PDA

View Full Version : M&P Julie Goloski Model - thoughts?

AR15thur
09-21-09, 16:27
Anyone tried or have this model and have any thoughts on it?

I could do without the breast-cancer ribbon, but having the fiber front and warren rear is pretty sweet.

beastfrog
09-21-09, 18:02
Same as a 9FS except, as you note, the engraved ribbon, 2 pink back straps (in addition to the 3 black ones) and the sights. Watch Bud's, they periodically have them for $515. I think they're a great deal at that price.

BobM
09-21-09, 21:10
I bought one for my daughter (now 16 years old) late last year. The trigger on this particular seems significantly heavier than my issued M&P40 but that shouldn't be too hard to take care of.

We've only put about 50-100 rds through it though so far but so far we like it.

M4Fundi
09-22-09, 03:22
I'm planning on buying one for the wife. I looked at them and they are fine and if it makes the wife shoot more b/c its pink, has ribbons and a FO sight (which is pretty:p) then it makes alot of sense to me.

ToddG
09-23-09, 07:06
My wife has one, it was actually a gift from S&W for her involvement in the initial stages of the project:

http://9x19mm.com/photoalbum/albums/userpics/mp9jg-2.jpg

Except for the sights and the breast cancer awareness stuff (ribbon engraving & pink grips) it's identical to any other M&P9 produced at the time. The gun comes with all three of the normal (black) backstraps, so unless someone looked carefully it would be hard to distinguish from a standard M&P9.

And, every gun sold really does benefit breast cancer awareness/research. Each of Smith's full-time professional shooters has a "signature" gun that the company produces, and the shooter gets a royalty for each one sold. Julie chose to forego her royalty and instead asked Smith to put 100% of it into donations ...

Aray
09-23-09, 07:53
I bought one for my wife last Christmas. The ribbon is very discrete, with the black grip inserts installed, it is nearly indistinguishable from any other M&P.