PDA

View Full Version : CarrierComp Picatinny Top Rails for Benelli M4 Shotguns Now Shipping

AggiePhil
09-23-10, 15:39
CarrierComp quietly started shipping their $60 high-quality replacement picatinny top rail for Benelli M4s this week. These will solve the problem of the factory rails being flimsy and out of spec, ruining quality optics. They also don't hang over the side of the receiver like other replacement top rails that interfere with whatever side saddle you might want to use. Needless to say, this is great news for Benelli owners. But I'd order soon. Word has it that only a handful will be shipping out before the backorders start.

http://shop.carriercomp.com/product.sc?productId=6&categoryId=5

http://app.onlinephotofiler.com/Img1/A_6/7/5/5/55576/8e75798d44e34d578481b413da8afae9.jpg?uid=faed7d9b-bfa9-426e-bc2b-666238ae00d6

SHOOTER61
09-29-10, 16:54
CarrierComp quietly started shipping their $60 high-quality replacement picatinny top rail for Benelli M4s this week. These will solve the problem of the factory rails being flimsy and out of spec, ruining quality optics. They also don't hang over the side of the receiver like other replacement top rails that interfere with whatever side saddle you might want to use. Needless to say, this is great news for Benelli owners. But I'd order soon. Word has it that only a handful will be shipping out before the backorders start.

http://shop.carriercomp.com/product.sc?productId=6&categoryId=5

http://app.onlinephotofiler.com/Img1/A_6/7/5/5/55576/8e75798d44e34d578481b413da8afae9.jpg?uid=faed7d9b-bfa9-426e-bc2b-666238ae00d6

Thanks for the heads up. I need to see if they will do one in there desert tan to match my cameo M4.

AggiePhil
09-29-10, 18:17
Received mine just a few days after placing the order. It's badass! Now I just have to get an Aimpoint Micro to place atop it. :D

Lima
03-15-11, 08:54
Received mine just a few days after placing the order. It's badass! Now I just have to get an Aimpoint Micro to place atop it. :D

While doing a product search I found this thread. I especially appreciate it when people actually share good reviews, and not just bad ones. Helped me find this outfit I'd never heard of, www.cariercomp.com , small but their customer service and quality rivals the big dogs. It is obvious after holding and installing their products they care about what they build and sell.

I bought a Desert Tan Benelli M4 shotgun and this Carriercomp picatinny rail for my Sig STS-081 red dot sight. Very nice upgrade. I'd like to add that the customer service after personally speaking with Kip Carrier (the owner I believe) at Carrier Comp sealed the deal. Top notch!! He knows his stuff on these scatterguns.

After my 1st success I decided to give their 7rd full length titanium magazine tube a try as well. Will post pictures of the installed unit when I can.
Now it looks and performs fantastic. Points quick thanks to the Titanium diet. Fit and finish are way above what I'd expected.

Just ordered a Mesa Tactical stock for it too for 922r compliance. will update when it arrives.
Nice forum and thanks for the info Aggie!

AggiePhil
03-15-11, 10:10
While doing a product search I found this thread. I especially appreciate it when people actually share good reviews, and not just bad ones. Helped me find this outfit I'd never heard of, www.cariercomp.com , small but their customer service and quality rivals the big dogs. It is obvious after holding and installing their products they care about what they build and sell.

I bought a Desert Tan Benelli M4 shotgun and this Carriercomp picatinny rail for my Sig STS-081 red dot sight. Very nice upgrade. I'd like to add that the customer service after personally speaking with Kip Carrier (the owner I believe) at Carrier Comp sealed the deal. Top notch!! He knows his stuff on these scatterguns.

After my 1st success I decided to give their 7rd full length titanium magazine tube a try as well. Will post pictures of the installed unit when I can.
Now it looks and performs fantastic. Points quick thanks to the Titanium diet. Fit and finish are way above what I'd expected.

Just ordered a Mesa Tactical stock for it too for 922r compliance. will update when it arrives.
Nice forum and thanks for the info Aggie!

Excellent! Glad to hear you had a good experience. I agree that everything Kip Carrier makes seems to be amazing. Guy is a perfectionist. He's supposedly going to be coming out with an oversized bolt handle sometime soon too.

Lima
03-16-11, 00:58
Stock should be here Friday.
From the pictures it looks a different color tan than any of the colors Benelli used. Hopefully it is a standard color, like DuraCote Coyote tan maybe, if my monitor image matches what is in the box. Hmmm. If it's too far off I could paint the gun to match the stock.
Oh cooool. AggiePhil. I'll give him a ring tomorrow and see if he has any charging knobs in stock. Didn't see them listed. :(

Lima
03-20-11, 13:03
Called Kip, he has the Carriercomp Benelli M4 Titanium hybrid bolt knobs AggiePhil mentioned. He described them as Generation II which is reported to be a hybrid of tool steel and titanium. As I understood the portion that inserts into the bolt doubles as a disassembly tool of the gas system according to the Benelli owners manual, so it has to be more abrasion resistant than titanium alone. He made that portion from heat treated A2 tool steel. The outer part, or knob is titanium so the gross weight is still less than the stock knob. The guy seems to be a stickler for perfection, functional detail, and precision. Every review I can find on his outfit going back over 5 years gives high marks.

