Thread: UTAS UTS-15>Kel-Tec KSG?

Feedback Score

UTAS UTS-15>Kel-Tec KSG?

Yep, it's another double-tube pump:

http://utasturk.com/products/tactial...ategory/1.html

I think the main advantage over the KSG is that you don't have to flip a switch to change tubes. If you want to let all 15 (14+1) go, there's a setting for that. If you want to do it manually, there's also a setting for that. Another advantage is that you don't have to feed rounds into the bottom of the gun. All the loading is done above the horizontal plane.

Apparently, the UTS-15 is eventually going to be manufactured in the U.S.A. Would anyone pick this over the KSG, and if so would you be interested in utilizing it?

I'm not affiliated with UTAS in any way. I'm just genuinely curious!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor Trail View Post
    Would anyone pick this over the KSG, and if so would you be interested in utilizing it?
    no... maybe its a good idea, but it definitely isnt a proven design, so i'll stick with my 870's
    "Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."

Col. Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just curious, what does 15 rounds of 9 pellet buckshot weigh? 15 rifled slugs? The listed empty weight of this thing is 7.2 lbs.

Feedback Score
    I would pick a AK platform 12 ga. over either of them but then again I would take an AR or Glock 19 over that. If you can't get the job done with a standard HD/Combat shotgun then I think you need to work on your fundamentals or pick a different gun. If I owned one of these shotguns it would be used for target shooting and that's about it. They just seem gimmicky to me...to each their own though.
    "Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave." - Andrew Fletcher, 1698

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"Among Other Evils Which Being Unarmed Brings You, It Causes You To Be Despised." - The Prince, Nicolo Machiavelli

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    +1. I love my saiga 12's over the Ksg, but to each their own.

Feedback Score
    If a known quality manufacturer could produce something like this and the design had been vetted it would be a different story.

Until then someone else can be the guinee pig
    FUAC !!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ball29 View Post
    I would pick a AK platform 12 ga. over either of them
    Same here.

the multiple choices of magazine size makes having 14 rounds in tubes with a switch negligible IMO. Keep a 5 or 10 rounder with slugs in it and keep a 10 or drum 20 in it with 00 buck. All thats needed if you want to switch is drop the mag, rack the round out, and put your slug mag in. You can also reload so much faster carrying 10 round mags than trying to stuff 2 different tubes. While I dont own a Saiga 12(still trying to find one to buy for a decent price), I have played with quite a few and they have all been reliable.

Feedback Score
    From looking at the photos....
    The ability to have 15 rounds without reloading seems to be a plus, except in those states that have magazine round limits.

It also appears that 'shoot one, load one' isn't going to be a viable option as the cheek piece needs to be raised to access the tubes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    Same here.

the multiple choices of magazine size makes having 14 rounds in tubes with a switch negligible IMO. Keep a 5 or 10 rounder with slugs in it and keep a 10 or drum 20 in it with 00 buck. All thats needed if you want to switch is drop the mag, rack the round out, and put your slug mag in. You can also reload so much faster carrying 10 round mags than trying to stuff 2 different tubes. While I dont own a Saiga 12(still trying to find one to buy for a decent price), I have played with quite a few and they have all been reliable.
    In what role?
    How do you carry all those Mag's and drums
    why would you eject a round
    STEVE FISHER
    INSTRUCTOR
    Sentinel Concepts

Consultant for
    Trijicon
    midwest industries
    Nighthawk custom firearms

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    Same here.

WTF?

How many hands do you have? You try combat swapping a 20 round drum full of buckshot for a 10 round stick mag filled with 1oz slugs ... THEN come back here and talk about how that's a good plan.

I swear, the Saiga crowd is NOT honest about the shortcomings of the platform! I would know, I own one. Swapping mags is NOT quick. Swapping on to a closed bolt even less so. They are ROUGH in combat form, expensive in 3-gun form, and really imo make great SBS and range toys. There are exceptions for magwels, but those remove the option of drums, so, yea, stop talking about how a Saiga is a good idea.