PDA

View Full Version : Concealed Carry Holster

GADAWG
02-15-07, 16:00
What do ya'll think is the best holster for concealed carry? Or which one do you use.

Boris
02-15-07, 16:37
I'm partial to the Comp-Tac C-TAC for IWB carry of my 5" 1911. Comfortable, secure, durable and fast. I'm currently using a Galco Avenger for the Sig P220 but since I prefer IWB with a quick on-or-off capability, will pick up a Comp-Tac Infidel for the M&P in the near future.

-Boris

Batt 57
02-15-07, 16:48
What do ya'll think is the best holster for concealed carry? Or which one do you use.

Milt Sparks VM II or HR-LTD. I am 6', 260 lbs and wear a full size 1911 all day in the HR-LTD. IMHO these are the best IWB holsters made.

El Cid
02-16-07, 05:53
I recommend the McDaniel II from Andrews Leather (www.andrewsleather.com). The belt loop is behind the gun, pulling it in closer to your body. You can adjust the loop to whatever angle fits your needs. The holster will not collapse when the gun is drawn and it makes a full size gun (P14, G22) disappear under just a t-shirt.

I have five of these holsters and it is the only IWB I'll use. It's also comfortable which is unusual for an IWB.

Kevin

Batt 57
02-16-07, 06:23
You know.... the problem with asking this question is that you ask five different guys and you'll get five different answers. IWB holster fit is a very personal and subjective thing.

I say sparks, Boris says Comp-Tac, and El Cid says Andrews.

All of these are great holsters but some of our experiences are limited. My experiences are limited to about five IWB holsters and out of them all, based on my physical structure, weight, gun type, and clothing I choose the Sparks. Now, I had to buy all of these first as no one locally carried any but one.

What would also help is to visit well respected forums for the particular gun you are using. 1911forum was a big help for me with guys even offering to lend me stuff to try out.

Hope this helps.

JAYTEAM
02-16-07, 06:32
I use a Comp Tac with a Glock 19 when I carry IWB, or a Galco Combat Master with a Springfield Armory TRP when I carry OWB.

Jay

MX5
02-16-07, 06:42
Very personal and subjective - like buying shoes for your wife. I use Blade Tech & Milt Sparks IWB. Good luck.