PDA

View Full Version : Delta Elite questions

miserai
09-01-09, 18:33
i just picked up a colt delta elite (one of the old ones not the new ones), and i wanted to change a few things on it. i need an ambi safety (im a lefty) and does anyone make an ambi safety that is like isnt extended? what im looking for is an ambi safety that is profiled like the stock safety. also i want to put new sights on it without machining the slide, do the delta elites use the regular government model sights?

87GN
09-01-09, 18:36
I have no idea, but I just acquired one too...

miserai
09-01-09, 22:33
also, do any of the .22 conversion kits work with the delta elites?

87GN
09-01-09, 22:35
also, do any of the .22 conversion kits work with the delta elites?

Can't see why not, I use my Kimber 22 conversion with both my 9mm and 45 1911s.

miserai
09-02-09, 20:24
cool thanks, ill have to look into getting a .22 kit for it.

and anyone have any ideas on what aftermarket mags are actually good? ive heard mixed things about all of them.

87GN
09-02-09, 21:08
The mags that worked best with my Kimber 10mm were Tripp Cobramags.

I have some Mec-Gars that haven't given me any problems but didn't see much use either.

I had problems with Kimber mags and Metalforms.

Mr. Smith
09-03-09, 08:23
i just picked up a colt delta elite (one of the old ones not the new ones), and i wanted to change a few things on it. i need an ambi safety (im a lefty) and does anyone make an ambi safety that is like isnt extended? what im looking for is an ambi safety that is profiled like the stock safety. also i want to put new sights on it without machining the slide, do the delta elites use the regular government model sights?

The same sights are on both the guns but there are lots of different models of deltas so you need to know which one you have to start with.
Joe Barnsfather
SUPERIOR FIREARMS LLC.
5510 Fern Valley RD. STE 102
Louisville KY. 40228

87GN
09-04-09, 14:32
Mr. Smith, a few questions for you...

Seems as though the 10mm slide stop is the same as 9mm/38 Super? No? Current slide stop has some sharp edges, sliced me when I racked the slide.

My "new" pistol has a shok buff that looks like it's seen better days...remove? replace? ignore?

Frame has been machined for Clark ramped barrel...pointless to keep original barrel now?

Since the frame has been machined (and not refinished) would I be killing collector value by refinishing in electroless nickel? Currently is blued and bluing is in good shape (other than where the frame was machined).

Mr. Smith
09-05-09, 09:03
Mr. Smith, a few questions for you...

Seems as though the 10mm slide stop is the same as 9mm/38 Super? No? Current slide stop has some sharp edges, sliced me when I racked the slide.

My "new" pistol has a shok buff that looks like it's seen better days...remove? replace? ignore?

Frame has been machined for Clark ramped barrel...pointless to keep original barrel now?

Since the frame has been machined (and not refinished) would I be killing collector value by refinishing in electroless nickel? Currently is blued and bluing is in good shape (other than where the frame was machined).

1 Slide stop is not the same but is similar it depends on the maker of that part.
2 Remove the shock buff it will cause malfunctions.
3 Keep the barrel you will be glad in the long run.
4 The refinish is up to you I do not like nickel so it would not be the finish of chose for me.

Joe Barnsfather
SUPERIOR FIREARMS LLC.
5510 Fern Valley RD. STE 102
Louisville KY.40228
502-365-2244

87GN
09-05-09, 09:11
Thanks. Where can I get a 10mm/40 slide stop? Couldn't find one on Brownells site.

Alaskapopo
09-05-09, 09:13
Thanks. Where can I get a 10mm/40 slide stop? Couldn't find one on Brownells site.

I would try Specialized Armament and talk to Ken Elmore.

Mr. Smith
09-05-09, 09:27

EGW has a nice one.

Joe Barnsfather
SUPERIOR FIREARMS LLC.
5510 Fern Valley RD. STE102
Louisville KY. 40228
502-365-2244

miserai
09-20-09, 23:53
no ideas about an ambi safety that matches the profile of the standard safety?