The Urbino stock came in. It does appear to be Coyote Tan. Still thinking about having the gun painted to match. I live in lower Alabama so I might drop off the gun at Carriercomp to let him install his titanium mag tube, and re-coat my entire gun to match the stock.
My experience with Mesa Tactical has also been great. I only got their stock due to 922r concerns, but apparently the hammer and/or disconnector will soon have a US made offering, which would have been a cheaper option. At least I can shoot it without being in violation. The mag tube, follower, and stock bring it into compliance.
Still intend to post pictures as it materializes.

AggiePhil
03-20-11, 13:09
The Urbino stock will be a better stock all around. The Benelli stock is way too long. You made the right choice. :)

SHOOTER61
03-20-11, 19:14
The bottom pic is my Cameo M4 with Kips 7rd FDE tube. The color match is almost the same. Just wanted you guys to see how it looked. I would like to also get one of the top rails, if he offered them in the same color. Kip is a great guy to work with.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k111/WLB61/DSCN1243.jpg?t=1300666161

platoonDaddy
06-08-11, 04:50

Not too hijack the thread: Don't understand why a Mesa Tactical stock for 922r compliance.

Are you concerned that the extended tube with pistol grips is non 922r compliant and if so why? :confused:

http://freedomfightertactical.com/products-page/magazine-tubes/the-freedom-fighter-tactical-922r-compliant-full-length-finished-titanium-magazine-tube-for-benelli-m4-shotgun/

WS6
06-08-11, 07:02
FYI...Kip and Geissele are getting together on some 922r compatible things.

sagmill
06-08-11, 20:40
In two weeks Kip will have Geissele 922R compliant U.S. manufactured hammers for the M4. These are stock replacement hammers. No performance upgrade but a good quality tool steel hammer.

WS6
06-09-11, 00:55
In two weeks Kip will have Geissele 922R compliant U.S. manufactured hammers for the M4. These are stock replacement hammers. No performance upgrade but a good quality tool steel hammer.

Where did you get your 2-week estimate? I have gotten time estimates from Kip before, and the guy is awesome and so is his work, but his time estimates are definitely estimates.

Lima
06-10-11, 05:43
Where did you get your 2-week estimate? I have gotten time estimates from Kip before, and the guy is awesome and so is his work, but his time estimates are definitely estimates.
Just found this;

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php/26152-US-Made-M4-Trigger?p=155014#post155014

Apparently he has been compiling a contact list of interested parties, and appears to be on track to come through again, with outside help this time. Nice to see he doesn't source parts from China. Working with Geissele demonstrates what I've heard and seen, Kip's penchant for perfection.

Lima
06-10-11, 05:50
Not too hijack the thread: Don't understand why a Mesa Tactical stock for 922r compliance.
Are you concerned that the extended tube with pistol grips is non 922r compliant and if so why? :confused:

An import stock counts against 922r with or w/o a pistol grip. The pistol grip counts as an additional strike if it is seperate, as is the case on the collapsible stock.
I had the full length tube and follower... But one more item was needed for a fixed stock M4. I got the Urbino stock not knowing the Carriercomp / Geissele hammer project would materialize this soon.

No regrets though. The Urbino fits me better and represents a refinement for my use, not just a swap like the follower or hand guards.
Now the Geissele hammer swap, that has the potential to be an upgrade compliance part, just like the titanium tube or Urbino stock. Win-win.

There are several sources of 922r data, for the Benelli M4 this one has never lead me astray;
http://www.carriercomp.com/FAQ.html

WS6
06-10-11, 07:08
Just found this;

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php/26152-US-Made-M4-Trigger?p=155014#post155014

Apparently he has been compiling a contact list of interested parties, and appears to be on track to come through again, with outside help this time. Nice to see he doesn't source parts from China. Working with Geissele demonstrates what I've heard and seen, Kip's penchant for perfection.

Kip is an obsessive perfectionist. Those A2/Ti bolts and 1913 rails took well over a year from mention to production. I'm just trying to caution people that when Kip starts a project, he might take longer than estimated to finish it in the name of perfection. However, since he is co-oping this with Geissele, I do suspect the time estimate will be close to accurate.

Lima
06-10-11, 08:27
Kip is an obsessive perfectionist. Those A2/Ti bolts and 1913 rails took well over a year from mention to production. I'm just trying to caution people that when Kip starts a project, he might take longer than estimated to finish it in the name of perfection. However, since he is co-oping this with Geissele, I do suspect the time estimate will be close to accurate.
True.
The hammer only took Geissele 6 months... fast compared to Kip:D, but it sounds like hammers are Geissele's specialty so that helped.
From mention of the rails and knobs per forum member's requests, which Kip had not built before, I'd say finishing the race at all was decent of him. Other companys built their own versions, but Kip seems to have built what forum members specifically asked for.
Wish he hadn't stepped back from the titanium body C-Stocks though:mad: Probably deferred to lower cost compliance items??? Especially since C-Stocks are much easier (cheaper) as of late.

platoonDaddy
06-10-11, 15:18
An import stock counts against 922r with or w/o a pistol grip. The pistol grip counts as an additional strike if it is seperate, as is the case on the collapsible stock.
I had the full length tube and follower... But one more item was needed for a fixed stock M4. I got the Urbino stock not knowing the Carriercomp / Geissele hammer project would materialize this soon.

