PDA

View Full Version : Night Sights - Meps or Trijicon?

ra2bach
08-05-09, 17:10
I've got an older SIG P229 with dim night sights. I understand the "Siglite" night sights are Meps. how are these compared to Trijicons?

RAM Engineer
08-05-09, 21:18
I've had both on my Glock 19s. I prefer Trijicon. The Meps I had were much dimmer and the front "lens" protruded from the front sight slightly. Nothing about them screamed "quality".

citizensoldier16
08-05-09, 21:40
Trijicon :cool:

macman37
08-05-09, 22:17
I have both, Trijicons on my Ed Brown, but I slightly prefer the Meprolights on my SIG 226 - they have a bigger white ring around the capsule on the front sight that helps me pick them up just a bit quicker than the Trijis.

The brightness on both seems the same.

Outrider
08-05-09, 23:24
I have Trijicon sights (multiple sets) and my experience with them has been good. I've got a set on a pistol that are ten years old and they're still doing their job. I've got two more years to go before I run out of warranty.

DJK
08-06-09, 05:09
I have had several sets of Trijicons, but I am running Ameriglos on my M&P. I like them a lot. They seem brighter and the front has a large white ring around it.
http://www.ameriglo.net/weapon_site/store_pages/sigarms_sights.html

Robb Jensen
08-06-09, 06:06
Warren Tactical.

Rider79
08-06-09, 06:26
Warren Tactical.

They make them for Sigs? I haven't seen any.

Robb Jensen
08-06-09, 06:28
They make them for Sigs? I haven't seen any.

He does but they aren't available all the time.

C45P312
08-06-09, 07:32
Warren Tactical.
Could you please link me to thier night sights, I can't seem to find it on his website.

Thanks

ChristisKing
08-06-09, 08:57
Heine Sights nothing else. I don't know if they make them for your gun but that's what I would use.

ra2bach
08-06-09, 12:59
Warren Tactical.

:mad:

:D

ra2bach
08-06-09, 13:17
I have had several sets of Trijicons, but I am running Ameriglos on my M&P. I like them a lot. They seem brighter and the front has a large white ring around it.
http://www.ameriglo.net/weapon_site/store_pages/sigarms_sights.html

that's what I've got now. I like them a lot too but they're starting to get dim after 10 years.

the reason I ask about the Meprolights is SIG is offering a SIG Service Plan which includes:

* Full disassembly of pistols down to frame and slide
* Complete detailed cleaning
* Expert factory inspection of all critical components
* Replacement of springs (recoil, slide catch lever, trigger bar, decocking lever)
* Reassembly and lubrication to factory specifications
* Installation of SIGLITEŽ Factory Night Sights

they're offering this for $129, + shipping both ways, which seems a good deal. I'm just wondering is the Meps are worth it or should I just get something else...

Vendetta
08-06-09, 13:27
That is a pretty good deal. Most sets of sights are going to run at least $80-90+. I paid like $130 alone for my Heinie sights.

Robb Jensen
08-06-09, 13:34
Could you please link me to thier night sights, I can't seem to find it on his website.

Thanks

They came factory on the SIG 220ST Ernest Langdon model. And Team I-SHOT used them too. Email Scott off of his website and he'll give you an update as to when they'll be available.

BT2012
08-06-09, 17:41
IMO Trijicon is more crisper than Meprolight. I had a Trijicon on my G19 for about 11 years before I decided to swap it out even though it was still glowing and guaranteed for 12 years.

Robb Jensen
08-06-09, 19:48
Mepros appear out focus which is why I dislike them. Trijicons are crisp and in focus but to 3 dots are too busy. This is why i like 2 dot Warrens.

RAM Engineer
08-06-09, 20:01
Well, if we're just naming our favorite sight, I would say 10-8 rear with a Gold Bead front. Since that option is not available at this time for a Sig, I would suggest sights in this descending order of preference:

1. Gold Bead Front, Warren rear
2. Warren tritium front and rear
3. Heinie straight eight tritium front and rear
4. Trijicon green front with orange rear
5. Trijicon green front with green rear.

ra2bach
08-06-09, 20:09
That is a pretty good deal. Most sets of sights are going to run at least $80-90+. I paid like $130 alone for my Heinie sights.

that's kinda my angle - the gun is a P229 in 357SIG with a little more than 8,000 rds through it. I wouldn't mind having a SIG 'smith strip it, clean it, and go through it and replace what needs replacing. and then on top all that, getting a new set of Siglite Night Sights for $129 installed, seems almost to good to pass up.

unless the Meps aren't worth a shit, that is.... :(

Abraxas
08-06-09, 20:14
I've got an older SIG P229 with dim night sights. I understand the "Siglite" night sights are Meps. how are these compared to Trijicons?

Meps if I recall right are European, and Trijicon is American. When I have a choice of two decent products and one is American I choose the American. That is not to say that if the other is better that I would not get it, but on an even level I side with the home team

ra2bach
08-06-09, 20:28
Mepros appear out focus which is why I dislike them. Trijicons are crisp and in focus but to 3 dots are too busy. This is why i like 2 dot Warrens.

LOL! if you had my eyes you'd never say ANYthing was crisp and in focus... ;)

anyway, I'd love to try the Warrens. I'm not a fan of the 3-dots either. if Todd ever gets his pistoltraining.com gun released, I'll be on board. If I like them, I'll probably end up with them on my P226.

In the meantime, it seems like I can get a full factory service on the P229 with the SIGLites thrown in free (or vice versa), so that's probably where I'm headed with this.

thanks for the replies...

ra2bach
08-06-09, 20:31
Meps if I recall right are European, and Trijicon is American. When I have a choice of two decent products and one is American I choose the American. That is not to say that if the other is better that I would not get it, but on an even level I side with the home team

well...the SIG is a European gun...

j/k, I know what you mean ;)

Vendetta
08-06-09, 21:16
that's kinda my angle - the gun is a P229 in 357SIG with a little more than 8,000 rds through it. I wouldn't mind having a SIG 'smith strip it, clean it, and go through it and replace what needs replacing. and then on top all that, getting a new set of Siglite Night Sights for $129 installed, seems almost to good to pass up.

unless the Meps aren't worth a shit, that is.... :(

I wouldn't say they're complete trash, I've never had a pistol with Meps on them, I've only had Trijicons and Heinie's. Personally I prefer the 2 dot setups, but for the money I'd say go with the Meps and Sig service.

Robb Jensen
08-06-09, 21:23
LOL! if you had my eyes you'd never say ANYthing was crisp and in focus... ;)

anyway, I'd love to try the Warrens. I'm not a fan of the 3-dots either. if Todd ever gets his pistoltraining.com gun released, I'll be on board. If I like them, I'll probably end up with them on my P226.

In the meantime, it seems like I can get a full factory service on the P229 with the SIGLites thrown in free (or vice versa), so that's probably where I'm headed with this.

thanks for the replies...

I don't know when I'm tired I need reading glasses (1.5x). Eye excercises do help, I'm getting old. ;)