PDA

View Full Version : MICH vs. ACH any real differences?

xcibes
07-25-10, 16:21
I've been looking at the ACH and MICH but I cannot figure out what the differences are....I've looked in google and all I can find out is that the ACH is based on the MICH minus the communications gear....whatever that means....Can anyone tell me what the real differences are....pictures of any differences? Most people seem to use the terms interchangeably and I know that is not the case.

GotAmmo
07-25-10, 22:16
i think wikipedia summed it up when it said... the only diff between the 2 are the commo options.

xcibes
07-26-10, 05:58
yes, that is what I found but I wanted to see the actual differences......that description is jsut too vague for me.

Titleist
07-26-10, 08:26
Same thing, different terminology.

evil_nadman
07-26-10, 23:17
The mich originally came with some commo equipment like a bone mic or some crap like that. It became the ACH when the army adopted it and started to issue it at RFI.

skd_tactical
07-27-10, 11:06
The mich originally came with some commo equipment like a bone mic or some crap like that. It became the ACH when the army adopted it and started to issue it at RFI.

Agreed. I have been issued both and even though I'm looking at them I can't find a single Difference. Except OD vs Foliage Green paint, different pads - Oregon Aero vs. Skydex, and the Chin straps. The ACH has the nicer of all three categories. But That is probably just bc it is newer and doesn't have Afghan or Iraqi Dust and crud in it.
- That Crud has claimed 2 laptops and 1 Xbox 360 of mine over the years.

SOS

AirmanAtwood
07-31-10, 18:58
From what I see, the MICH has a higher ear cutout than the ACH, for headsets.

Stephen_H
08-01-10, 15:35
From what I see, the MICH has a higher ear cutout than the ACH, for headsets.

You are thinking of the TC2001 or TC2002. The original MICH (TC2000) and the ACH shell profiles are identical. Also, the ACH may come with pad sets from one of several manufacturers (dependingon who made the shell). MICH came with the Oregon Aero pad set. As has been stated the MICH also came with a comms package which I believe evolved into the Sordin Supreme headset.

Stephen

xcibes
08-01-10, 17:42
what is this comm package exactly...is it the headset with microphone like the gencom III or something like that?