PDA

View Full Version : Method of operation with TRL-1

castillo
09-17-09, 19:45
My bedside gun is a G19 w/ TRL-1.

I use a both thumbs forward combat grip when shooting. That said, what is the preferred method for activating the weapon light. Do you use your support hand thumb, or your trigger finger? I already know about constant on vs. momentary on.

Thank in advance.

kaiservontexas
09-17-09, 19:49
I kick it on with my trigger finger.

I run mine on my Baby Eagle .40S&W.

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww256/crusaderwyn/misc%20firearms/BabyEagle40SW18.jpg

CC556
09-17-09, 19:50
I also use a thumbs forward grip and find it very easy to work the momentary function with my support hand thumb.

My G29 as it is set up for my local rifle league matches (we shoot in the light and the dark)
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m255/90Z51/Guns/G29/DSCF8666.jpg

JB2000
09-17-09, 21:10
I run mine with my support hand thumb on a G17.

Has anyone else had any problems with the switch sticking? I've tried cleaning it and fiddling with the screw that holds it on but it will still stick in the on position.

Byron
09-17-09, 21:40
I prefer to use my support thumb for momentary bursts. Been running one a couple years now and have not had any problem with the switch sticking.

John_Wayne777
09-17-09, 21:56
My bedside gun is a G19 w/ TRL-1.

I use a both thumbs forward combat grip when shooting. That said, what is the preferred method for activating the weapon light. Do you use your support hand thumb, or your trigger finger? I already know about constant on vs. momentary on.

Thank in advance.

Support hand thumb operating the rocker. The trigger finger can be used...but remember that your trigger finger has other responsibilities.

Mark/MO
09-18-09, 18:36
Another vote fo the supporting hand thumb. I find it much easier than using the trigger finger.

NCPatrolAR
09-18-09, 22:41
You should be using your support side thumb whenever possible.

slowjon
09-19-09, 14:17
You should be using your support side thumb whenever possible.

Ditto this. The trigger finger is well, for the trigger. I really don't want to tie it up on any other controls. Support hand thumb works great for me.

ra2bach
09-19-09, 14:54
being a lefty, I have a problem activating the TRL-1 rocker switch when mounted on my pistol.

if I press down on the paddle from the right side of the pistol, it activates the constant on feature. and if I try to use my thumb to press up, it jambs the end of my thumb during recoil and hurts.

is there any other light that would work better for a lefty???

GLB
09-19-09, 17:11
Constant on with the trigger finger during the draw stroke and off with the support side thumb.

Mr. Happy
09-20-09, 21:24
being a lefty, I have a problem activating the TRL-1 rocker switch when mounted on my pistol.

if I press down on the paddle from the right side of the pistol, it activates the constant on feature. and if I try to use my thumb to press up, it jambs the end of my thumb during recoil and hurts.

is there any other light that would work better for a lefty???

Thanks for the important info for another lefty who has yet to pick a light!

ra2bach
09-20-09, 21:48
Thanks for the important info for another lefty who has yet to pick a light!

It's not really a deal breaker. I just wish it worked the other way around. I've ordered a Procyon as it has two paddles that both are pushed down for momentary. I'll let you know my verdict...

NCPatrolAR
09-21-09, 10:10
Constant on with the trigger finger during the draw stroke and off with the support side thumb.

why do You automaticly go to constant on?

GLB
09-21-09, 10:44
why do You automaticly go to constant on?

It works for me. I don't want to modify my grip if I am going to shoot. It feels natural for me to push down the constant switch with the trigger finger as I present the weapon. I use my support side thumb to turn it off just as quick.