PDA

View Full Version : Gelatin Testing to FBI protocol

CapnCrunch
07-13-06, 19:12
What do you guys want to see the most?

Next month I'll be testing the following combinations. I can't post everything, so pick the top 2 things you'd like to see the results of.

VA_Dinger
07-13-06, 20:33
Thanks, this should be very interesting.

CapnCrunch
07-13-06, 23:44
This would be a lot easier to do, but when people pay to have certain things tested it is just not ethical to release the data afterwards. The majority of this will be done on my dime, so I'm just going to release whatever people want to see after I clear it with the barrel or upper manufacturers.

As a courtesy thing, I'll be supplying these same manufacturers with datapoints that they can supply to end-users.

TigerStripe
07-14-06, 00:08
Provided I get a new barrel for my upper, I'd love to see BCM 14.5 1/7- HSM 223-17 Tactical. I pretty much know what TAP and BH 75gr OTM do, I think everyone else does too....

TS

Cold
07-16-06, 13:38
Im interested in your findings HOWEVER Im not interested in anything associated with PLW given what has come to light as of late over on another board.

CapnCrunch
07-17-06, 23:37
This is meant to be nothing more than factual observations of the rounds and their performance in calibrated ballistics gelatin through different platforms.

No offense, but I'm in the business of seperating fact from myth. If you don't like the results of the poll, sorry. If the LW ends up being one of the 2 systems chosen, it will be the one reported on. You can choose not to view the results if you want.

At this point, I really don't care one way or the other how testing ends up. I'm putting money from my pocket and my time on the line to actually try to get valid information out there. I'm getting some new ammo from a source, but aside from that, all of this is being paid for by me. Rifle size gel blocks are not cheap and easy to make.

So please, let's keep this thread free of politics and stay on track with the intended topic.

KevinB
07-18-06, 07:50
Tally need a hand -- I am back CONUS 1 Aug...