PDA

View Full Version : Yay! Got my CCW permit...and it only took a week!

FF750
08-04-09, 19:07
Sorry, just was so pleasantly surprised about getting it so fast that I had to post. I only took my CCW class last Saturday and mailed everything in last Tuesday so Arizona DPS must really be catching up with their backlog since the instructors didn't expect we'd get our permits for another 60 days.

It got here so fast it didn't even give me a chance to get my carry gun sorted yet lol. I'm waiting on a new M&P40 for that. Gotta figure out a good IWB holster for it in the meantime while I'm waiting for my local FFL to get it in...

ballsout
08-04-09, 19:17
Wow. I live in Texas and have been waiting for almost 7 months now. Lucky me they give me a code so I can see how my forms are moving along. It has said Processing... for the past 5 months :(.

Check out the Comptac Mtac for IWB conceal. I have that for my M&P9.

FF750
08-04-09, 21:43
Wow. I live in Texas and have been waiting for almost 7 months now. Lucky me they give me a code so I can see how my forms are moving along. It has said Processing... for the past 5 months :(.

Check out the Comptac Mtac for IWB conceal. I have that for my M&P9.

Sorry to hear about it taking so long for you. Here in Arizona there isn't a system to check your status so I know I would probably have gone nuts if they were taking that long. Thanks for the input on the holster - I'll be sure to check out the Mtac.

citizensoldier16
08-04-09, 21:46
Congrats on your new membership in the CCW club. What will you carry? Mine took about 30 days from application to permit-in-hand. NC has a 90-day time limit which helps, plus the sherriff in my county is pretty CCW friendly. A G19 or a S&W .357 revolver usually grace my hip.

EDIT: M&P40...got it. Apparently my reading skills suck.

bradb55
08-04-09, 21:47
Florida was a 3 month wait before Obama took office.

Now its taking 5,6,7 months for return

MarshallDodge
08-04-09, 21:48
Congrats and welcome aboard. :cool:

FF750
08-04-09, 22:02
Congrats on your new membership in the CCW club. What will you carry? Mine took about 30 days from application to permit-in-hand. NC has a 90-day time limit which helps, plus the sherriff in my county is pretty CCW friendly. A G19 or a S&W .357 revolver usually grace my hip.

EDIT: M&P40...got it. Apparently my reading skills suck.

I was reading "The Arizona Gun Owners Guide" for additional learning and it said Arizona has a 60 day limit to complete the checks with a requirement to issue 15 days after completing that for a 75 day limit. Up until last month people were saying they'd had to wait 60 days or so for their permit so when the envelope marked "Arizona Dept. of Public Safety" showed up in my mailbox so soon I was expecting it to say there was a problem rather than having my permit inside.

The book also said that generally DPS has a high rate of customer satisfaction - I can see now why they'd say that. I'm very happy to have it and hope all you guys that are still waiting get yours soon as well.

RogerinTPA
08-04-09, 22:19
Good on you. Consider yourself both fortunate and lucky. Thank your lucky stars that you are not in FL.

kaltesherz
08-05-09, 17:13
I applied yesterday in TN and was told it would be about 3 months, but possibly sooner because I'm active duty. I can't friggin' wait for mine, I grew up in CA so I'm pretty excited, got a Kimber 1911, HK P7, and G19 that will fill the roles, but alas I only have holsters for my .45.

Congrats!

pleaforwar
08-05-09, 17:24
Sorry to hear about it taking so long for you. Here in Arizona there isn't a system to check your status so I know I would probably have gone nuts if they were taking that long. Thanks for the input on the holster - I'll be sure to check out the Mtac.

:D Seeing the title of the thread I knew you had to be from Arizona.

FF750
08-05-09, 20:37
:D Seeing the title of the thread I knew you had to be from Arizona.

Yeah, I'm so glad I moved to Arizona four years ago. My commitment to the place I'm working is up though so I'm free to move now and was thinking of moving next year but Arizona's gun friendliness (that and it is a gorgeous state) is making me want to delay it. I was kind of looking to Oregon but that was before I got into the firearm hobby...

geminidglocker
08-05-09, 20:55
Here in Vermont we don't even need permits.:confused:

Icculus
08-05-09, 22:26
Congrats on your new membership in the CCW club. What will you carry? Mine took about 30 days from application to permit-in-hand. NC has a 90-day time limit which helps, plus the sherriff in my county is pretty CCW friendly.

That's pretty good. Mine took 46 days. Guess you're not in Mecklenburg county??? I heard (so granted this may n.ot be fact) they they were running 120 days just to be able to make an appointment to fill out the paperwork. Luckily no appt. needed for me as my county is also pretty CCW friendly.

Congrats to the OP. A week is incredible. Zona sounds like a gun lovers paradise. Now if only it wasn't so bloody hot there. And don't sell me that "dry heat" business; its like standing in an oven.