How much did you pay for it?

Thanks,

HM

VA_Dinger
07-10-06, 22:09
Nobody owns a XD45 yet?

CapnCrunch
07-11-06, 02:37
I'm not buying one or anything, but I'll be putting some rounds through one tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works out, and I'll try to get some pics. My new Canon 1DsMKII will be in tomorrow, so I'll probably be giving it and the XD a thorough workout.

HarveyMushman
07-11-06, 06:41
I think I'm leaning towards the XD 9mm 4inch now. I have a G21 and 1991, and a few AR's (even bought a 3030 on sunday), but nothing in 9mm.

So I'm going to give a try.

HM

Leibster
07-11-06, 21:29
I just bought an XD45, but haven't shot it yet. However, I can tell you I have had absolutely fantastic experience with the XD9.

I put 20,000 rounds through it and beat the hell out of it for an article I wrote for Handguns Magazine. It still hasn't jammed. You can read the article here: http://springfield-armory.primediaoutdoors.com/SPstory11.html

Hope that helps,

--Leibster
(aka Chaim Stein)

CapnCrunch
07-11-06, 23:52
I got about 130 or so rounds through it, but the weather turned foul and we decided to pack it up. It was the fullsize model, and it ran pretty good. Felt ok, although it was nothing to write home about. No malfs or anything. I'll have another chance at it next week.

Camera was a no-show, although it was supposed to be delivered by 4:00 PM.

HarveyMushman
07-12-06, 03:34
I just bought an XD45, but haven't shot it yet. However, I can tell you I have had absolutely fantastic experience with the XD9.

I put 20,000 rounds through it and beat the hell out of it for an article I wrote for Handguns Magazine. It still hasn't jammed. You can read the article here: http://springfield-armory.primediaoutdoors.com/SPstory11.html

Hope that helps,

--Leibster
(aka Chaim Stein)

That's good news. For some reason I can't access that link, I'll have to try from work.

Now I just need to get my FFL guy to send his info and I'll get that one on order.

Thanks guys,

HM

tomalibrando
07-12-06, 19:26
I can tell you that it has solved a lot of the problems we have had with our Glock 21s. For a double stack 45, it fits in the hand nicely. It has all metal mags which drop free. The sights aren't bad and the weapon runs great. The trigger is a little nicer than the 21 and the shot recovery is about the same. Our 21s are notorious for malfunctions and have been one of the more problematic weapons that company has produced. (Just ask LAPD) Especially when attaching a weapon mounted light to the system. (it has to do with frame not flexing as well) The test version worked well with that. I know some 21s run great, but others, as I am plauged with an issue Glock 21, does not. The SAs seem to be less tempermental. Most quality control with a newer production seems to be more stringent, so when huge orders come in for the XD, we'll see what happens. For now, its a top notch piece. It's real competition with be the S and W if/when they come out with their .45.

HarveyMushman
07-16-06, 15:19
WOO HOO !!! I found a NIB XD-9 (with 16 round mags) for $450.00 on the ARFCOM EE.

Now I just have to wait for it to be shipped here. I'll be sure to post pics when it arrives.. :D

HM

CornFedHusker
08-01-06, 13:12
Happy with my XD45! Reliable and shoots well.

Next handgun will be a 9mm, however.