PDA

View Full Version : Kaboomed SIG on Gunbroker

Slater
07-16-09, 07:52
A topic over on the SIG Forums. Certainly something you don't see every day:

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=134363195

mgobel
07-16-09, 08:11
Looks like another weapon destroyed by re loads.

Mark

Paulinski
07-16-09, 08:47
Double charge?

BAC
07-16-09, 10:19
He stated in the ad that they were factory loads.

-B

Sam
07-16-09, 10:41
So much for Sig's warranty.

kmrtnsn
07-16-09, 12:01
Why in hell would SIG warranty this? Kabooms are an ammunition issue, not a weapon issue. As for that being factory loads, I doubt it. That is some of the most chewed-up "factory brass" I have ever seen. Look at the extractor marks.

KellyTTE
07-16-09, 12:46
What kind of dumbass continues to shoot ammo that just kaboomed in another weapon?

Shouldn't he have preserved the ammo in case it was part of the problem? I call shenanigans.

E53001
07-16-09, 13:26
paperweight for 1200? for it to be a "paperweight" wouldnt he have to decommision the weapon as in weld parts together so it cant be functioned at all ? Like war museum?

zephyr
07-16-09, 13:52
He stated in the ad that they were factory loads.

-B

It sure looks like he lied about that. That case looks like brass, not nickle, and looks like it has been chewed up pretty good by prior extractions. I also call shenanigans.

SHIVAN
07-16-09, 14:25
That's pretty low rent on whoever posted it to gunbroker.

ToddG
07-16-09, 14:26
I've personally been present when a 9mm Glock kB!'d with factory name-brand ammo. It can happen. It can happen due to ammo defect, gun defect, or shooter defect (i.e., improper maintenance, etc.).

Given the unorthodox method of communicating the facts of the instant case, I would not venture a guess as to what really happened.

SkiDevil
07-16-09, 14:40
I've personally been present when a 9mm Glock kB!'d with factory name-brand ammo. It can happen. It can happen due to ammo defect, gun defect, or shooter defect (i.e., improper maintenance, etc.).

Given the unorthodox method of communicating the facts of the instant case, I would not venture a guess as to what really happened.

Hello Todd,
When you worked with Sig, did you see many of their guns Kaboomed?

What was there policy at the time (you worked there) regarding this situation? Is what this person saying true, does Sig simply refer you back to the ammo manufacturer/ source IF factory ammunition was being used when the gun Kaboomed (do they not want to inspect the gun)?

Thanks,
SkiDevil

CryingWolf
07-16-09, 14:46
paperweight for 1200? for it to be a "paperweight" wouldnt he have to decommision the weapon as in weld parts together so it cant be functioned at all ? Like war museum?

Yeah, this would still have to go through an FFL. It is still a firearm, well at least the receiver is.

ToddG
07-16-09, 21:44
When you worked with Sig, did you see many of their guns Kaboomed?

Off the top of my head, I do not recall any SIGs that discharged out of battery (which is what happens in the supposedly mythical Glock kB!s when ammo isn't at fault).

What was there policy at the time (you worked there) regarding this situation? Is what this person saying true, does Sig simply refer you back to the ammo manufacturer/ source IF factory ammunition was being used when the gun Kaboomed (do they not want to inspect the gun)?

I only dealt directly with federal and military customers. For those customers, a catastrophic failure of the gun while firing factory ammunition would have immediately been investigated by SIG at SIG's expense unless the agency determined that the ammo or some other factor had been at fault.

I really cannot speak to any official policy of SIG's in terms of commercial (private citizen) customers. But I'm extremely skeptical of any claim that SIG would refuse to examine the gun, or charge $200 to do so. That was certainly never the way things were run while I was there, and I've never heard of anyone else being told that before or since.

SkiDevil
07-18-09, 19:36
Off the top of my head, I do not recall any SIGs that discharged out of battery (which is what happens in the supposedly mythical Glock kB!s when ammo isn't at fault).

I only dealt directly with federal and military customers. For those customers, a catastrophic failure of the gun while firing factory ammunition would have immediately been investigated by SIG at SIG's expense unless the agency determined that the ammo or some other factor had been at fault.

I really cannot speak to any official policy of SIG's in terms of commercial (private citizen) customers. But I'm extremely skeptical of any claim that SIG would refuse to examine the gun, or charge $200 to do so. That was certainly never the way things were run while I was there, and I've never heard of anyone else being told that before or since.

Thank You for the information Todd.

-After considering some of your comments/ observations and other information that has been noted regarding the recent quality control of the new Sig pistols, my next pistol (.45) may just be an HK.

SkiDevil