PDA

View Full Version : Ramshot Tac

UVvis
08-13-07, 12:59
Anyone using Ramshot TAC? If so, how are you liking it?

I ordered a few 8# jugs earlier this year when it was on sale and haven't messed with it yet. I'm mostly looking to use it for blasting ammo for .223.

jmart
08-13-07, 17:42
I think it works a tad better in heavier weight applications but I recently loaded up some 55 grain ball loads and they shot OK. Reliability was good, accuracy was so-so (but I'm not a terribly good shot). The load was around .2- .3 grains under max, I didn't try any detailed development.

Being a ball powder, it meters beautifully. For blasting ammo, that right there is a plus. And sometimes it goes on sale for $80-90 for a 8lb jug. You can't beat that, that's around 4 cents/charge.

Submariner
08-13-07, 17:49
I agree with jmart regarding better performance with heavier weights. That said, most of our training is inside 50 yards anyway so 4 cents with a 6 cent HDY or WW 55 FMJ is A-OK for class/practice.

Midway had it for $9.99/lb. a couple of months ago. Powder Valley had the 8 lb. jugs for $80. It also meters great.

What is not to like?:D

UVvis
08-14-07, 12:52
Thanks guys,

I ended up with a small pile of the 62 grain bullets. Tried a few working up to 25 grains. Shot decent, wasn't match grade, but wasn't trying for match grade.

Now if I only had more time to shoot this year... :(