Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Lemas BS...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Smile

Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 07-15-09 at 20:22.

Feedback Score
    It would be valuable to find out what convinced the Coral Gables PD to adopt this ammo. Perhaps one of our "Industry Professionals" can investigate this.
    Howard
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense
    If it is to be it is up to me

Feedback Score
    What a bunch of crap. I sent the editor an email referring her to DocGKR's article here and suggested they contact Doctor Roberts directly. I fear that everytime Bulmer gets a chance to push this crap, officers lives are put in danger.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    It would be valuable to find out what convinced the Coral Gables PD to adopt this ammo. Perhaps one of our "Industry Professionals" can investigate this.

Feedback Score
    Do a Google search for "Bob Pilgrim Le Mas" and you'll find a number of articles he's published about LeMas ammo. The guy is a LeMas cheerleader extraordinaire (no objectivity, period). He's obviously enamored by this bullshit ammo and unwilling to listen to those who disagree with his extraordinary "discovery" I'll call him "Scoop Pilgrim."

Bob Pilgrim is absolutely unqualified to write about ammunition performance, period.

All the entry wounds shown in the article are typical of bullets that disintegrate within the first couple of inches of penetration. The "large" area of trauma (specifically torn skin and muscle tissues) is completely unremarkable. Thus the location of maximum permanent tissue disruption occurs at a shallow depth, nowhere near vitals. But hey, it makes for a dramatic photo op, regardless of the fact that the wound trauma produced is unlikely to produce rapid physiological incapacitation. After all, since when do facts get in the way of a sensational story?!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Shawn Dodson; 07-13-09 at 01:37.
    Shawn Dodson

Feedback Score
    I know the man referred to as "Bob Pilgrim"--under his true name, he is a well respected retired FBI agent with an extensive background in CQB. Unfortunately, he appears to have been duped by the LeMas charlatans--it is sad that he didn't call the FBI BRF and discuss this topic with them before writing his article.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Just wait. There will be another "Miami" scenario down the road and they will once again be in search of a magic bullet. It's sad that no one with any common sense dug further into this issue and consulted others.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I know the man referred to as "Bob Pilgrim"--under his true name, he is a well respected retired FBI agent with an extensive background in CQB. Unfortunately, he appears to have been duped by the LeMas charlatans--it is sad that he didn't call the FBI BRF and discuss this topic with them before writing his article.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Perhaps you would contact him and get the back-story.
    Howard
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense
    If it is to be it is up to me

Feedback Score
    I forwarded my correspondence with the editor to Doctor Roberts. He is working on a reply as his busy schedule allows.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast