PDA

View Full Version : Hogue "Handall" on Fingergroove Glock?

blackscot
03-13-07, 09:50
Has anyone tried the Hogue Handall (their slip-on rubber thingie) on any of the current-generation finger-grooved Glocks?

About the only thing I don't like about my Glock 19 is the flat side panels that leave a gap across my palm. Hence, I am looking for something to provide more palm swell, which the Handall does feature.

The Handall also has finger grooves, however, which may or may not be compatible with the grooves already present on the G19's grip, and which I don't want to grind off or subject to similar non-reversable measures.

Thanks for any feedback.

Obiwan
03-13-07, 11:26
I have a piece of bicycle inner tube on mine

I can send you a custom made sleeve for just $19.95 :D

El Cid
03-14-07, 11:42
I have one on my 2005ish G22. The Hogue piece has hollow spots inside where the finger rests go.

It works in that it provides a better grip for my large hands and it stops the gun from squirming around... but after shooting IDPA matches, or a long day at the range with my agency, the Hogue piece will start to rotate on me.

I have the Brooks Tactical A-grip on my G27 and it is simply amazing. I will probably go that route for the G22 in the near future.

Greenbean
03-14-07, 12:05
I had a Hogue slip on on my 3rd Gen G21, I got it b/c the range G21 had it and I have large hands with skinny fingers. The range model was a 1st Gen G21 and I noticed after I got it on my 3rd Gen it fit great and had the holes under it's bumps for my finger grooves but it really started to wear the edge of my middle finger where it would come to rest under the trigger guard. Basically it was forcing my finger to rotate in the edge right under the trigger guard and it was making it red and raw. So I took it off and they took it back for me, I ended up with a G19 for CC duty so.

That.'s my .02 worth.:cool:

Now I also had the Hogue smaller slip on on a G30 and I really liked it, Gave me no iritation or rash or reddening at all:D

blackscot
03-15-07, 05:57
Thanks for the feedback folks. Shall follow-up accordingly.

blackscot
03-19-07, 05:57
.......The Hogue piece has hollow spots inside where the finger rests go.....

I didn't know that. So for ten bucks, figured it would be worth trying out, so did over the weekend......

.....it really started to wear the edge of my middle finger where it would come to rest under the trigger guard. Basically it was forcing my finger to rotate in the edge right under the trigger guard and it was making it red and raw......

.......which is what immediately began happening. By the end of the first 15-round mag, I already had a nice little welt forming. Took the Hogue off and finished the rest of the 100-round box of WWB with the G19 as-is.

.....Now I also had the Hogue smaller slip on on a G30 and I really liked it, Gave me no iritation or rash or reddening at all:D

Maybe I should've gone that route, but for now I'm keeping the G19 in the original config and trying to live with the gap across the palm (which I really didn't notice finishing up the rest of the WWB).

Greenbean
03-19-07, 07:26
Maybe I should've gone that route, but for now I'm keeping the G19 in the original config and trying to live with the gap across the palm (which I really didn't notice finishing up the rest of the WWB).

I still have the single slip on for the G29 and G30 style grips.
I'll put it on the G19 tonight and shot some at the cabin and see how it feels.

Also for a CCW I don't like the rubber on the grips b/c it always tried to grab my cover windbreaker and that is not good at all.

just food for though, as a duty/carry weapon I probably would not mind.

Dirknar
12-12-10, 01:21
Ha old thread??

I just put the Hogue Handall on my G22, I love them.. Very handfilling and Very Grippy words I just made up:big_boss:

uwe1
12-12-10, 14:33
I liked them as well, but found that it would exacerbate "Glock knuckle" (the red callous that forms where the knuckle of the middle finger rubs against the trigger guard). I had to thin down the trigger guard, especially on the Glock 19 in order for it to be ok. I'm heavily considering ditching the Hogue in favor of just stippling the standard frame.

bkb0000
12-12-10, 14:38
bat tape.

sticky, easy to install, easy to replace, $3 roll will last years.

lebowski
12-12-10, 15:18
I had them, and didn't like them.

For iwb carry I don't like them because they have a tendency to grab my shirt and make it ride up. I also found on my g31 my finger would get sort of pinched under the trigger guard when the grips are on.

I took then off and I've become used to the stock flock grips.