Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Check your Trijicon for bible verses

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    Fixed it for ya.
    Thanks, I should have looked it up before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    Murder isn't permitted; killing sometimes is permitted. KJV is wrong when it says "kill"; the Hebrew word is murder. Look at the case laws interpreting the Ten Commandments, specifically, Exodus 22:2-3:
    I just have trouble reconciling 2000+ year old conceptions of ethics with modern life.
    It's like using a sling shot and then expecting the same result using a .45 ACP - meaning that a few parts of the Old/New Testaments are still relevant, but most of it is antiquated Bronze Age ethical structuring for uneducated and culturally isolated Middle Eastern people.

BTW, if I had the money I'd still get an ACOG, I also view these tools from a functionalist perspective, even if I use them for paper targets.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    the point of these little christian symbols isn't to convert anyone. the point of the fish is today the same as it was yesterday- a symbol for christians to show other christians that they're christians. back then it was to show christians refuge in a place where they would be beheaded/hanged/cruicified/starved to death/tortured to death for their faith. today, it's just nice to see that there are still other christians out there. we aren't physically harmed for a views today, but we're still stigmatized and despised, and our numbers are halving every generation.

the symbols arent for you- they're to comfort us.
    Well said.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigating Collapse View Post
    This.

Have you noticed that Christians and overweight people are the only ones that it's socially acceptable to lambaste, mock, and belittle, with absolutely little to no repercussions?
    Nah, it's just that they are such easy friggin targets. Deserve every bit of it really.

Feedback Score
    I think its a cool idea they do this. especially having the verses be about light of some sort.

Feedback Score
    After reading this thread I had to get my TR-21 out and sure enough, there it was. Of course I had to get my reading glasses out to see it (it really stinks to get older).
    For the record, mine is Psalms 112:4, "Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Atg336 View Post
    I just have trouble reconciling 2000+ year old conceptions of ethics with modern life.
    It's like using a sling shot and then expecting the same result using a .45 ACP - meaning that a few parts of the Old/New Testaments are still relevant, but most of it is antiquated Bronze Age ethical structuring for uneducated and culturally isolated Middle Eastern people.
    If Jesus rose from the dead, the Old Testament can be fit (however awkwardly) into a workable, and (obviously) true, worldview (as can religious hypocrites, corrupt religious establishments, the Crusades, etc.). If Jesus didn't rise from the dead--if the resurrection story is a hoax, or a conspiracy, or the gullible ranting of hallucinating wannabe cult leaders, or a turf-protecting religious legend--then why even mess with fitting the Old Testament (or anything else) in? The crucial question then is the resurrection claim. It all hinges on this one thing.

(And to paraphrase C. S. Lewis, if Christianity is true it's infinitely important; if it's not true it's totally unimportant--the one thing it can't possibly be is moderately important.)
    Last edited by Bill Bryant; 01-18-10 at 16:51.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    Nah, it's just that they are such easy friggin targets. Deserve every bit of it really.
    Just because someone may believe differently or be overweight, sometimes through no fault of their own, does not mean they deserve to be mocked. Easy target or not. There is such a thing as treating other people in the same manner that you wish to be treated.
    "...but on the surface it looks like a Satan sandwich." Rep. Emanuel Cleaver

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Well, if you get bored with this thread or need further reading, you can enjoy the well reasoned comments about it at Digg.com: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret Jesus Bible Code

I don't care what they put on their optics, whether it be for Jesus, Satan, Allah, Buddha, or Charlie Chaplain. It's essentially an internal numbering system anyway.

I'm just tired of all these people complaining about every pea they can find to put under their mattresses.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    ""It's wrong, it violates the Constitution, it violates a number of federal laws," said Michael "Mikey" Weinstein of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation"
    I bet I found the problem. But I'm not saying shit.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    BTW, if I had the money I'd still get an ACOG, I also view these tools from a functionalist perspective, even if I use them for paper targets.
    Only if most of your shooting is outside of 50m. And even then, an off set T-1 is a great enhancement. Otherwise, get an Aimpoint and, perhaps, an Aimpoint magnifier.

King Alfred of England declared that Scripture was the basis of English law. That common law is the basis of our legal system.

Read here.

The notion of self defense comes from Ex.22:2-3. And that taking a life to defend mere property is not lawful. Note that if the thief comes in the night, you don't necessarily know he is a thief; he might be coming to do your household harm. If he is not a thief and comes to bring harm, he can lawfully be killed, day or night, by implication.

ETA: The notion is that for something to be law, it ought be fixed, uniform and universal. Malum per se instead of malum prohibitum; the Law of Nature and Nature's God as opposed to the law of men, e.g. kings, emperors and other tyrants, is the stated position of most of the Founding Fathers.

Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    I bet I found the problem. But I'm not saying shit.
    Could this be why I mentioned the IDF uses them?
    Last edited by Submariner; 01-18-10 at 17:25. Reason: Add comment.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast