PDA

View Full Version : Geissele Triggers

Prange
12-07-10, 22:14
What is the correct pronunciation of Geissele? Thanks.

Robb Jensen
12-07-10, 22:16
What is the correct pronunciation of Geissele? Thanks.

The way I've been told is Guys+Lee.

TehLlama
12-07-10, 22:29
I constantly mispronounce it, but I too have been told Guys-Lee

Whootsinator
12-07-10, 22:40
I constantly mispronounce it, but I too have been told Guys-Lee

I do the same...

Before being told it was Guys-Lee I would say (and still do, sometimes) Guyzle, like geyser with an -le instead of -er.

ucrt
12-07-10, 22:51

I called Geissele and asked them. The lady on the phone, (Ms. Geissele, I think) told me "guys lee".

What's goofy is I've told people and they say, "That can't be right, it has to be "juh sale".

Man, 'dem hard heads are everywhere...

BBJones13
12-07-10, 23:58
I thought it was: jizz - elle - eeee

learn something everyday.

Dirtyboy333
12-08-10, 02:36
I thought it was: jizz - elle - eeee

learn something everyday.

+1 i though pretty close to you jizz-seal, kinda like tom brady's model wife Gazzell (spl?) but ending wit seal. lol idk

Belmont31R
12-08-10, 03:28
I knew the correct pronunciation (guys-lee) but I didn't like saying that so I call them "ja-zell".

ALCOAR
12-08-10, 04:18
This thread might be the biggest testament to the type of triggers GA makes....

When people blog about proper pronunciation of your last name you know you have reached Rock Star status.

This is the second or third thread I can remember that strictly was about the way you say Geissele:)

Duffy
12-08-10, 08:04
When Bill Geissele picks up the phone and announces his name (Guys Lee), you've heard it from the authority how it should be pronounced :p

Careby
12-08-10, 10:30
When Bill Geissele picks up the phone and announces his name (Guys Lee), you've heard it from the authority how it should be pronounced :p

I'm not so sure I'd call him the expert just because it happens to be his name. After all, John Garand and his descendants never got the hang of pronouncing their surname correctly. :rolleyes:

Dionysusigma
12-08-10, 11:12
Always pronounced it "guy SELL lee." *shrug*

Ah well. I'm known for mispronouncing things, like Vltor--I say "OOL tor", even though I lost a bet to a friend who pronounced it "VEL tor" and clinched it when he called their CS over speakerphone.

FChen17213
12-08-10, 11:39
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be (Guys Lee), but I used to say "Ja Zelle" and pronounce it like Gisele Bunchen. I mean, I think many of us subconsciously would rather be thinking of Gisele than Geissele as much as we like to shoot match triggers. Of all the match triggers I've heard of, Geisseles seem to be the most well regarded.