PDA

View Full Version : The Fobus paddle hoslter and you

WillBrink
07-11-09, 17:12
The major issue I have with the vid is, It's too bad he says kydex vs Fobus. That's a Fobus paddle holster. Fobus is cheaply made, but not all Kydex holsters are created equal there. I don't like or wear paddle holsters for various reasons, but there are other brands you would not be able to do that with. Regardless, yikes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDeKtgkZKmQ

ST911
07-11-09, 21:22
The comment from the video:

This is why you don't use a kydex holster, a paddle holster, or carry OWB. Commenting is turned off because I'm tired of moderating bickering that misses the point so people can press an agenda.

More likely, I think he was tired of being taken to task on how ignorant he is.

CarbonCycles
07-11-09, 22:46
Lame video - how often are you going to stand there and do nothing when someone has their hand on your firearm?

ToddG
07-11-09, 23:46
(1) There isn't a paddle on the market I'd trust for serious weapons retention. Lots of them -- even the ones from well respected companies -- tend to break. Even when they don't, it's not uncommon to see one ripped off the pants, paddle & all.

(2) While you may be able to protect your gun during a grab attempt, that doesn't mean you can prevent torque from being applied to the holster/paddle. Once the holster breaks, the gun is essentially in the wind and you've lost the advantage of having it anchored to your body.