PDA

View Full Version : Chip McCormick Super Match Triggers ?

Steel_Weasel
08-18-06, 06:00
What is the scoop with these ? They seem to have been discontinued. Any opinions/experience.

bigthicket
08-18-06, 09:25
I have a flat single stage in one lower, been shooting it on some longrange at Tiger Valley, last 1 and 1/2 yrs. or so.About 800 rnds so far, it is very crisp for a A-R trigger, all i have to compare it to is my RRA 2-stage in my service rifle lower. I read they had legal troubles over the patent?? It is about 2.5 lbs. no takeup or overtravel.If you can find one, get it.:cool:

Nitrox
08-18-06, 09:29
They had a lot of problems with their single stage triggers. I had one and it was pretty good for the price but it had creep in it. Off the bench it would bump fire entire mags. The trigger I had functioned as it was supposed to but I ended up selling it and buying a Geiselle because of these problems.

bigthicket
08-18-06, 09:33
I heard that too, mine is a early one too. I was shooting next to a guy with one in a carbine that doubled every time, i looked over and he said, that's not me doing that.:D I guess i got lucky, if mine had a problem, i think it would have showed by now.

Nitrox
08-18-06, 09:56
Mine wouldn't double, it was light enough that if I didn't pull the trigger hard enough the recoil would cause me to bump fire additional rounds. It isn't an issue specific to CMC, it is just what happens with light single stage triggers in auto-loaders on a bench rest. Not the end of the world but if you are trying to develop a hand load and you dump the entire mag it can be quite aggravating.

This reason and the vague creep caused me to switch to a Geiselle trigger.

Rmplstlskn
08-18-06, 20:56
Off the bench it would bump fire entire mags.

Ever since I put my ACOG TA11-D on my Colt M4 with a single-stage McCormick, I have been bench shooting more than usual with this carbine and I have experienced this PROBLEM quite often... much to the detriment of my handload 77g. accuracy tests. :mad:

I have found it VERY COMMON to bump fire if you do not pull the buttstock firmly onto your shoulder, such as when using rests and bags. It is quite surprising when it does this, as you do not have a firm grip on it... :eek:

Rmpl

Kisara
08-18-06, 23:32
I read on the internet about a lot of problems with them, but that's not enough to convince me to pass on them. But when I saw one go down at a Trident Concepts class last year, and another at a 10-8 Consulting class this year, I said, "No thanks!" :eek:

Seeing is believing.

Steel_Weasel
08-19-06, 06:11
NUff said. I will be looking elsewhere. Thanks for the feedback.

Rmplstlskn
08-19-06, 22:48
Since we are on the McCormick topic...

Since the McC trigger assy. use slightly OVERSIZED pins, what is my BEST OPTION for replacing this trigger assy. with another type, such as Gisselle?

Will I need to use the KNS anti-rotation pins since the holes in my MEGA lower are now out of spec?

I only want to bump fire when I want it to... not as I'm testing 14.5" barrel MK262 & TAP-clone loads. :( Luckily it hasn't happened when I was using a friends chrono... Oooops! Sorry about that shot up chrono...

Rmpl

Nitrox
08-19-06, 22:56
The Geiselle trigger uses slightly over sized pins too. KNS pins will work though.

The Geiselle trigger is very nice. I had it adjusted totally wrong and it was an improvement over the CMC. Now that it is adjusted correctly...

MudBug
08-20-06, 00:27
The Geiselle trigger uses slightly over sized pins too. KNS pins will work though.

The Geiselle trigger is very nice. I had it adjusted totally wrong and it was an improvement over the CMC. Now that it is adjusted correctly...

I hate to say it (Cuz they are soooo damn pricey), but I love the Geiselle I have on my Recon.