No regrets though. The Urbino fits me better and represents a refinement for my use, not just a swap like the follower or hand guards.

Now the Geissele hammer swap, that has the potential to be an upgrade compliance part, just like the titanium tube or Urbino stock. Win-win.

There are several sources of 922r data, for the Benelli M4 this one has never lead me astray;
http://www.carriercomp.com/FAQ.html

Thanks for the link, great source.

Edit: sitting here with a few olives I was thinking will the hammer|trigger project also have all the springs (if required)?

WS6
06-11-11, 00:32
True.
The hammer only took Geissele 6 months... fast compared to Kip:D, but it sounds like hammers are Geissele's specialty so that helped.
From mention of the rails and knobs per forum member's requests, which Kip had not built before, I'd say finishing the race at all was decent of him. Other companys built their own versions, but Kip seems to have built what forum members specifically asked for.
Wish he hadn't stepped back from the titanium body C-Stocks though:mad: Probably deferred to lower cost compliance items??? Especially since C-Stocks are much easier (cheaper) as of late.

Yes. User "Duggan" and myself "unobtanium" found out the expensive way that larue and benelli did not play well together. Kip began work on the rails soon after. They are 7075 alloy and it took him a while to source it in adequate size/shape. Then he had to get the bases machine to perfectly match the contour of the receiver so it would not warp it like mesa tactical's junk when you tighten it beyond a few inch pounds. Then they had to be tIII anodized.

The ti bolts are Kip's second run. He made them based off of design concepts' bolt. It is all but identical. The reason Kip did this was that dc's bolt was perfect nearly--but out of production, with the owner now in Iraq last we spoke. Kips first run was an all ti copy, basically. They were given to certain people in certain places to see how they liked them. They worked perfectly, but the tips were prone to slightly reforming during cycling, so Kip purchased a heat treating machine and some a2 steel. Ask him how the tang is held to the bolt and you will get a ton of info, lol. Long story short, its not coming off and the method is almost exotic as the ti if he did it how he told me he would.

Kip's production cost on a ti col. Stock was estimated at around $500. The oem is a very good component and Kip felt that the ti stock was about the most expensive path to 922r compliance while offering no benefit besides. He abandoned the project for the foreseeable future.

His ti tubes are held to .0001" tolerance in the thread region. Kip uses aerospace specs on most "critical" things when feasible. This does mean more blems though, but he makes wind chimes out of them, so no fear of getting one : )

mildot
06-14-11, 12:58
Just came across this thread and it speaks to a couple of questions about Carrier Comp.That said I'm looking at the charging handle and the choke/muzzle break device.
Any troops have any "hands on" with either part?
All his reviews are positive, so my confidence is high.

mildot
06-28-11, 14:01
Hey, to the folks that have ordered from CarrierComp, does Kip send tracking info? or does it just arrive? I placed an order, and sent a few emails but no answer?

platoonDaddy
06-28-11, 20:21
Hey, to the folks that have ordered from CarrierComp, does Kip send tracking info? or does it just arrive? I placed an order, and sent a few emails but no answer?

I received emails stating that they have shipped and that is it!

As you they haven't replied to the emails, guess it will arrive when it arrives. :confused:

mildot
06-28-11, 20:23
Well at this point I'd be happy with an email saying it shipped.Thanks for the input though.

platoonDaddy
06-28-11, 20:23
Just came across this thread and it speaks to a couple of questions about Carrier Comp.That said I'm looking at the charging handle and the choke/muzzle break device.
Any troops have any "hands on" with either part?
All his reviews are positive, so my confidence is high.

Believe me the pros on the M4 & carrierComp are http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/

Click on Benneli

WS6
06-30-11, 22:42

The email is not necessarily sent the day it ships. It is a good indicator though. Kip takes time, but his products are flawless.

mildot
07-01-11, 04:52
They contacted me yesterday, no problems, were G2G.

platoonDaddy
08-12-11, 18:12
CarrierComp quietly started shipping their $60 high-quality replacement picatinny top rail for Benelli M4s this week.

It is now the 12th of August and they are still "Out of Stock", actually since the middle of June.

Any word on street on their next release?

AggiePhil
10-16-11, 14:17
It is now the 12th of August and they are still "Out of Stock", actually since the middle of June.

Any word on street on their next release?

Unknown. Give Kip a call. If he can't answer, just leave a simple message requesting that he call you back.

platoonDaddy
10-18-11, 20:48
Unknown. Give Kip a call. If he can't answer, just leave a simple message requesting that he call you back.

TEMPORARILY OUT of STOCK

One of our consumers bought out our remaining inventory. Next batch expected to complete and return from anodizing in October.

http://www.shop.carriercomp.com
/product.sc?productId=6&categoryId=5 (http://www.shop.carriercomp.com/product.sc?productId=6&categoryId=5)