Page 64 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Light and Knife photo thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    That's nasty newyork!
    "I can’t remember a mile in my life that was even mildly amusing"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Love me some Japanese inspired blades, but not for carry.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Love me some Japanese inspired blades, but not for carry.
    Why?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr blasty View Post
    Why?

Japanese blades were designed, generally, for slashing motions. From a horse, on the run by a person, where you can hit the person with the tip of the edge (not directly, approx) and the sword (as long as you do your part) will slash through the person.

For an EDC carry blade, slashing is not a characteristic of use I would be interested in. Slashing someone will definitely hurt or make them bleed but it will not incapacitate them or (possibly) cause enough damage to stop them dead. A blade that is specifically designed for deep penetration and able to reach vital organs, past bones and through dense muscle tissue is much more likely to do the job an EDC carry blade requires.

Can you use a Japanese inspired blade to hit vital organs? Of course, it is a blade after all, but it is not designed to do that.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Japanese blades were designed, generally, for slashing motions. From a horse, on the run by a person, where you can hit the person with the tip of the edge (not directly, approx) and the sword (as long as you do your part) will slash through the person.

For an EDC carry blade, slashing is not a characteristic of use I would be interested in. Slashing someone will definitely hurt or make them bleed but it will not incapacitate them or (possibly) cause enough damage to stop them dead. A blade that is specifically designed for deep penetration and able to reach vital organs, past bones and through dense muscle tissue is much more likely to do the job an EDC carry blade requires.

Can you use a Japanese inspired blade to hit vital organs? Of course, it is a blade after all, but it is not designed to do that.
    I can certainly understand this. I must admit that even though I don't carry a blade designed primarily for slashing, my primary defensive methods are going to be slashing since the little to no training I have with edged weapons leaves me using it for only one very particular purpose. For me it's almost strictly a break contact weapon to slash at there hands, arms and face in an effort to get them off of me and /or my gun.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr blasty View Post
    I can certainly understand this. I must admit that even though I don't carry a blade designed primarily for slashing, my primary defensive methods are going to be slashing since the little to no training I have with edged weapons leaves me using it for only one very particular purpose. For me it's almost strictly a break contact weapon to slash at there hands, arms and face in an effort to get them off of me and /or my gun.

This will be the general consensus of most who carry a blade and do not have training to direct their use and implementation.

Training is easy to find, I would suggest finding an instructor that teaches Kali and and start from there.

You should also realize what you are carrying a blade for. It is both an offensive and defensive tool, primarily to aid in the deployment of your primary weapon. I carry a blade because I know I may eventually run out of ammunition and my pistol then becomes nothing more than a club.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, I guess I joined the club. This is my second true knife: An HK Axis made by Benchmade. My first was an HK Ascention, but I later discovered it is made in China. It's a nice knife, but I wanted something with better steal and made in the USA.

Place I got it from out in Arizona even mounted the clip for support side carry for me.

I'll try to get a pic of it opened.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Some of my EDCs -

Spyderco Military, Benchmade Bedlam Auto, Spyderco Tuff, Spyderco Waved Endura, Kershaw Blur, Izula

Lionsteel SR1-A

Cold Steel Espada just because its Ridiculous.

Cold Steel Laredo after I ground the top swedge and put a patina on it.

Busse Combat Boss Jack after sharpening.

Busse Combat Bushwacker battle mistress.

Strider SMF

Spyderco Gayle Bradley.

I like my edges sharp. This was a Busse NMFBM

Last edited by 9mmSMG; 05-01-15 at 12:40.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Benchmade Adamas and Streamlight Micro Stream... Every day, all day. I will occasionally carry a Benchmade Bone Collector Large, but the Adamas is my favorite.

Ordering a Surefire Titan in a few minutes as well.
    Last edited by Uprange41; 05-01-15 at 15:58.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser KAR98K View Post
    Well, I guess I joined the club. This is my second true knife: An HK Axis made by Benchmade. My first was an HK Ascention, but I later discovered it is made in China. It's a nice knife, but I wanted something with better steal and made in the USA.

Place I got it from out in Arizona even mounted the clip for support side carry for me.

I'll try to get a pic of it opened.
    Did you get it at Bear Arms in Scottsdale?
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Page 64 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast