Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need ammo suggestion for carbine 1:8 twist

Feedback Score
    A 200 Meter zero is usually 2" high at 100. It works well at 300 Meters on 12" steel by going to the top edge or a hair over. Half the Dot is over the top of the gong at 300 which aids in seeing the target at that distance. 50 Yds is close and IIRC about 1/2" low - easy enough to verify at the range.

Feedback Score

Ammo for 1:8 twist carbine

Thanks for all of the input guys....perfect timing as USPS just delivered a whole pack of 30rd PMAGS.

I think I will try everything from 62gr all the way up to 77gr and see how it does. Whatever seems to get the best grouping I am just going to go out and buy a case or 3 of it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I too get great performance out of the 69 grain SMK. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Since the 1:8 will shoot many things so well, going by application, bullet construction, and pressure was the right way to go about it - I'd even consider going as low as the 50gr TSX loads while you're evaluating, in addition to the 62gr TSX and 70gr among those, the 62gr and 64gr JSP types, the 62gr SOST, the 69gr, 75gr, 77gr match OTMs, and for practice, anything will do (55gr FMJ is the most reasonable).

For different applications, grouping may not be the most critical. My short DD rifles only shoot 3MOA with the light stuff I run through them, but they're for shorter range use, while my two 18" uppers like the 75gr T1 Hornady and 77gr SMK, and I'm willing to shell out the extra price to run accurate bullets through those.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12