PDA

View Full Version : H&K USP Expert

jp0319
09-17-09, 04:04
Who ownes and or has shot an H&K USP expert in .40 or .45? How does it shoot what are your opinions?

KJDrake
09-17-09, 05:24
I had an Expert in .40 cal...excellent weapon. I installed a jet funnel and used the 16 round white mags. I regret selling that pistol even more than the HK Tactical in .45 I had and that weapon was also very accurate and easy to point.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. The only hard part for me was finding holsters for them. That was a while ago so maybe somebody is making something for them now but it was a short list of holsters when I used them.

be safe, shoot well

--KJ

loupav
09-17-09, 10:28
I have a USP Expert in .45 It's a great pistol. Easy to shoot, very accurate. One of my friends liked it better than a 1911. I have a little over 2,000 rounds through it and I wish I could find and afford ammo for it. But oh well.

The only problem I had with it, is it would sometimes fail to completely go into battery when the o-ring was not lubed up.

But I saw that gun more as a range toy more than anything else. That and I hate the plain black sights.

jp0319
09-18-09, 05:29
Thanks all.

Shadow1198
09-18-09, 10:53
I've shot both an Expert and Elite in .45acp. They have a little bit nicer trigger than the stock USP trigger. They also seemed either a little more accurate or possibly just a little easier to shoot more accurately. From what I remember, and it's been awhile since I shot a standard USP 45, they both also felt like a bit less recoil overall. Honestly, I don't remember it being like a night and day difference over a standard USP or anything. They were both fun of course. Think of them as almost a mini Mk23 for nearly half the price. ;)

jp0319
09-19-09, 00:00
How are the triggers? They are quoted as having "match" triggers are they good in single action?

noctis
09-19-09, 00:19
jp0319:

The match SA trigger is about as good as you will get without Bruce Gray working his magic and turning your USP into SAO. Mine are NP3 coated.

The improvement from the combination of the added weight of the slide, longer sight radius, and match trigger is apparent.

The only thing there is to not like about the Expert is the rear sight, which differs from anything available for the USP Full-size and Tactical Models.

Shadow1198
09-20-09, 04:00
They are good for a polymer frame auto trigger, but they aren't really what I would consider a "great" trigger. Not anywhere in the territory of a decent 1911 trigger. H&K P7 and P9S both have vastly superior triggers, as well as most Sig DA/SA triggers or their SRT trigger. It's nothing to write home about, but still better than stock.

DacoRoman
09-20-09, 15:54
I don't have the Expert, but regarding triggers and trigger jobs, I just thought I'd add that after getting the internals NP3'ed in a USPc, the trigger pull became noticeably smoother; don't have a trigger pull gauge so I don't know if it became lighter, but it did feel a tad easier to pull as well due to the increased lubricity.