.

Getting a wee bit peeved....

I am on that same list. I bet I get one from AA first.

rob_s
07-06-09, 15:53
I have one that's never even been out of the box, and three spare mags for it besides the one it came with.

No, it's not for sale. :p

bgoode
07-06-09, 16:57
Rob,
Mags will be next for it. I was lucky to get a CMMG conversion kit for the AR as well.

JAYTEAM
07-06-09, 18:05
I have one that's never even been out of the box, and three
No, it's not for sale. :p

I was just getting ready to ask when I finished reading your first sentence. :D

I guess I'll be waiting for them to sell direct on the web in September. I carry a G19 every day, and I would love to have one of their uppers with a threaded barrel to go with the Outback II I'm waiting to get my Form 4 back on. I could carry one of my G19's, and leave the AA upper on my backup.

Jay