PDA

View Full Version : Jericho 941?

FF750
08-15-09, 20:16
Can anyone give me any additional insight into the Jericho 941 (aka the-pistol-formerly-known-as-the-Baby Eagle)? I'd really like to hear from people who've had experience with them.

http://www.jericho.us.com/jericho_fullsize.html

I'm toying with the idea of getting one for my collection. I'd like to add a CZ clone to my arsenal and there's something about the lines of the Jericho 941 full-size that tweaks my buttons. I've been looking up the reviews and they sound like sweet shooting guns.

This won't be a carry weapon - it's an M&P40 for that in case anyone asks. My weakness for any gun that I think looks cool is the only reason I'm getting this and not for any real role to fill in my arsenal.

I've also looked at the various CZs and the EAA/Tanfoglios and this is the CZ clone that I like the look of best.

loupav
08-15-09, 23:52
I've only played with them, not actually shot them. But I hear they are built like tanks. I knew a guy who would CCW the 45 version.

I kinda want one too. Next time I see one on sale, I just might.

Mr.Goodtimes
08-16-09, 00:01
i almost bought one of these in 9mm. I will certainly add one to my collection in the future. These are supposed to be excellent pistols, dead nuts reliable and recoil is supposed to be mild as they are an all steel pistol. They are sort of heavy, though. It wouldn't be my first choice for a CC gun but, I think that it would make an excellent truck pistol, beside the bed gun, or duty pistol.

I've read the triggers can be a little gritty at first but break in very nicely. In my opinion you cant go wrong with one of these. Besides the fact that its very accurate, built like a tank and dead nuts reliable, it looks bad ass.

I'm not sure if these fit in CZ 75 holsters or not but, i would venture to say they do.

EDIT: the midsize actually looks like a really nice carry piece.. color me interested.

FF750
08-16-09, 20:38
I kinda want one too. Next time I see one on sale, I just might.

If you're interested, Davidson's Gallery of Guns has the full-size 9mm on sale until the 18th. I've made up my mind and will pull the trigger and order one tonight when I get home from work :D

http://www.galleryofguns.com/

i almost bought one of these in 9mm. I will certainly add one to my collection in the future. These are supposed to be excellent pistols, dead nuts reliable and recoil is supposed to be mild as they are an all steel pistol. They are sort of heavy, though. It wouldn't be my first choice for a CC gun but, I think that it would make an excellent truck pistol, beside the bed gun, or duty pistol.

I've read the triggers can be a little gritty at first but break in very nicely. In my opinion you cant go wrong with one of these. Besides the fact that its very accurate, built like a tank and dead nuts reliable, it looks bad ass.

I'm not sure if these fit in CZ 75 holsters or not but, i would venture to say they do.

EDIT: the midsize actually looks like a really nice carry piece.. color me interested.

Glad to hear the positive comments. Like I said, I'm gonna get me one - mostly because as you said "it looks bad ass". :D

MiggyE
08-17-09, 22:59
my father has a jericho in 9mm. the trigger was hard at first, but became softer and smoother after the first 50 rounds. now fires great! very accurate and needing little maintenance.

it was because of this gun of my dad's that encouraged me to get a tanfoglio/EAA a few years ago. wanted a jericho, but had trouble finding one, and when i did find one, the price was over my budget then. anyway, the gun i have now is just as good, so i have no regrets.

sadmin
08-17-09, 23:28
I own one. I have mixed emotions; allow me to explain.

Bad News: Initially I was a fan; it points naturally, and I enjoyed the weight. After about 500 rounds, it started to have cycling issues with multiple ammo manufacturers. When that wasnt happening, the hammer produced 40% light strikes, then 40% almost zero strikes. It was almost like the fire control mech. gradually broke down. Actually not almost, literally, eventually the ambi decocker pin just fell out at the range.

Good News: Magnum Research had very good customer support. They repaired and returned for free with no questions asked even though its a few years old.

Take that for what its worth, my advice...get a CZ75

PrivateCitizen
08-22-09, 21:46
Are these the same manufacturing as the 'Baby Eagles' and just rebranded or are they a different manufacturing run?

sadmin
08-22-09, 23:10
Are these the same manufacturing as the 'Baby Eagles' and just rebranded or are they a different manufacturing run?

same; magnum research brings them in and rebrands them baby eagle. IMI created them under the Jericho 941 branding in the 90's.

Dexter
08-23-09, 11:02
same; magnum research brings them in and rebrands them baby eagle. IMI created them under the Jericho 941 branding in the 90's.

Not anymore, Charles Daly is importing them. They are now going by the Jericho 941 name again.

PrivateCitizen
08-23-09, 11:37
Not anymore, Charles Daly is importing them. They are now going by the Jericho 941 name again.

