PDA

View Full Version : Glock OD

Voodoochild
01-27-07, 21:48
Who knows the actual color of the Glock OD frames that are really tan instead of OD. I was thinking of taking some Krylon to my 19 or 23 to see if it would match up since I like the color.

tikkafan
01-27-07, 23:53
My OD G17 is one shade darker than Magpul OD, I would say just a hint more green. OD Blackhawk holster for comparison.

When I bought the gun I thought it was tan, because of the fluorescent lighting. Outdoors is looks more green. I think that is good, a neutral color that people can't put their finger on what color it is exactly is doing it's job well.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5799/dsc1431xa3.jpg

Voodoochild
01-28-07, 21:00
Has anyone Kryloned there Glocks to imitate the OD frame if so what color did you use?

Hawkeye
01-28-07, 21:39
Not yet. I've actually been wondering what would be a good color to have the slide done in to somewhat match the frame. A little difference in shade would be good to me though.

Voodoochild
01-29-07, 17:39
Does anyone know if you can send your frames back to Glock and have them OD the frames?

LOKNLOD
01-29-07, 21:20
Does anyone know if you can send your frames back to Glock and have them OD the frames?

I doubt it - it's the actual color of the plastic, not a finish. Maybe, if your frame was damaged and they were going to replace it, you could request an OD frame. Seems like a longshot.

There is someone on here with a Krylon'd Glock frame, fivepointoh I think?