PDA

View Full Version : Raven Concealment belt loop question

M4arc
09-14-09, 15:38
For those guys (and gals) that are running a Raven Phantom with IWB loops did you remove the OWB loops or did you leave them on?

Buck
09-14-09, 15:41
I change them as needed... I only have the set on that I am useing...

B

spamsammich
09-14-09, 15:42
I change mine as needed.

Tennvol12345
09-14-09, 20:33
I changed them out to the wings. Holds the gun closer and much more comfortable.

C45P312
09-14-09, 20:53
I changed them out myself.

Does anybody have a set of Raven OWB loops that they want to sell me? I can't seem to find mine lol

M4arc
09-14-09, 20:55
Thanks guys. Did you have to remove the OWB loops to install the IWB ones? Or is there a way to install the IWB loops while still having the OWB loops installed?

m4fun
09-14-09, 21:15
Thanks guys. Did you have to remove the OWB loops to install the IWB ones? Or is there a way to install the IWB loops while still having the OWB loops installed?

I dont think the screws are long enough to support both. That said these are just phillip screws - you can easily get longer ones, but honestly, I would worry about either the OWB loops digging into your side if you were wearing it IWB or...the IWB loops hooking onto to something while wearing it OWB.

civilian
09-14-09, 21:16
I removed the owb loops on mine, but only because they failed on two different holsters. I'm not sure keeping the owb's on there along with the iwb would be all that comfortable, although since the owb loops will be pressing into your pants that shouldn't be an issue.

M4arc
09-14-09, 21:28
I dont think the screws are long enough to support both. That said these are just phillip screws - you can easily get longer ones, but honestly, I would worry about either the OWB loops digging into your side if you were wearing it IWB or...the IWB loops hooking onto to something while wearing it OWB.

Thanks man! I went ahead and removed them and installed the OWB loops. I'm running a 1.5" Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt so should I trim the excess off the loops?

skyugo
09-14-09, 22:35
Thanks man! I went ahead and removed them and installed the OWB loops. I'm running a 1.5" Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt so should I trim the excess off the loops?

i havent' trimmed mine... they don't really seem to get in the way.

dookie1481
09-14-09, 22:59
i havent' trimmed mine... they don't really seem to get in the way.

Mine did, the back one kept me from getting a good grip so I cut them off.

Jay

M4arc
09-14-09, 23:36
Mine did, the back one kept me from getting a good grip so I cut them off.

Jay

I'll test drive it tomorrow and see if they need trimmed or not. Thanks guys!

Terry
09-16-09, 09:42
I took mine off to wear it IWB.
The screws sent with it originally were to short, they sent me the right ones ASAP.
I originally thought it might be to loose, and was considerring using lock tite, but after about 6 mo's, it has been gtg with a G17.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-16-09, 13:48
Travelling today so I don't have mine infront of me, but could you keep the belt loops on the holster and then put the tuckable loops attached to the bottom holes?? It seems like there might be enough room from what I remember. I have to use tuckable since that is how my wardrobe is set up for work.

M4arc
10-03-09, 07:59
I have another quick question for you guys; do the Ravens carry the gun a little high? The reason I ask is with the IWB loops I feel the gun is high up in relation to my belt line (if that makes sense) and feels a little top heavy.

mark5pt56
10-03-09, 08:20
I have another quick question for you guys; do the Ravens carry the gun a little high? The reason I ask is with the IWB loops I feel the gun is high up in relation to my belt line (if that makes sense) and feels a little top heavy.

pics man pics!

Sam
10-03-09, 08:41
The belt "clips" attachments allows the holster to sit slightly lower on the belt, maybe 1/4" or slightly more.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/RichardTouch/RCS-Ti.jpg

As you can see below, the rubber loops puts the gun a hair higher.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/RichardTouch/11-17-07001.jpg

And yes, you need to remove the OWB loops, as you found out, the screws are not long enough, they're barely long enough for one set of loops.

Hope that helps.

Tennvol12345
10-03-09, 12:22
I envy all you guys who can carry RCS holsters IWB. For whatever reason I just can not get comfortable and the butt of the gun sticks out too much. I wish RCS would offer a system similar to Comp-Tac's adjustable clips that a RCS "approved" that would allow someone to adjust cant.

YammyMonkey
10-05-09, 21:38
If you get a pair of the front attachment pieces for an ACR you can use those to adjust the cant a little. The hole spacing is close enough on all the RCS holsters from what I've seen to make the combo work.

C45P312:
Shoot me a PM or email, I have a bunch of the OWB loops- you're welcome to some of them.

t1tan
10-06-09, 00:36
I envy all you guys who can carry RCS holsters IWB. For whatever reason I just can not get comfortable and the butt of the gun sticks out too much. I wish RCS would offer a system similar to Comp-Tac's adjustable clips that a RCS "approved" that would allow someone to adjust cant.

Same goes for me, sold it a few weeks ago and just ordered a CCC Looper in the appendix cant to give a shot, still waiting.

Tennvol12345
10-06-09, 08:06
I took a pair of Comp-Tac clips I had laying around and tried to adjust the cant. It worked but made the holster uncomfortable since the "curve" of the RCS was rotating and digging into my side.

I'll continue to wear RCS for OWB but I'm going to have to find something else for IWB.

M4arc
10-06-09, 08:18
pics man pics!

Judging from Sam's pictures they do carry high up but I'll try and get some pictures of my own.

Alpha Sierra
10-06-09, 20:52
I'll continue to wear RCS for OWB but I'm going to have to find something else for IWB.
After a few days of getting used to its feel, this is the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever had for a semi auto:

FIST #20

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp290/JRossy/guns/DSC00610.jpg