Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SureFire 60 round AR Magazine

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I know Iraqgunz and a few other high volume shooters around these boards have had good luck with the SF. Seems like a new thread pops up every month or so regarding these mags and their failures/attributes. I haven't ponied up the cash yet

I'm still waiting for the polymer quad stack.
    Last edited by Split66; 11-10-12 at 00:38.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everyusernametaken View Post
    Yeah, pricing is certainly consistent with Surefire products - that is to say ridiculous.
    Surefire products are certainly expensive, but they are not ridiculous. Surefire makes products first and foremost for those who actually go into harms way. They produce goods that are designed to be used in horrendous conditions.

Let's look at their lights for example. They are machined from big chunks of aluminum. That requires expensive machines, and engineers with 10lb brains to design them. Both of those are expensive to maintain. They also pack tiny electronics inside their lights, and insulate them to resist shock. There are a ton of reasons why it's perfectly reasonable to expect a high price tag for Surefire products. There is no free lunch, good stuff costs a lot.

Surefire products may not be everyone's cup of tea, largely because of the sticker shock people experience when the see the price. That's ok. Surefire's primary customers are not people playing Peter Pan, they are people and organizations that go into harms way.

Surefire puts out excellent products. They also employ people that are great at their jobs, from the guys repping the products to the people designing them. Quality products don't come cheap. It's a sad day when the entitlement mentality creeps into what is work for some and hobbies for others.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    Surefire products are certainly expensive, but they are not ridiculous. Surefire makes products first and foremost for those who actually go into harms way. They produce goods that are designed to be used in horrendous conditions.

Let's look at their lights for example. They are machined from big chunks of aluminum. That requires expensive machines, and engineers with 10lb brains to design them. Both of those are expensive to maintain. They also pack tiny electronics inside their lights, and insulate them to resist shock. There are a ton of reasons why it's perfectly reasonable to expect a high price tag for Surefire products. There is no free lunch, good stuff costs a lot.

Surefire products may not be everyone's cup of tea, largely because of the sticker shock people experience when the see the price. That's ok. Surefire's primary customers are not people playing Peter Pan, they are people and organizations that go into harms way.

Surefire puts out excellent products. They also employ people that are great at their jobs, from the guys repping the products to the people designing them. Quality products don't come cheap. It's a sad day when the entitlement mentality creeps into what is work for some and hobbies for others.
    That logic makes perfect sense - paying hundreds of dollars for a flashlight ought to ensure it's up to snuff! We shouldn't waste our time considering how much something actually costs to make, when it turns out that retail price dictates quality after all! This new way of thinking will surely revolutionize our economy.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    FYI- it would appear that you are attempting to be a smart ass to NongShim. So as a reminder he happens to be an SME and that dog don't hunt here.

In other words check yo' self, befo' you wreck yo' self.

That logic makes perfect sense - paying hundreds of dollars for a flashlight ought to ensure it's up to snuff! We shouldn't waste our time considering how much something actually costs to make, when it turns out that retail price dictates quality after all! This new way of thinking will surely revolutionize our economy.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    I no longer recommend the Surefire 60 rd magazine - after initially seeing positive results I have run into countless shooters that have had problems with different guns, ammo, suppressed use, etc.

Unless they can fix it- which I seriously doubt - I put it in the gun gamer category and not for life or death use

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have thoughts like this all the time. I keep them to myself because they are provocative, not productive, add nothing to the debate and reduce the S/N ratio. If you think Surefire is too expensive, don't by their stuff. You are certainly free to say so respectfully as in "I think Surefire stuff is too expensive." leaving off the smartass stuff. Smartass remarks are not debate. This ain't junior high school son. Show a little respect please, that goes when addressing SMEs and laymen.
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 11-10-12 at 08:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    I no longer recommend the Surefire 60 rd magazine - after initially seeing positive results I have run into countless shooters that have had problems with different guns, ammo, suppressed use, etc.....
    When I bought two of these things I suspected as much. Is there any indication that hard use or wear causes these issues or does it seem to be inherent in the design?

Feedback Score
    I dropped mine on accident one day at the range. Carrier tilted and rounds fell out. To add insult to injury a lot of sandy dirt got inside. Field stripping is a pain in the ass to say the least. Once it was wiped down and assembled correctly, it ran fine.

It really made me appreciate my trusty old PMAGS.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    ..... I look at the 60 rounder as something you'd stuff in your pack or vehicle.......
    My two home defense mags are 20 rounds loaded with expensive ammo, one for the gun, one for the back pocket. I have also a a 60 round Surefire loaded with ball ammo, I haven't really figured out for what though. For suppressive fire I guess though the use of suppressive fire in a residential neighborhood is dubious at best and I haven't trained the other half of my fire team, my wife, on the use of suppressive fire. Bottom line, the Surefire is more of a cool thing to have than something useful.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Interesting recent feedback. I was about to get a couple...I'll just stick to PMAGS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast