PDA

View Full Version : Sig Pro 2022

vicious_cb
07-14-09, 04:14
Currently looking to purchase one. Are there any issues with the pistol like reliability problems or anything like that? Basically would you trust it for serious use is what Im asking.

They dont seem very popular in the US so info is hard to come by on this particular model.

Rider79
07-14-09, 10:37
I'm curious about this as well. One of our employees is pretty much dead set on purchasing one, has asked me my opinion, but I don't have much info on them.

signal4l
07-14-09, 11:38
Send an IM to Todd G. He is the expert on all things SIG

I know that the Sig Pro is heavily marketed overseas. I believe they are used quite a bit in France and in some South American countries.

It is a simplified design compared to the classic series. They do not seem to have caught on in the US.

ed32hall
07-14-09, 11:46
The most under-rated Sig out there. EXCELLENT pistol and VERY reliable. The smoothest 'out of the box' trigger production gun that Sig makes. Take down is a little different than the standard P- series guns, but nothing drastic, just a little different. Currently, these are going from between $450 shipped to $500 shipped on average. I'm not sure if they are making the 2022 series in .40S&W any more, but all that I have seen recently are in 9MM. Ed

ToddG
07-14-09, 12:36
The two biggest problems with the SIG 2022:
It's not a Classic (P22x) line gun, so most SIG fans turn their nose up at the cheaper gun.
It is literally drenched in the stigma from the original sigpro (2009/2340) which did not fair nearly as well.

The reality is that a 2022 is a pretty decent gun, especially since SIG is often selling them at rock bottom prices. Last I knew, they also came standard with night sights, which needs to be factored in when comparing price. The current crop is reliable and has a good trigger. Finding accessories can be difficult, but there are enough options out there that you should be able to get everything sorted out.

Would it be my first choice? No. But would I feel adequately armed with one? Yes.

SteyrAUG
07-14-09, 13:05
You guys might find this interesting.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/350601935/m/66710104

Jim from Houston
07-14-09, 13:25
Very reliable, very decent weapon. I don't happen to shoot them as well as a Glock 19, but the SP2022 is certainly nothing to turn up one's nose at.

Its been much more successful overseas and is a very popular police sidearm in Europe (most cops in France, and many in Switzerland carry it). It's highly regarded in those circles and it's been trialed and tested extensively and passed.

I don't happen to do well with the Sig classic line, I'm just not a "Sig guy"... I've always done way better with Glocks and HK's, however, if I were required to carry a Sig product, I'd probably choose the SP2022...sort of a "Sig" for "non-Sig people". Which is, I guess, why it hasn't sold that well....

All in all, a good pistol...if the price is right, I doubt you'd regret the purchase.

vicious_cb
07-14-09, 21:31
Thanks guys, I appreciate the info. I was thinking it was too good to be true, $480 for a SIG with night sights and 2 mags.

Im wondering if theres a DAK conversion for this.

NinjaMedic
07-14-09, 21:55
There is indeed a DAO conversion available, takes about 10 minutes to install, can be sourced from brownells. I agree its he most underrated Sig out there. Only Sig I currently own and I have around 5600 documented rounds through it with no issues. I would highly recommend it. Only downside as previously mentioned is that there is not a huge accessories market for it as far as holsters and such but you can find them.

ToddG
07-15-09, 10:36
Im wondering if theres a DAK conversion for this.

There is no DAK version of the 2022. There is a DAO module which you can install, but it does not give as light a trigger pull as a DAK nor does it have the option for the short intermediate reset from a DAK.

NinjaMedic
07-15-09, 18:46
Thanks for clarifying Todd I didnt read his question as thoroughly as I should have.

luv2pbal
07-20-09, 13:07
i have the 2022 in .40 and love it. functions perfect and fits my hands very well. i would recommend getting one. at that price it is hard to beat

JonInWA
07-20-09, 14:54
Dr. Ken Lunde has compiled some excellent information on the Sigpro/2022 that I'd recommend to users-see www.lundestudio.com/SigProFAQ

I've had a Sigpro in the past (a 2340, and I also had the .357 SIG barrel for it); other than being terminally indecisive as to which of the two grip sizes I liked, I never had any problems with the gun. I eventually traded it, simply because I never really used it much, and I got more into my Glocks.

In terms of comparisons, I think that you'd find that it favorably compares to the HK P2000 and USP, with better ergonomics than the USP, and about on par with the P2000. As has been mentioned, they're significantly less expensive (particularly compared to an HK), and additional magazines should be easily available. When I had mine, I had Kramer make one of their #3 IWB holsters for it, which I found to be exceptionally comfortable and easy to use.

Best, Jon

vicious_cb
07-21-09, 03:52
Dr. Ken Lunde has compiled some excellent information on the Sigpro/2022 that I'd recommend to users-see www.lundestudio.com/SigProFAQ

I've had a Sigpro in the past (a 2340, and I also had the .357 SIG barrel for it); other than being terminally indecisive as to which of the two grip sizes I liked, I never had any problems with the gun. I eventually traded it, simply because I never really used it much, and I got more into my Glocks.

In terms of comparisons, I think that you'd find that it favorably compares to the HK P2000 and USP, with better ergonomics than the USP, and about on par with the P2000. As has been mentioned, they're significantly less expensive (particularly compared to an HK), and additional magazines should be easily available. When I had mine, I had Kramer make one of their #3 IWB holsters for it, which I found to be exceptionally comfortable and easy to use.

Best, Jon

Now Im looking for a good IWB holster. I checked out the kramer #3 looks good buts it pricey and Im looking for klydex with a j-clip.

Any opinions on the blade tech IWB? http://www.blade-tech.com/In-the-Waistband-IWB-IDPA-APPROVED-pr-820.html

JonInWA
07-21-09, 11:11
I've personally been very pleased with my Blade-Tech IWB and Nano (also an IWB) holsters. I've chosen to always get mine with the rubber loop and gripper configuration as opposed to J-hooks.

Best, Jon

Shazam
08-29-11, 17:38
The SP2022 has been a great little surprise from SIG. A polymer / compact SIG!

Im a P228 fan but the durability and accuracy of the SigPro has its merits! The newer ones are available at Great Prices - for the level of quality .. they are a win win.

I have to agree that mags and accessories arent as available as Sig P series or Glock. But maybe worth the wait ...

FailureDrill-P099
08-30-11, 16:54
Palmetto State Armory is selling them for 349.00 and 10.00 shipping. That pretty damn good. As long as your FFL charges under 50 bucks for transfer, I would say awsome new gun for 400 and under.

JR TACTICAL
08-30-11, 19:12
I have had mine for alittle over 2 months now, I really love this gun. It is by far the smoothest recoiling 9mm I have ever owned. I had a few FTE's and failure to return to battery issues with mine in the first 200-300 rounds, after that it has been problem free( I talked to Sig about the problems and was told that its pretty normal for theese things to happen until the pistol is broke in and they were right) I have around 600 rounds now and its great, comfortable to carry very accurate.

I would not hesitate to buy one of theese if I were you. I have been toying around with getting another one

SHARP1983
08-31-11, 06:51
I've got a friend that I'm constantly shooting with and that's all he carries. My friend is a veteran, actually runs his own firearms store, trains civilians and the local PD, and actually works PT with the Sheriff's Dept. He does a lot of high risk search warrants etc and the two weapons he carries is a Sig 556 rifle and a 2022. I have shot both and they are both very nice and reliable weapons. I had a hard time transitioning from a G17 to his 2022 but after a mag or two I was GTG.