PDA

View Full Version : WMD Guns introduces our "NiB-X BCG Kits

SOP1
06-29-11, 11:03
By the end of July we will be offering our brand new "NiB-X Bolt Carrier Groups" with or without a hammer. This kit will be completely covered in our Nickel Boron and will be the quality that you expect from WMD Guns. So the wait is over!! We are taking pre orders right now!! The retail price will be $220.00 for a complete BCG and $235.00 for the kit with a coated hammer.

mattexass
06-29-11, 19:48
Excuse me if this has be rehashed over and over; but what is the advantage or a coated hammer?

JSGlock34
06-29-11, 20:17
Can you talk about the specifications of the BCG? HPT, MPI, etc?

SOP1
07-01-11, 08:28
Carpenter 158 heat treated and shot peened per mil spec, MPI tested but not high pressure. Manufactured by a supplier to the govt industrial base. Engineered specifically for Nickel Boron coating.

JSGlock34
07-01-11, 17:48
Thanks for the info.

No Bananas
07-08-11, 05:14
By the end of July we will be offering our brand new "NiB-X Bolt Carrier Groups" with or without a hammer. This kit will be completely covered in our Nickel Boron and will be the quality that you expect from WMD Guns. So the wait is over!! We are taking pre orders right now!! The retail price will be $220.00 for a complete BCG and $235.00 for the kit with a coated hammer.

Are the carriers Auto?

Ned Christiansen
07-08-11, 09:03
I've seen this on several BCG's in classes this summer and it is good stuff.

SOP1
07-12-11, 10:36
Sorry for the delay I was traveling,

All the bolt carriers will be full auto.

scrambler 2
07-12-11, 11:55
Excuse me if this has be rehashed over and over; but what is the advantage or a coated hammer?

Having the hammer coated eases friction between the carrier and hammer interface. if you pull back on an uncocked hammer you will feel the amount of pressure it exerts on the carrier when firing.
Scrambler 2

blake-b
08-26-11, 21:11
I received my NiB-X BCG a couple weeks ago but only today did I get to go shoot.

It performed flawlessly. When I first got it, I put it in the gun and went ahead and oiled everything up. A couple days later, I was looking at the gun and noticed the oil had run off the BCG... It simply won't stay in place on the BCG.

SOP1
08-27-11, 08:08
No need to lube it anymore if you would like, NIB-X allows you to run your gun without lube. Glad you are enjoying your BCG!!

wolf_walker
09-03-11, 20:40
Engineered specifically for Nickel Boron coating.

hmmmmm? :)

Littlelebowski
09-03-11, 20:58
How does the coating handle corrosive ammo?

SOP1
09-04-11, 08:07
hmmmmm? :)

That’s right the BCG kit parts are set to our tolerances to allow for a
.5 mil of our coating to be applied. Plus the surface of all the parts are machined cleaner since nickel boron does not “cover” imperfection like phos. and other coating cover up.

SOP1
09-04-11, 08:11
How does the coating handle corrosive ammo?

Our coating does well with corrosive ammo, BUT you still need to clean it and not shoot it and forget it! . Corrosive ammo is just that!!!

wolf_walker
09-04-11, 08:58
That’s right the BCG kit parts are set to our tolerances to allow for a
.5 mil of our coating to be applied. Plus the surface of all the parts are machined cleaner since nickel boron does not “cover” imperfection like phos. and other coating cover up.

Good stuff, am keeping you guys in mind for next time.

SOP1
09-28-11, 13:28
NIB-X BCG Kits are now available from the following distributors;
RSR Group
Acusport
AmChar Wholesale

Plus you can now order kits direct from our Website:
www.WMDguns.com

TacMedic556
10-28-11, 21:39
It is understood that many of you at NiB X once worked at Fail Zero. Am I correct in my understanding that Fail Zero was getting many of its "in the white" BCGs from Advanced Ordnance? Fail Zero always was difficult to obtain information from as far as who made the parts and what the actual specs were (Carpenter 158, MPI, HP, Shot Peened, Grade 8 hardware, staking, etc. ). If you want this product to excel and take off, you need to be very transparent to the gun world.

Please tell us WHO makes these BCGs so we know if they are reputable. Be transparent in where the parts are coming from and the M4 enthusiasts will then trust in and purchase your product.

I would rather purchase a known quality BCG such as BCM with no coating, than a poorly staked, unknown manufacturer BCG coated in the latest and greatest.

Any and all information you provide will only remove speculations, conjecture and rumor mill. Thank you and I hope to try out your product.

Mr blasty
10-29-11, 04:31
It is understood that many of you at NiB X once worked at Fail Zero. Am I correct in my understanding that Fail Zero was getting many of its "in the white" BCGs from Advanced Ordnance? Fail Zero always was difficult to obtain information from as far as who made the parts and what the actual specs were (Carpenter 158, MPI, HP, Shot Peened, Grade 8 hardware, staking, etc. ). If you want this product to excel and take off, you need to be very transparent to the gun world.

Please tell us WHO makes these BCGs so we know if they are reputable. Be transparent in where the parts are coming from and the M4 enthusiasts will then trust in and purchase your product.

I would rather purchase a known quality BCG such as BCM with no coating, than a poorly staked, unknown manufacturer BCG coated in the latest and greatest.

Any and all information you provide will only remove speculations, conjecture and rumor mill. Thank you and I hope to try out your product.

+100000!!! I agree completely.

Arcana71
10-29-11, 17:52
Please tell us WHO makes these BCGs so we know if they are reputable.Based solely on the website photograph, I'm tempted to say Youngs, perhaps? Obviously, my guess is far from science, but those flat "facets" made me take notice.

http://www.wmdguns.com/images/NiB-X%2000012.JPG

Brewman
11-01-11, 09:34
It is understood that many of you at NiB X once worked at Fail Zero. Am I correct in my understanding that Fail Zero was getting many of its "in the white" BCGs from Advanced Ordnance? Fail Zero always was difficult to obtain information from as far as who made the parts and what the actual specs were (Carpenter 158, MPI, HP, Shot Peened, Grade 8 hardware, staking, etc. ). If you want this product to excel and take off, you need to be very transparent to the gun world. -------------- We are certainly mindful of the consumers quest for information and have provided the technical specifications for the bolts and other components on the product page (http://www.wmdguns.com/store/cart.cfm?cmd=view.item&tcat=3&scat=1000&productid=66 ) detailing component specifications, e.g. bolts are Carpenter 158, heat treated, shot peened and MPI tested. We do not High Pressure test the bolt as this reduces the fatigue life of the part by a significant amount (some research shows over 10%). All parts are procured from suppliers to the military and the military industrial complex. Parts are manufactured on the same machines using the same processes as military components. I hope it is no secret that there are not many, if any (I will be bold here and say there is not a single one who makes every component, firing pin, spring and pin), companies that manufacture the entire BCG themselves. When one asks if we buy BCGs from Colt or FN the answer is no. But we do buy from manufacturers who make components for Colt and FN. You mention one, but there are several others. Manufacturers understand that if someone is making 30,000 cam pins a month it is probably more cost effective to buy from them than tool up and make them yourself. So most BCGs on the market are a mix of components that are manufactured in-house and procured from various sources. Leading to the next question of sources.

----------Please tell us WHO makes these BCGs so we know if they are reputable. Be transparent in where the parts are coming from and the M4 enthusiasts will then trust in and purchase your product. --------- Good luck getting Colt, FN, Remington, etc to hand out their sources of manufacture. There are a couple of issues here, and this is not “hiding” anything or being “secretive” it is just the way business is right now. One of the first steps in entering a business relationship is that you are usually required to sign non disclosure agreements. The vendor wants to protect themselves, their technology, processes, customers and prices. The buyer wants to protect same so that a manufacturer cannot take their designs and build those parts for others. So it ends up being a mutual NDA. Legally binding documents that prohibit discussions about the business arrangements. The second issue, especially for “other than the big three” is component availability. A company cannot rely solely on one manufacturer for their supply and for deliveries. I’ve seen a company use six manufacturers for the same component in order to keep a steady supply. One guy falls behind, the other suppliers can keep you in inventory. So I (or any other manufacturer) could tell you that AO makes the bolts but you may have one made by Creed Monarch because two or three different sources are used to reduce the risk of non-supply. I guess there is a third element as well and that is competitive advantage (which is why Colt, FN and others WON’T tell you who makes their parts or will say “we do”). When I find an excellent source and a good price do I need to share that with my competitors? If I say I buy only from mil spec vendors it should go without saying that they are qualified established vendors making parts to high quality standards.

The key is not only who you buy from, but to what specifications and standards. Several high quality vendors make parts out of different materials, and price the added processes independently. That is if you want a stripped bolt of 8620 it is $XX, 9310 $XX and Carp 158 $XX, oh you want that heat treated? $X more, shot peened $X more, MPI = $X and HP is $X. So, in total, the BCG quality comes from a good manufacturer, made to good standards, tested, and QA’d to those standards; and of course applying a high quality coating is imperative.

----I would rather purchase a known quality BCG such as BCM with no coating, than a poorly staked, unknown manufacturer BCG coated in the latest and greatest. --------Our keys are staked on a hydraulic jig. See picture below (not sure if it will post). I know this was a sore spot for initial FailZero purchasers. This picture will also be up on the WMD site shortly.

http://www.wmdguns.com/store/cart.cfm?cmd=view.item&tcat=3&scat=1000&productid=66

Any and all information you provide will only remove speculations, conjecture and rumor mill. Thank you and I hope to try out your product. ---We look forward to serving you. Feel free to call and personally discuss with us. (231) 421-4867

TacMedic556
11-02-11, 21:39
thank you most kindly for the reply and time you spent in answering.

being in the process of a mid length BCM build I can tell you I am seriously weighing my options of purchasing your BCG. I have used and seen FZ BCGs.

I actually have a brand new one in a box right now I have had for several months.

The Nib cleans up nice. I typically use some slip 2000 on them anyway.

Is there anything you could add to SELL me your BCG? What is it that is different from the Failzero BCG other than obviously the staking? Is your coating the same process? Same product? How does the Nib hold up over heavy, heavy use? 40,000+ rounds and abusive environment? Thank you very much. It sounds like you are off to selling a good product with great service.

Take care.

Brewman
11-03-11, 13:20
Is there anything you could add to SELL me your BCG? What is it that is different from the Failzero BCG other than obviously the staking? Is your coating the same process? Same product? How does the Nib hold up over heavy, heavy use? 40,000+ rounds and abusive environment? Thank you very much. It sounds like you are off to selling a good product with great service.

Not too familiar with what the FZ configuration is anymore. We are adding heavy duty extractor spring and buffer ring in the bolt assembly. We've gone to the flat sided carrier and the units are all assembled by a classically trained gunsmith. The NiB-X BCG is $30 less than FZ. Another big difference is that we are a gun company staffed by gun industry professionals. The coating is applied in a high volume, high quality plating shop that is currently AS91000 certifed and coating for aerospace and automotive customers. They will be NADCAP certified in December (highest quality standards you can achieve in aerospace).

In our experience NiB holds up very well in extended use and has passed some very high temp, high cycle rate testing.

DualBerettas
02-04-12, 21:13
Also, what about NibX'ing barrel extensions?

DB

SOP1
02-05-12, 09:25
Also, what about NibX'ing barrel extensions?

DB

We do and they work great. Same lockup everytime since the NiB-X bolt rotates to the same spot on the NiB-X barrel extension. Send us your barrel extension or buy one from us.

piedrarc
02-07-12, 14:25
These BCG's look promising.
Any high round count testing? Flaking of the coating?

Brewman
02-07-12, 19:30
The highest round count that we have heard of in the past 9 months is almost 10,000. We do not see flaking, chipping or spalling. One guy at SHOT told me he has 2400 rounds with no cleaning or lubricating. An agency tested to 4,000 rounds and sent us a blanket purchase order. Now in test in extreme cold regions and hot dusty regions. The AF tested a BCG we coated for an OEM and the last I heard they had 4,500 rounds on it. Loki Weapon Systems uses our BCGs in their platforms and have a nice mud test at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9CNbxArMZo&feature=player_embedded#t=0s or http://www.lokiweaponsystems.com/videos/gallery?videoid=n9CNbxArMZo#youtubegallery

I am sure there will be more test data to come. In the meantime, I hope our customers will write in with their round counts to date. Maybe we will raffle off a free coated hammer, trigger and disconnect kit (will be available commercially by the end of the month) to the folks who respond with significant rounds and their experience or great videos of a torture test.

piedrarc
02-07-12, 20:52
Thanks. I'm probably gonna pick one up.

DualBerettas
02-16-12, 00:56
If you have a BCM charging handle that has been RTV silicon'd...can you still coat it?

If you coat the CH BEFORE the RTV silicon, if you then cerakote the CH will the RTV adhere to it?

DB

SFCRoOKs415
02-22-12, 20:44
looking at replacing my bolt in my Noveske for this one...Gotta still do my homework though

SOP1
02-25-12, 08:12
If you have a BCM charging handle that has been RTV silicon'd...can you still coat it?

If you coat the CH BEFORE the RTV silicon, if you then cerakote the CH will the RTV adhere to it?

DB

We can coat your charging handle. We will need to strip off all the other coatings first.

No need to use RTV over our NiB-X.

dwheelock
02-25-12, 08:42
I think i'd like to get one of these and keep it in my back up bag. Seems like some really good stuff here!

ljaq516
03-20-12, 03:34
I get the whole no lube needed concept but if I did lube the BCG would the lube even adhere and be effective? I currently use FrogLube on my BCM BCG and it works great. Could I use FrogLube on a NiB coated BCG and have it not be a waste of lube?

ddnguyen9
03-22-12, 04:13
I was interested/curious about Nickel Boron coated BCGs. After reading this thread, I think I am going to get one of these bad boys. :smile:

SOP1
03-22-12, 14:17
I get the whole no lube needed concept but if I did lube the BCG would the lube even adhere and be effective? I currently use FrogLube on my BCM BCG and it works great. Could I use FrogLube on a NiB coated BCG and have it not be a waste of lube?

Sure you can use lube if you like! But there is no need to lube and I never use the stuff on my NiB-X guns.

SOP1
03-22-12, 14:48
I was interested/curious about Nickel Boron coated BCGs. After reading this thread, I think I am going to get one of these bad boys. :smile:

Glad you are will to try our NiB-X products. A lot of shooters find hard to go believe but we have a great coating that works!!

badness
06-09-12, 23:00
i just read a review on brownells. The customer got a semi auto carrier. Is this how they're going to be made from now on or are there both semi and full auto carriers being made? I have one a back order from an online dealer. If it's going to be a semi-auto carrier, i'm cancelling my order.

SOP1
06-10-12, 07:57
i just read a review on brownells. The customer got a semi auto carrier. Is this how they're going to be made from now on or are there both semi and full auto carriers being made? I have one a back order from an online dealer. If it's going to be a semi-auto carrier, i'm cancelling my order.

Brownell's only wants to carry semi-auto kits. So if you want a full-auto carrier we have them in stock. Give us a call or if you already purchased a semi-auto carrier we will exchange it for a full-auto carrier.

WS6
08-17-12, 09:40
I'm sure you have done wear comparisons.

How does this product perform with regard to wearing an un-coated upper receiver, as compared to a conventional BCG properly lubricated?

I am considering purchasing one, but my weapon is already complete, and I would JUST be replacing the BCG. Not the hammer, barrel extension, etc.

Noveske 10.5" upper (Using the Vltor MUR) w/ Geissele SSA trigger, if it matters.

Also, does oil "bead" on this surface, or does it simply not have the pores for it to adhere? Froglube is my lube of choice, will I be able to still have lubricate on the BCG, or will it run off or "shoot off" like water on glass or something?

SOP1
10-15-12, 09:38
I'm sure you have done wear comparisons.

How does this product perform with regard to wearing an un-coated upper receiver, as compared to a conventional BCG properly lubricated?

I am considering purchasing one, but my weapon is already complete, and I would JUST be replacing the BCG. Not the hammer, barrel extension, etc.

Noveske 10.5" upper (Using the Vltor MUR) w/ Geissele SSA trigger, if it matters.

Also, does oil "bead" on this surface, or does it simply not have the pores for it to adhere? Froglube is my lube of choice, will I be able to still have lubricate on the BCG, or will it run off or "shoot off" like water on glass or something?

We have never worn out our uppers that has been coated in NiB-B. Our Ar's that we use to test fire every BCG have well over 50,000 rounds through them and show no signs of wear.

WS6
10-31-12, 23:10
I know the ID of the carrier is larger to accommodate the coating. What about the cam-pin slot or cam-pin or hole through the bolt? I have read numerous posts about the cam-pin being "very tight" "requiring needle-nose pliers to turn" "A nylon mallet and a few taps..." etc. on other forums.

kenndapp
11-19-12, 15:58
I know the ID of the carrier is larger to accommodate the coating. What about the cam-pin slot or cam-pin or hole through the bolt? I have read numerous posts about the cam-pin being "very tight" "requiring needle-nose pliers to turn" "A nylon mallet and a few taps..." etc. on other forums.

would like to hear about this too.

SOP1
12-18-12, 14:13
would like to hear about this too.

The cam hole is tight when you first get it. But it will loosen as you use and take in a part. If you find it too tight in your opinion just take a little polish to the cam pin.

lil'Zeus
12-28-12, 11:07
Great thread! I just found one online and got it ordered. Im excited to see it and run it in a new carbine Im building.....

SOP1
12-28-12, 11:27
Great thread! I just found one online and got it ordered. Im excited to see it and run it in a new carbine Im building.....

Thank you!! Glad you found one, since they are selling faster than we can make them!!

9mmkungfu
12-29-12, 11:12
I have a question. You mention the parts being machined to a spec that will allow them to have the NiB-X coating applied and be within spec after the coating.

What do you do with parts that are not machined to that spec, such as a run-of-the-mill BCG that someone sends in and would like the NiB-X coating?

Will those parts become out-of-spec once the NiB-X coating is applied?

SOP1
12-29-12, 14:12
I have a question. You mention the parts being machined to a spec that will allow them to have the NiB-X coating applied and be within spec after the coating.

What do you do with parts that are not machined to that spec, such as a run-of-the-mill BCG that someone sends in and would like the NiB-X coating?

Will those parts become out-of-spec once the NiB-X coating is applied?

We add about .5mil with the NiB-X coating. So the BCG are built on the loose side just in case it's tight. We do customer BCG's all the time and adding the .5mil is not a game changer on it fitting back together your BCG or in your rifle.

majorleaguekennels
06-13-13, 19:55
I ordered a bcg and hammer from you guys today! Thanks for being involved and taking time to answer questions! I am sure I will love my new BCG!

tvfreakarms
08-24-13, 06:10
I know you can order the semi bolt carrier group or the full auto style carrier group. But is the hammer semi or full auto style?

We add about .5mil with the NiB-X coating. So the BCG are built on the loose side just in case it's tight. We do customer BCG's all the time and adding the .5mil is not a game changer on it fitting back together your BCG or in your rifle.

SOP1
08-24-13, 10:45
I know you can order the semi bolt carrier group or the full auto style carrier group. But is the hammer semi or full auto style?

We have both full and semi hammers in stock same price with a BCG.

RalphK.
08-24-13, 10:57
I'm interested in using this in my issued full auto blaster...can order direct.

SOP1
08-24-13, 12:54
I'm interested in using this in my issued full auto blaster...can order direct.

Call Monday morning and ask for Barbara. 772-324-9915

RalphK.
08-24-13, 15:16
Thank you

SOP1
12-03-13, 14:38
The coated hammer gives a smoother trigger pull plus NiB-X on NiB-X reduced wear to zero!