PDA

View Full Version : Safariland 2" Drop adapter

rjacobs
09-21-09, 21:39
Anybody use the Safariland 2" drop adapter for their belt holsters? Specifically the 6377 ALS holsters?

http://safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=HDA-KIT

Does this compare at all to the Blade-Tech DOH holsters?

I like the way these DOH holsters sit on the belt and would like to try this drop kit on my current holster before buying the Blade-Tech.

Rider79
09-22-09, 01:30
I used the drop platform on a 6280, it works well if you're on foot patrol often, as I was when I worked for HUD. If you spend alot of time in a car, it doesn't work as well, drops it too low. For me at least, it hindered my draw while seated in a car.

El Cid
09-22-09, 17:31
I use the UBL drop for my 6004 and am mostly pleased with it. I had my drop-leg shroud moved up as close to my belt as possible by removing the top strap. It is closer to your natural draw location (and where you probably train most often), and easier to protect/defend. Still, with the drop-leg it was never easy to access in a vehicle.

I took the 6004 and put it on the UBL. Still clears my armor, but is vertical all the time. Only issue I had was that it flexed/bowed and could inhibit the draw. The fix was taking a leg strap from the drop-leg shroud and attaching it to secure the bottom.

TonyM
09-22-09, 18:04
Did you look at the 6075? it is a 1 1/2 in drop.

rjacobs
09-22-09, 18:09
I already have a Safariland 6377 that I got with my MP9 last week. I had been looking at picking up a Blade-Tech DOH for my 1911 and before spending 68 bucks on a Blade-Tech DOH for the MP9, since I already have the Safariland, I was going to try the 2" drop for the Safariland. It doesnt sound though as if it will work out for what I am trying to replicate. I think the Blade-Tech design is different and thus keeps it from moving around when trying to draw. It sounds like the 2" drop Safariland adapter is kinda flimsy and moves around to much, which isnt a good thing.

Rider79
09-24-09, 11:21
I already have a Safariland 6377 that I got with my MP9 last week. I had been looking at picking up a Blade-Tech DOH for my 1911 and before spending 68 bucks on a Blade-Tech DOH for the MP9, since I already have the Safariland, I was going to try the 2" drop for the Safariland. It doesnt sound though as if it will work out for what I am trying to replicate. I think the Blade-Tech design is different and thus keeps it from moving around when trying to draw. It sounds like the 2" drop Safariland adapter is kinda flimsy and moves around to much, which isnt a good thing.

I had no issues with mine being flimsy, and I liked very much where it put the gun in relation to my hand for drawing, but like I said, it limited my draw while seated in a patrol car.

nickdrak
09-24-09, 12:29
I had no issues with mine being flimsy, and I liked very much where it put the gun in relation to my hand for drawing, but like I said, it limited my draw while seated in a patrol car.

My experience with the 2" drop adapter is identical.

rjacobs
09-24-09, 12:39
Ok well maybe I will just have to order one then and try it out to see if it does what I want. Thanks for the input. Now if I can actually find a place that has it in stock.

JohnN
09-24-09, 22:32
I am using a 6280 with a 1.5" UBL and found that without a leg strap it was very difficult to draw quickly.