PDA

View Full Version : Navy SEALS - what caliber and cartridge do the SEALS use?

DHart
05-04-11, 04:31
Does anyone know what assault rifle caliber (.223, 5.56, or ???) and what particular cartridge loading (bullet weight and style) the SEALS would have used in the mission to get Bin Laden? Same as all of our troops use or something else?

Eurodriver
05-04-11, 04:44
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=80306

If you can wait a few weeks I'm sure some mall ninja magazines will be for sale at your local Borders. They will have all the information as to where you can obtain your "Navy SEAL" rifle.

DHart
05-04-11, 04:47
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=80306

If you can wait a few weeks I'm sure some mall ninja magazines will be for sale at your local Borders. They will have all the information as to where you can obtain your "Navy SEAL" rifle.

Hey man, why behave like a prick? Grow up and learn some respect for others. Obviously you never benefitted from military discipline and the meaning of respect.

I have no interest in buying another rifle, I'm just curious to know what was used. Do you think there is something wrong with that?

Eurodriver
05-04-11, 04:59
Two days after Navy SEALs kill Osama Bin Laden you post a thread asking what caliber weapon, to include the bullet weight and style they use. These are the absolute highest trained, most secretive special ops units on the planet. The US Government didn't even admit they existed until a few years ago.

These guys probably have time delayed, hover capable 5.56mm rounds with heat seeking facial recognition target acquisition software. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if they have the capability to fire a suppressed round into mid air and have it find its target....3 days later. Do you know anything about DEVGRU? About tier one units at all?

You asked what bullet weight and style they are using in the M4Carbine AR General forum...and you want me to grow up?

(By the way, how many times are you going to edit your post?)

DHart
05-04-11, 05:03
I have very little knowledge of specialized military weapons. I was curious if anyone knew anything about what was used. And just what is the problem with that? You're acting like a prick. Grow up.

Eurodriver
05-04-11, 05:08
I can't respond to your posts if you keep editting them every twenty seconds.

Have a good night.

Good luck on your search.

agr1279
05-04-11, 05:35
Does anyone know what assault rifle caliber (.223, 5.56, or ???) and what particular cartridge loading (bullet weight and style) the SEALS would have used in the mission to get Bin Laden? Same as all of our troops use or something else?

Good luck with trying to get that type of information. The frog pond is very secretive on what they do and what they use. If you have ever seen the frog pond you will understand.

Dan

DHart
05-04-11, 05:45
Thanks Dan. I didn't realize that information on the unit is as classified as it apparently is. I was aware that some specialized units have access to weapons and calibers that are not mainstream military, but didn't realize that such information on this particular SEAL unit would likely be unknown by most here.

Doc's threads mentioning the relatively poor performance of mainstream 5.56 military ammo made me think that what this SEAL unit was armed with was most likely something much different than what the mainstream soldier is issued.

Knowing what the SEAL unit use is not important to me, I was just thinking about it and curious if anyone here might know.