PDA

View Full Version : Glock 21SF's slide is slippery, Any solutions? Glock hating comments, not welcomed

SW-Shooter
09-12-09, 14:01
I just picked up my 2nd G21SF last month and the slide is almost eflon like slippery. I love the gun but hate the finish. is this normal for new glocks?

I've wiped it down, time and time again. It is just too damn slippery and I don't feel confident that I could manipulate the slide in adverse weather. Short of having it refinished or taking sand paper to it, what can I do to make it easier to handle? As always, thanks for your help.

Please keep the Glock hating comments out of this thread.

MisterWilson
09-12-09, 14:07
I'd probably try grip tape.

M4arc
09-12-09, 14:32
Can you post a picture of it?

SW-Shooter
09-12-09, 14:51
Can you post a picture of it?

Not possible at this time.:(

John_Wayne777
09-12-09, 17:09
I know Glock recently changed the finish they use on their slides...is it a solid black finish or a more of a gray looking finish?

A cheap and easy solution to slippery parts of firearms is skateboard tape. With judicious application of skateboard tape (like thin strips inside the recesses of the slide serrations or on the high parts of the slide serrations) you won't have any more problem with grip.

SW-Shooter
09-12-09, 17:40
I know Glock recently changed the finish they use on their slides...is it a solid black finish or a more of a gray looking finish?

A cheap and easy solution to slippery parts of firearms is skateboard tape. With judicious application of skateboard tape (like thin strips inside the recesses of the slide serrations or on the high parts of the slide serrations) you won't have any more problem with grip.

Its a solid black, I've read up on it quite a bit and they changed the finish a few years ago. I need to find a company that will Parkerize it. I think that will be my only remedy.

ST911
09-12-09, 18:31
It roughs up in time with handling. If you don't want to wait, take the slide off and give it a light sanding with fine grit.

Ray T
09-12-09, 22:11
Grip tape cut for the slide serrations.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb68/BrokenArrow13/Aaa-pics004.jpg

jtb0311
09-13-09, 12:58
I agree with those who've suggested using skate board tape.

awm14hp
09-14-09, 13:32
I started by using skateboard tape it works well but I changed to 3m tread tape they sell at home depot it stays on alot better and works great I just put it on the inside of the gun and that way clothes dont catch on it and it stays on much better than the board tape.

eXistenZ
10-05-09, 01:39
For the grip I ordered some Talon Grips and they are AWESOME! I highly recommend them: http://talongungrips.com/

JiMfraRED1911
10-05-09, 12:44
Cut strips from 3M...not pretty, but it bites hard.

awm14hp
10-05-09, 19:15
I get a big role from Home Depot for 12 bucks I think and use it for what ever put a piece on my slid to grab some on grip itself and it sticks better and lasts longer than board tape.

Cruncher Block
10-05-09, 19:34
I started by using skateboard tape it works well but I changed to 3m tread tape they sell at home depot it stays on alot better and works great I just put it on the inside of the gun and that way clothes dont catch on it and it stays on much better than the board tape.

Ditto this. I used the same stuff on an old-style SureFire shotgun forearm and it's worked great.