OK, I had an older IMI that I traded off and kind of regret. These now have rails up front so was wondering what else may have changed. Do not prefer the slide safety though … my only real gripe with the old one.

zgrins1
08-23-09, 14:50
I have an IMI Baby Eagle 9mm that I bought brand new in 1992. The gun has close to 20000 rounds of mixed ammo(mostly Win white box 115gr and Blaser Gold 115, but abot 5% of all ammo was various brand of +P and +P+ defensive round of various weights). In my first 200 round I had 2 FTF with Win white box. I've replaced a mag through Magnum Research and that was it. Not a single malfunction ever since. The trigger was a bit hard and heavy at first but then became very nice and smooth over a period of 100 to 200 rnds. Overall I'm extremely happy with the gun. Yesterday I've shot my Baby Eagle side-by-side with a S&W M&P9 that a friend of mine bought a month ago. Both me and him shot my gun noticeably better then M&P. My guess was that we have smaller hands. Since we are smaller guys: I'm 5'6" 130lbs and he is 5'7" 120lbs and his M&P had a laser grip installed(read large grip insert) so that could have contributed to difficulties of proper grip on the gun. The trigger was also much more harder and stiffer on M&P and also a recoil on M&P was alot more pronounced(probably due to a weight difference).
Now about things that I don't like about my gun. First and foremost is a slide mounted safety. It is hard to reach with my hands and even though I have adopted a technique that works is far from being optimal. Also I would have liked a cocked and locked option since my double action trigger pull seems like million pounds and I have a hard time firing a first double action shot accurately. The gun is also quite heavy and fairly large for CCW (at least for my frame). Another thing is a lack of a rail on the gun for mounting a light for HD(even though a new version from CD does have one).
Overall I'm quite happy with mine and thinking about adding another one along with a Glock 19(the only other 9mm I can shoot fairly well)

Jack-O
08-23-09, 15:03
I'm a 9mm guy, but I own one in 45. I gotta say that if you want to carry a 45 THIS is the package to do it. It's very compact and feels very nice to shoot. It works well with average to small hands. It points great for me and my girl even likes to shoot it.

I cant speak to reliablity too much as I've only put about 150 rounds thru it to test it out a bit.

Spiffums
08-23-09, 15:05
If you want one just for collecting, get the one with the 41 AE barrel and magazines.

MiggyE
08-23-09, 22:12
in any caliber, this is a very good gun

TiroFijo
08-26-09, 09:02
The Jerico 941 is a tanfoglio/IMI coproduction...

I've seen many around here (Paraguay) commercial and also the army got them for some time, steel frame, in 9 mm and with frame mounted safeties (like a CZ 75). They have been very durable, accurate and reliable, with good triggers.

They are front heavy, that helps for IPSC production shooting, not so good for carry.

These were older guns (made 10-20 years ago), I don't know how the QC is nowadays. The tanfoglio guns (sold under other names overseas) have a spotty QC record.

I don't like the ones with slide mounted safety, or the new israeli/italian ones with plastic frames.

MiggyE
08-27-09, 00:37
FF750, i'd suggest you get a tanfoglio. EEA and RRA both have, or bring in, tanfoglios. mine's a polymer frame and is just as good as my dad's jericho. and at least my safety is frame mounted, easy reach.:)

MiggyE
09-03-09, 02:36
FF750, since i was able to visit my parents over the weekend (it was a 3 day weekend here), took a good look at my dad's gun. your complaints on a slide mounted safety didn't jive with what i remembered from my dad's gun. so i took a look at it, and my memory didn't let me down. his jericho 941 had a FRAME-mounted safety!!!:eek: might there be several versions of the jericho?

TiroFijo
09-03-09, 07:13
There are two main versions, with frame and slide mounted safeties.

I prefer the frame mounted one.

MiggyE
09-03-09, 09:25
thanks for the clarification, TiroFijo

Charles Daly
09-04-09, 20:53
Look for a new model this fall with a frame mounted safety/decocker. It should be out by end November.

Just for clarification, the RRA is made by Sarsilmaz in Turkey, not Tanfoglio.

MiggyE
09-05-09, 00:17
Look for a new model this fall with a frame mounted safety/decocker. It should be out by end November.

Just for clarification, the RRA is made by Sarsilmaz in Turkey, not Tanfoglio.

thanks for the clarification!:) more power to you guys!

Brian Brazier
09-23-09, 20:12
I love my Jericho 941 FS, I have the Houge wrapparound grips on it now, they make it feel even better in my hand. Also I contacted Meprolight, be on the lookout for a set of night sights that fit the newer Baby Eagle II with the Novak style sights like mine has

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/bbrazierkendo/IMG_0601.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/bbrazierkendo/IMG_0602.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/bbrazierkendo/IMG_0605.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/bbrazierkendo/img_0599.jpg

ARsforlife
09-25-09, 17:12
good trigger, accurate, reliable, mild recoil. heavy and large only downside.

Charles Daly
09-26-09, 00:39
thanks for the clarification!:) more power to you guys!

MY BAD! It's not RRA guns that are made in Turkey by Sarsilmaz, that distinction belongs to Armalite's CZ type pistol. Sorry for the earlier error.

If you meant RIA, there's is made in the Philippines by Amrscor in conjunction with Tanfoglio. I don't think RRA has, or ever had a CZ type gun.

Rick941
02-24-10, 15:43
I have 2, 941 Jericho pistols ,and for any one that likes the accuracy of this gun ,It is the real deal , I shoot 15 and 25 yards with it , and its accuracy is extreme , once you get it broke in from shooting practice ,have the gun sonically cleaned , than talk about smooth trigger pull. I will post a target from 25 yards ,and the rapid 15 round fire put all 15 in the target area , control of this gun is very forgiving , trijicon night sights will only make your aim better and target sighting much quicker .