PDA

View Full Version : Heinie Specialty Products

Pappabear
08-10-09, 09:07
I really debated putting this thread on but "right is right". I recently had issue with Pricing on HK45 getting Heinie Specialty Products to instal some straight eights.

In the end, without adding anymore drama, they did the right thing.

+1 for Heinie Specialty Products

Business_Casual
08-10-09, 09:59
Shouldn't this be in the vendor or sales forum(s)?

M_P

skyugo
08-10-09, 18:18
how do you like your sights?

i was gonna go with those, but i think i'm just gonna put trijicons on all my pistols. the 3 dot thing has grown on me.

Vendetta
08-10-09, 19:18
how do you like your sights?

i was gonna go with those, but i think i'm just gonna put trijicons on all my pistols. the 3 dot thing has grown on me.

They are great sights. The 2 dot are much easier for me. I've been running the Straight 8 Slant Pros on my G19 for a while now.

Pappabear
08-12-09, 13:07
I grew up on three dots, so the 8's take a little getting used to. I do think they look cool and enjoy trying something new. I seem to struggle a little on, how big to make the "8", and have to look across the top. Good tactical sight IMHO. I have a friend that is LEO, and their force went to 8's and he said their shooting scores dropped initially, do not know the end result. I still think good tactical- working sight.

xray 99
08-13-09, 08:16
I had a set of Straight 8s installed on my Glock 21. They were dead on with 230 grain FMJ ammo.

Initially, I missed the brighter, white rings on Trijicon 3 dot sights. Now, I think I prefer the Staight 8 pattern.

snakedoctor
08-13-09, 09:11
i never buy a pistol without nite sites and if i do i have them put on. im not big on the straight eight sights though. all my guns have 3 dots and its just the way im used to sighting in on a target. i do want heinies on my HK45 but i'll wait until he has a three dot version.

Pappabear
08-13-09, 17:41
Like many things, the more you use them, the more they get good. I shot my Straight eights again, and they really started to grow on me. I do need to spend some more time dry firing to get the proper sized 8 in my mind. But I was really liking my HK45.