PDA

View Full Version : CCC Looper strong side

kanak
08-15-09, 05:42
I know many are using the CCC Looper AIWB and like it, but has anyone tried the Looper with the cant strong side? I'm going to give CCC a go, but am trying to decide wether to go with the looper or the adjustable cant for an HK p30.

PlatoCATM
08-15-09, 07:10
I know many are using the CCC Looper AIWB and like it, but has anyone tried the Looper with the cant strong side? I'm going to give CCC a go, but am trying to decide wether to go with the looper or the adjustable cant for an HK p30.

I have one on order. I don't know when it'll make it to me, but once I get it I can update the forum on this model.

M4arc
08-15-09, 07:20
I prefer the CCC with the cant and have one for my G19 and G26. I also have an Appendix CCC but prefer to carry strong side.

kaltblitz
08-15-09, 13:52
I have a CCC Looper strong side cant for both my S&W M&P and my Glock 17. Good little holster with slightly more cant then 15 degrees. Puts the gun low in your waistband and hides it well under a sweat shirt.

kanak
08-15-09, 23:40
Thank you for the replies gentlemen. I'll give it a go come September.

I have a CCC Looper strong side cant for both my S&W M&P and my Glock 17. Good little holster with slightly more cant then 15 degrees. Puts the gun low in your waistband and hides it well under a sweat shirt.
How well does it conceal under a t-shirt?

kaltblitz
08-16-09, 03:40
I'd say it depends on the t-shirt fit and color and on the size of the gun and sights that you have. Same thing that applies to pretty much every IWB holster.

If you are wearing a loose fitting black t-shirt and carrying a smaller gun like a G19 with Trijicons or similar you should be fine. I've conealed my G17 with Warren sights a couple times, but it is not something I would want to try on a regular basis.

My only complain about the Looper and similar holsters is that there isn't enough material on the back and front to pull the butt of the gun into the body. I prefer the Milt Sparks EX over just about any other IWB holster for this reason. That being said, the Looper does its job just fine.

ToddG
08-17-09, 09:11
The Looper was originally designed as a strong side IWB, and I carried one that way for almost a year before switching to AIWB. I was always extremely happy with the holster, but admittedly I'm a bit biased. :cool:

Between the two CCC holsters you're looking at, the choice comes down to two issues:
Do you need the ability to remove the holster without undoing your belt? If so, the clips on the Adjustable will work and the Looper won't. Just be aware that the clips are less durable and less effective during weapons retention situations.
Do you need the ability to change cant sometimes? If so, the Adjustable is the answer.