PDA

View Full Version : Geissele and Colt 6920 compatible?

RAM Engineer
01-22-07, 21:01
I've been shooting LMT stuff for the last few years, but I'm considering picking up a 6920. Will a Geissele DMR Rifle Trigger work in a 6920 lower?

I ask this because my experience with Colts is from back in the day with weird trigger pin sizes, oddball pivot pins and sear blocks. I don't know what kind of strangeness Colt currently has going on in their lowers.

Thanks,

Jason

Dozer
01-22-07, 21:47
Geissele makes models with large and small pins. Try their website for more info http://www.geissele.com/. Below is a some info from their site. I hope this helps.

*NOTE: Colt receivers with large pins (.169" dia) require our Large Pin Trigger. Our Large Pin Trigger will not work in a lower that has a Sear Block. Some early Colt receivers and all other branded receivers (Bushmaster, Armalite, Rock River, Olympic Arms, Eagle Arms, PWS, Stag, CLE, etc) use the small pin (.154" dia) that our Small Pin Trigger is designed for.

RAM Engineer
01-22-07, 21:52
Geissele makes models with large and small pins. Try their website for more info http://www.geissele.com/. Below is a some info from their site. I hope this helps.

*NOTE: Colt receivers with large pins (.169" dia) require our Large Pin Trigger. Our Large Pin Trigger will not work in a lower that has a Sear Block. Some early Colt receivers and all other branded receivers (Bushmaster, Armalite, Rock River, Olympic Arms, Eagle Arms, PWS, Stag, CLE, etc) use the small pin (.154" dia) that our Small Pin Trigger is designed for.

Yeah, I guess it's the sear block that has me confused. Do they not use them anymore, or are they just not in the LE rifles?

Thanks,

Jason

Dozer
01-22-07, 21:56
I couldn't say. When I purchased my trigger, I called in and they were able to answer every question I had. Give them a call, you won't be disappointed.

S/F
Libardo

Steve_Morrison
01-22-07, 22:42
Current production Colts from the last several years do not have the pinned in sear block.