PDA

View Full Version : Brand new aimpoint won't turn on..

fiddly_foo
05-19-11, 13:02
Hi just got my brand new aimpoint ml3 in from PA and it wouldn't turn on.. Should I just go buy a new battery down the road first and try that before starting to call people up... thx's I can't imagine it's anything else but a bad battery

christcorp
05-19-11, 13:19
Hi just got my brand new aimpoint ml3 in from PA and it wouldn't turn on.. Should I just go buy a new battery down the road first and try that before starting to call people up... thx's I can't imagine it's anything else but a bad battery

You'll spend more money on long distance charges than you would to buy a $3 battery. Ummmmmm, yes; try a new battery first. Also; look to see that they didn't put a piece of thin plastic/paper between the batter and the contact so it wouldn't make contact while in transport or sitting on the shelf for a year.

fiddly_foo
05-19-11, 13:20
there's a little piece of blk. rubber thing and then a piece of plastic under that but they look like there suppose to be there would be hard to get out... before I do I wait for an answer

christcorp
05-19-11, 14:01
Check PM.

I don't have an aimpoint. I was simply suggesting that many consumer electronics puts a piece of scotch tape or piece of paper between the battery and connector so it doesn't activate and drain the battery while it's on the shelf for many months waiting to be sold. If it isn't obvious that it comes out when you remove the batter; then chances are, that isn't it. Also; check to see if the batter is in up-side-down. Sometimes this is done so it won't activate and drain the battery. if not, try a new battery or call the 1-800-oh-crap number and they'll help you.

jmp45
05-19-11, 14:22
polarity?

Cincinnatus
05-19-11, 14:24
I would:
1.) Call Aimpoint

2.) just do an exchange with the business you bought it through.

JSantoro
05-19-11, 15:14
Try a fresh battery AND cranking down hard on the battery cap. It's not uncommon for the cap to not be in contact if you just twist it to "snug" and not to "holy hell, that's tight."

I had to do it with the cap on my ML3 (which Robb Jensen had to point out to me...yes, I felt stupid...), and seen it happen with other folks' various Comp-series optics. Worth a shot.

fiddly_foo
05-19-11, 15:55
Just tried 2 new battery's and they were snugged down tight. So that's the one battery it came with and I spent $20 at radio shack for 2 more and it's a no go. So I called Primary arms and I got a RMA# and they put aside another ML3 for me. So I'm going to priority usps it 2morrow. The post office is close allready 5pm EST. Just my luck out of all the aimpoint's I get a bad one.. But all wasn't bad news today, I picked up my pistol permit today at the police station yeaaa.. thx's again for the help....

Rattlehead
05-19-11, 16:16
So I called Primary arms and I got a RMA# and they put aside another ML3 for me.

The title of this thread is a bit misleading.
Primary Arms would be the problem, as it's not a real Aimpoint. I thought you meant you got an Aimpoint from Pennsylvania :rolleyes:
Not trying to start an argument, however I'd recommend buying a real Aimpoint if you'd like it to work like it's supposed to.

SteveL
05-19-11, 16:37
Not necessarily. Primary Arms sells real Aimpoints.

http://primaryarms.com/category.sc?categoryId=132

wilco423
05-19-11, 16:43
I'd recommend buying a real Aimpoint if you'd like it to work like it's supposed to.

It seems PA sells both real Aimpoints and PA branded clones. To the OP - can you clarify which one you have?

Steve beat me to it

Rattlehead
05-19-11, 16:51
Not necessarily. Primary Arms sells real Aimpoints.

http://primaryarms.com/category.sc?categoryId=132

Apologies, in that case, post retracted for stupidity.

fiddly_foo
05-19-11, 17:07
it is a real aimpoint they sell lots of them i paid 596.99 with a bobro mount. Primary arms in texas. And the problem is taking care of there customer service was great sending it back first thing in the morning this post can be closed ....thx's for all the help..

duece71
05-21-11, 15:12
Prices seem to good to be true.... a T-1 for $569?? A Comp M-3 with ADM mount for $460????!!! Whoa! Can this be right???

GLOCKMASTER
05-21-11, 15:54
it is a real aimpoint they sell lots of them i paid 596.99 with a bobro mount. Primary arms in texas. And the problem is taking care of there customer service was great sending it back first thing in the morning this post can be closed ....thx's for all the help..

Roger that.