PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17L

KellyTTE
09-11-09, 12:47
(I searched but the term 17L is too short)

Ok, I have a chance to get a Glock 17L for a decent price (no great, just decent). Its a Romanian Marked 'Anti-Terrorist' import from CAI with original Austrian Glock markings. Rode hard, put up wet. The finish is pretty worn but the weapon seems to be in good working order and rifling and other internals are dirty but intact. Shop is asking 500.00 for it with 1 magazine and original case. Orion Blue book says 518 - 633 based on condition, which this one would be at the low end of the spectrum.

I could care less about about the markings or finish. I'm already a Glock shooter, so my question is if the price is reasonable, and what first hand experience other shooters have had with the 17L platform (accuracy, balance, etc).

Advice appreciated, thanks guys!

sadmin
09-11-09, 13:19
I have had one since November. It is one of the most accurate pistols I have shot out of the box. The sight radius is great and the additional length makes recoil feel less. The 3.5lb trigger is a noticeably more comfortable than the standard and shot recovery is very fast. I have put about 500 rounds of varying makes through it and have never had one issue, even wolf and silver bear. at that price I would absolutely pick it up.

kdcgrohl
09-11-09, 13:28
Why not just buy a NEW one with two mags? They're not much more than that ;)

BTW: If a term it too short for the site search, go to google, type in example:
glock 17L site:m4carbine.net
and you'll get results.

John_Wayne777
09-11-09, 13:42
A beat up 17L for $500 doesn't sound like a deal to me...but I'm not a Glock collector, so I dunno.

I'd rather spend the $500 on a G34 or a G17.

KellyTTE
09-11-09, 13:46
A beat up 17L for $500 doesn't sound like a deal to me...but I'm not a Glock collector, so I dunno.

I'd rather spend the $500 on a G34 or a G17.

G17s I have aplenty. I've been going back and forth over the G34 thought a lot. I have plenty of mags, so that's not a consideration. But still good points.

John_Wayne777
09-11-09, 14:15
Then I'd say if the options are spending $500 on a really beat up 17L from a country where running water is a marvel or a new G34 on the shelf...well...I'd have to go with the G34. :D

KellyTTE
09-11-09, 14:26
Then I'd say if the options are spending $500 on a really beat up 17L from a country where running water is a marvel or a new G34 on the shelf...well...I'd have to go with the G34. :D

LOL! You owe me a sweet tea.

Heavy Metal
09-11-09, 14:45
Whether it is a consideration or not, IIRC, the G-34 is IDPA legal and the Long Slide is not.

ST911
09-12-09, 18:58
The G17L is a great shooter, extra sight radius can be helpful, but is muzzle heavy. I like the better balance of my G34 very much. Unless the markings of the previous owner are worth something to you, I'd find a new G34.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j18/Skintop911/MISC/IMG_4331.jpg

KellyTTE
09-12-09, 20:15
The G17L is a great shooter, extra sight radius can be helpful, but is muzzle heavy. I like the better balance of my G34 very much. Unless the markings of the previous owner are worth something to you, I'd find a new G34.

*nods* I might make one last attempt to get them down to a more reasonable price, but after that, I'm going looking for a G34. :)

And no, I don't do IDPA or IPSC, just two local 'defensive pistol matches' at the Boulder R&P club. All they care about is mag capacity and auto or revolver.

DocHolliday01
09-12-09, 20:35
My vote is for a new 34 as well.

Rider79
09-13-09, 22:34
I followed the same model on Gunbroker, with those markings, I think it sold for around $540. I would have picked it up for less than $500, but not for what it went for, considering the condition of the gun and especially since the guy colored in the lettering on the slide halfway through the auction. I just like the idea of the long slide without the fingergrooves, my 2nd gen 17s are my favorite Glocks to shoot. I picked up a 34 off a guy on here for $520 shipped, and another 34 in a trade, just got them recently, haven't had a chance to shoot them yet. If it was a 17L in LNIB condition, I'd pay up to $600 for it, but that's just because I've personally put a premium on finding one without the fingergrooves.