PDA

View Full Version : AIWB for G29?

Dan Goodwin
07-11-09, 23:39
Just got a good deal on as new G29 non-railed. It appears from the AIWB thread that most like the Looper, but I notice he's not taking orders.

How do you guys feel about getting a Blade-Tech IWB that can be configured for verticals AIWB as a stop-gap till I can get a Looper?

skipper49
07-12-09, 13:13
I've got several Blade Tech holsters and like them very much. I find myself using their UCH(?) tuckable that I use for my Kahr P-40 and my Glock 26 most often, although I don't often "tuck". The cant is adjustable and fit is precise.
BTW, you probably won't be tucking either with that fat"29".

Skip

sjc3081
07-12-09, 13:41
Right front pants pocket is where I carry my G20. Your G29 should fit there also and you can have a gun in your hand when you need it, without raising eyebrows.

skyugo
07-12-09, 13:59
Right front pants pocket is where I carry my G20. Your G29 should fit there also and you can have a gun in your hand when you need it, without raising eyebrows.

man you must have some big pants. :p

skipper49
07-12-09, 14:13
Wow, make that GIANT pants!

yrac
07-12-09, 14:19
While I prefer the Looper, I have used Blade-Tech IWB holsters configured for a straight drop and carried AIWB with no problems. For several years, I carried a G19 AIWB in a Blade-Tech universal IWB.

Pocket carry is a tough spot for a primary gun - not the easiest to reach when seated or when in an awkward physical position.

sjc3081
07-12-09, 15:52
5.11 pants have huge deep front pockets.

BH1
07-12-09, 20:28
Right front pants pocket is where I carry my G20.

5.11 pants have huge deep front pockets.

If it's in there deep enough to allow you to sit down I'd imagine the drawstroke being fairly awkward at best. Do you use a holster in that front pocket?

Yojimbo
07-12-09, 20:33
I've used the Blade-Tech IWB setup for a straight drop for a few years with A-IWB and it works but it isn't really designed for that type of carry. I felt that the Blade-Tech holster was much more bulky and thicker than it needed to be for A-IWB use.

I'm currently using a Raven ACR appendix IWB holster and has been great. At least for me it has been the most configurable and comfortable kydex A-IWB I have used.

I would highly recommend the Raven ACR for anyone who wants a kydex A-IWB holster.

ToddG
07-12-09, 22:29
Pocket carry is a tough spot for a primary gun - not the easiest to reach when seated or when in an awkward physical position.

It's also rarely accessible enough if forced to draw with the opposite hand (e.g., left hand, right pocket). If your first clue to being in a gunfight is that your dominant hand/arm gets disabled, that would really suck.

sjc3081
07-13-09, 06:14
Yes, but with pocket carry you discreetly have your pistol in your hand before the fight starts. There are times when the hair on your neck stands up and you know you should present your pistol, but you can't due the law. With pocket carry you can have your pistol in your hand and halfway out of your pocket ready for instant deployment, without anyone else knowing your intentions. When it is 3am and your standing in line at the local Shop and Rob and three hoodied thugs walk in and a look like they are ready to roll you can't draw down on them before they act, if they act, and there is no room or time to flee. But with pocket carry my G20 is in my hand, fully gripped, ready to draw and instantly prepared to engage without anyone knowing any better. And with pocket carry I have a greater advantage than disadvantage.